ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

I got home just in time to see Chipper fly out for the last out. How did everyone play tonight guys?

not bad. d lowe pitched a pretty good game, allowed alot of base runners. Troy struggled to get a clutch hit. We just left too many guys on base again. "Same old story, same old song and dance"

Not sure if has been mentioned but Meds hurt his ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow.  He is undergoing an MRI today.  He is a young pitcher and pretty sure the Braves will be extra cautious with him.  So if there is anything wrong, even if it is minor, he is going to the DL. 

On a side note.  Troy Glaus and Eric Hinski's production from first base since June 13:    21-for-138 (.152 BA), 1HR, 14RBI, 29K/24BB.  Probably why we are struggling so much. 

From Braves official website:

"Medlen was forced to exit when he felt tightness in his right forearm and elbow after throwing a 2-1 changeup to Reyes in the fifth. After being evaluated by assistant trainer Jim Lovell, he was unable to even attempt to test his arm with a warmup pitch.

The Braves may promote Mike Minor, the seventh overall selection in the 2009 First-Year Player Draft, to fill Medlen's spot in the rotation. Given that he has pitched just one inning since being removed from the rotation after his June 26 start, Kenshin Kawakami likely wouldn't have the endurance necessary to serve as a starter.

Before revealing their plan, the Braves will wait to review Medlen's MRI results."

Hey guys. Sorry I missed the past few games. My damn computer up and died on me. Got a new one, a macbook too, so Im good to go. I don't like what Ive heard about Medlen, but I'm glad they decided not to put KK back in the rotation if Medlen is put on the DL. Overall a great series if you ask me. Chipper and McCann are really on it right now which is wonderful.

Medlen has been one of our most consistent pitchers, next to Huddy.  With the Phills adding Oswalt, I'm getting nervous!  We better dig a good moat during this home stand.  Phils tonight are at the fish and then go back to Philly for the Mets.  Maybe Frenchy will get his swing back for them.

From ESPN:

The Braves are 13-1 in Medlen's 14 starts, including 11 straight wins. He is 6-2 with a 3.68 ERA.

Explain to me how the Braves are 13-1 in his 14 starts and he has 2 losses?  *shrug*