Game 2 vs Vandy

Corey Luckie went the distance, giving up 2 runs and 5 hits. That's a big step forward for him. He could solve our Friday problem if he can continue to pitch anything like this well.

That is great news. I am really looking forward to watching the game tomorrow. Winning 2 of 3 at home against LSU is obviously very impressive, but taking 2 of 3 at a very tough Vandy would be equally so on the road. Tomorrow is a big game...

I was at the game last night as well as today and we looked like 2 different teams. We came out today and took it to Vanderbilt from the start. Our guys just looked like they had a different attitude even before the game started. We had some awful looking swings last night and never could find a way to get the big hit. Today we had 16 hits, 12 runs, and only 3 of the hits were homers and 2 of them were solo shots by Fletcher and Mummey. So needless to say, we hit the ball all over the field and had some good at bats. They brought in a relief pitcher who quieted our bats a little toward the end of the game, but it had already been decided by then. We seemed to relax a little when they brought in the reliever as he sat a career high in K's. I can't say enough about Luckie. He kept them off balance all day long. The scoreboard showed how fast the pitch was thrown and I honestly can't remember a single pitch that was over 86 mph. He was usually in the 81-83 mph range, but man was he affective. The guys really came out today and hit on all cylinders. It was a much better game to watch than last night was. We had a good crowd today also. I hope to see us pull out the series win tomorrow and send the guys back to Auburn with 2 series wins in a row. WAR EAGLE! He** of an effort/game Corey Luckie!!! You the man!

Huge win! Especially having Luckie go the whole way! That really sets the table for us tomorrow having our bullpen ready. Hope Dayton can continue to go strong

Huge win! Especially having Luckie go the whole way! That really sets the table for us tomorrow having our bullpen ready. Hope Dayton can continue to go strong

I say we ride Dayton tomorrow as long as he can go and the bring in Hubbard. Even if its only the 6th or 7th inning

Archived