Bodda getta?

EricH79

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it came from Pat Dye when he was talking about playing Alabama for the first time something about the color of the sun and shakers maybe. :dunno:

It's much older than Dye. I heard it during the Jordan era. Never been a big fan of it.

I don't know how you can be an Auburn fan and not like Bodda Getta. I mean, no offense or anything, but it's just such a fun chant, and it's completely original...

I think it came from Pat Dye when he was talking about playing Alabama for the first time something about the color of the sun and shakers maybe. :dunno:

It's much older than Dye. I heard it during the Jordan era. Never been a big fan of it.

I don't know how you can be an Auburn fan and not like Bodda Getta. I mean, no offense or anything, but it's just such a fun chant, and it's completely original...

I completely agree.  So much fun.  Now for those hating on "Two Bit,"  you guys are haters!  Yeah it sounds super old and cheesey and therefore probably not as cool, but that's what makes it so cool!  Idk, maybe I'm just too hipster for you guys...  :tease:

Now "Track 'Em"....that's a terrible cheer.  "Track 'em, Tigers, just like beagles???"  Why the heck would we go from awesome Tigers, with their own incredible hunting skills, to beagles???  And every time I hear it, I hear it with a country accent.  Makes us sound sort of...eh.  I just don't like it.

I completely agree.  So much fun.  Now for those hating on "Two Bit,"  you guys are haters!  Yeah it sounds super old and cheesey and therefore probably not as cool, but that's what makes it so cool!  Idk, maybe I'm just too hipster for you guys...   :tease:

Now "Track 'Em"....that's a terrible cheer.  "Track 'em, Tigers, just like beagles???"  Why the heck would we go from awesome Tigers, with their own incredible hunting skills, to beagles???  And every time I hear it, I hear it with a country accent.  Makes us sound sort of...eh.  I just don't like it.

I admit to not being such a fan of Track 'Em for a long time, but again, I love the originality of it, and I don't have a problem with saying track 'em like beagles because beagles are renowned for being good tracking dogs. Tigers are certainly powerful killers, but they kill based purely on feeding, so they are less selective in the process. Beagles can be trained to track just deer, or just whatever kind of animal you're tracking.

I don't like Two Bits because everybody in the world has been using it since the beginning of time. I like original. Generic does nothing for me. War Eagle yes. Go Tigers not so much, unless you're saying Geaux Tigers when LSU plays Bama.

Bodda Getta is great, but any band member (at least former ones like me) can tell you that the real cheer is Getta Bodda:

Getta Bodda Getta Bodda Getta Bodda Get

Har Har Har Bar Boom Ciss

Eagle Damn War Weegle Weegle

Butt 'em in the Kick Blue Big - Yeah!

Archived