Game 1 Arkansas v. Auburn Score

I expect to have an outstanding recruiting class. However!!! In baseball it's normal to lose a top recruit or two to the Major League draft.

Then, replacing three of the better hitters that have been through Auburn in recent years is not likely to happen in one class of recruits. This current year could still be something special if the pitching comes around, but at this point of the season it's hard to imagine a complete turnaround.

We simply can't count on winning a game if we don't score at least six runs, and maybe ten would be more accurate. Teams with good pitching and defense aren't going to give up that many runs, no matter how good our hitters are.

I expect to have an outstanding recruiting class. However!!! In baseball it's normal to lose a top recruit or two to the Major League draft.

Then, replacing three of the better hitters that have been through Auburn in recent years is not likely to happen in one class of recruits. This current year could still be something special if the pitching comes around, but at this point of the season it's hard to imagine a complete turnaround.

We simply can't count on winning a game if we don't score at least six runs, and maybe ten would be more accurate. Teams with good pitching and defense aren't going to give up that many runs, no matter how good our hitters are.

I agree with Mike. If you look at the ERA's of the Arkansas starters, you see why they have the record they do. Auburn is heading in the right direction, a year or two away. We have the right coach...

Archived