DBs

Sani-Freeze

DB seems to be a big focus for the 2011 class, and are generating interest from several talented prospects.

Give me your thoughts on who you'd like to see commit, how many we might sign, etc. We took some guys as athletes in this year's class (White, Davis, etc.) so it might depend on how they look in the fall.

Scout has Lanier listed as a corner and Swain as a safety. I assume we will take at least one more of each. I've heard Rose, Florence and Jones are strong prospects. Are we in the mix for Lyons also?

Erique Florence, Jonathon Rose, Chris Jones, Cameron Martin, Nick Waisome, Valdez Showers, Avery Walls, Wayne Lyons, and Derek King are all VERY good possibilities... and some other names that are either back-ups or long-shots are Ahmad Christian, Kadetrix Marcus, Malcolm Mitchell, Ronnie Harris, and Dominique Terrell... to go along with Lanier. Swain, I believe will more than likely end up playing LB!  :)

Reed may end up at corner.

I'm with you, but I think he'll still be used on offense too. He was the only corner who could shut down Kyle Prater (5* WR at USC) in the Army Bowl game. Scouts at the practices and the coaches say he's better at corner, which is simply amazing and just shows how versitile he really is.

Erique Florence, Jonathon Rose, Chris Jones, Cameron Martin, Nick Waisome, Valdez Showers, Avery Walls, Wayne Lyons, and Derek King are all VERY good possibilities... and some other names that are either back-ups or long-shots are Ahmad Christian, Kadetrix Marcus, Malcolm Mitchell, Ronnie Harris, and Dominique Terrell... to go along with Lanier. Swain, I believe will more than likely end up playing LB!  :)

Nice breakdown DJ. That about sums it up. There could also be a few new names that pop up after the summer camps are over, but that's a good list as of right now. We'll be sitting pretty at DB once signing day gets here.

Chizik = excells @ coaching DB's ... common knowledge

We will get our share of shut=down, speedster, tackling machines this class ...

Possibility another Thorpe Award winner will emerge ... that is Chizik's pattern!

Reed may end up at corner.

to valuable on offense and might turnoff dbs we are recruiting now

Agreed. I think Trovon is the next Percy Harvin. We've got to get the ball in his hands. Not that he couldn't play DB, but he's just too dynamic with the ball in his hands.

Archived