Coach Barbee preparing for next year's class...

I agree that I just LOVE that the head coaches put such a priority on recruiting and are such great recruiters!!

Go Coach Barbee! 

:happydance:

:wedance:

I REALLY want Trevor.. I went to elementary and middle school with him and played on his teams for forever and he's awesome. Great kid and lots of fun to be around  :bow:  And O'Bryant would be absolutely INCREDIBLE

It's amazing the level of talent Barbee is recruiting vs what Lebo was bringing in. The difference is night and day.

I said this in another thread, but in case you missed it Josh Langford said when he signed that he had always liked AU but the previous staff never came and talked to him. How do you not at least go talk to the #1 player in your home state? That's just assinine. Thank the good Lord for Tony Barbee!

It's amazing the level of talent Barbee is recruiting vs what Lebo was bringing in. The difference is night and day.

I said this in another thread, but in case you missed it Josh Langford said when he signed that he had always liked AU but the previous staff never came and talked to him. How do you not at least go talk to the #1 player in your home state? That's just assinine. Thank the good Lord for Tony Barbee!

this speaks in volumes how pathetic Lebo did in recruiting

Are we going after any guys between 6'10 to 7-foot?

Probably not. From what I've seen watching Barbee's team last season, he doesn't need a true big man to run the offense.

Are we going after any guys between 6'10 to 7-foot?

Probably not. From what I've seen watching Barbee's team last season, he doesn't need a true big man to run the offense.

As I can recall, when Barbee was in UTEP, he had a big man named Derrick Caracter, who was 6'9".

You really don't need 7 footers to win big in college. The majority of the champions over the last 10 years or so haven't had 7ft players. Not to say you can't win with them, i'm just saying its not a must. You do need some size in the paint though.

Looks like there will be more attrition on the current roster than i had originally thought. Rumor has it...  Barbee has made HUGE strides with several 2011 recruits and there are some BIG TIME players on the way.  :party:  :wareagle:

I haven't been a really big basketball fan; in fact the first basketball game I EVER attended was the last game at Beard-Eaves on March 3rd of this year.  I only did so then because it was a "family" thing honoring my mama's baby brother.  True.  Having said that, I learned a lot about the game of basketball this year during March Madness...completed a bracket and everything....and I sure would like to see the Auburn basketball team in the NCAA Tournament....it'd sure make March Madness totally worthwhile imo! ;)

~Starla

^^^ not only Lebo but Tuberville too!

Yeah, Tuberville had four first round draft picks in one year because he didn't build recruiting relationships.

Our O-line will really suck this year too, with all those sorry Tuberville recruits. Ziemba, Pugh, Berry, Isom, what a bunch of losers! Nobody wanted them except UAT, UGA, UT, Arky and teams like that. Sure do wish that Tuberville guy had done some recruiting. He might even have beaten Bammer a time or two if only he'd tried to recruit.

^^^ not only Lebo but Tuberville too!

Yeah, Tuberville had four first round draft picks in one year because he didn't build recruiting relationships.

Our O-line will really suck this year too, with all those sorry Tuberville recruits. Ziemba, Pugh, Berry, Isom, what a bunch of losers! Nobody wanted them except UAT, UGA, UT, Arky and teams like that. Sure do wish that Tuberville guy had done some recruiting. He might even have beaten Bammer a time or two if only he'd tried to recruit.

Turn the page man...turn the page.  :we:                                                                                                                                                             

Archived