Round two

wardamnpjm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i personally thought all the selections were lame. a intro song should definately be rock, rock gets your adrenaline pumping. hip hop/rap is for highlights or booty dancing in a club.

i personally thought all the selections were lame. a intro song should definately be rock, rock gets your adrenaline pumping. hip hop/rap is for highlights or booty dancing in a club.

Actually there was an exercise physiology study done on this a few years back and, while rock does get get a reaction, certain types of rap yield a greater epinephrine and norepinephrine release when played loud.  I'll see if I can find the study... it's a pretty decent read.  However, I do agree that something harder than saliva needs to be used.  While last year's song had the perfect lyrics to describe our team, I don't think it should be used this year.

i tell you what though, i do really like it when they mix genre of music. like rock band mixed with a rapper. some of those songs are hott!

Whichever song is selected, it should be one that when we hear it, we immediately identify it with the 2010 season.  It really doesn't make a difference if you or I like the song or not.

There are plenty of songs that aren't really my favorite, but they evoke memories of a certain time or place.  

I just want a song that is "uniquely Auburn" to identify the season with.  If I want to hear one of my favorite songs played at the stadium then I'll bring my ipod.

Just my opinion.  I enjoy reading everyone elses.

Whichever song is selected, it should be one that when we hear it, we immediately identify it with the 2010 season.  It really doesn't make a difference if you or I like the song or not.

There are plenty of songs that aren't really my favorite, but they evoke memories of a certain time or place.  

I just want a song that is "uniquely Auburn" to identify the season with.  If I want to hear one of my favorite songs played at the stadium then I'll bring my ipod.

Just my opinion.  I enjoy reading everyone elses.

That very true, but I don't want to identify the 2010 season with celine dion either.  :tease:  :tease:

But in all seriousness, I'll never forget the 2004 pre game video.

ive always been a fan of metallica, and i like no leaf clover. yet i cant see it as a intro song

Id like everyone’s opinion on NO LEAF CLOVER by Metallica... I thought the song would have been perfect!!!

Any thoughts?

Haha trust me when i say you don't want my opinion on this  :laugh:

Idk i wasn't very impressed with Vox populi. I don't think its left but i will not bow would be great. Kinda describes last season if u ask me

I love BB and that would be incredible. But I admit after the opening of Vox Populi it isn't great, but it is an intro so I don't think they'll play the whole thing. The opening though is too AUsome to pass up IMO.

im 18 and all those songs suck to be honest. If we have to rely on a song to win we will lose every game with those choices. Play some hells bells...that will pump anybody up.

I agree the rap song will be old. TI has a new album coming out in August and the rap world will be revolving around him. How the heck did coheed get on there. I like them but not for this.

I didn't really love any of the choices so I voted for Vox because if you edit out Leto it would be awesome.

I am glad they added P.O.D. Boom. I really like that one and it has my vote. I don't love "All I Do is Win" because I think it will get old very quickly. I like "Tiger Walk" just because it is one of a kind, but it is so repetitive.

The thing about Vox Populi that I haven't seen mentioned is that people are forgetting it's not just a song, but it has to go to a video.  It's pretty cool, but I can't imagine a bunch of football cut-ups thrown up along with it.  It just doesn't lend itself well to a football video, in my opinion.  Also, for those saying that they can keep the intro w/o getting to the parts with the singer, it's too short.  The intro to Vox Populi is just over 30 seconds.  The intro video last year was over a minute long.

The thing about Vox Populi that I haven't seen mentioned is that people are forgetting it's not just a song, but it has to go to a video.  It's pretty cool, but I can't imagine a bunch of football cut-ups thrown up along with it.  It just doesn't lend itself well to a football video, in my opinion.  Also, for those saying that they can keep the intro w/o getting to the parts with the singer, it's too short.  The intro to Vox Populi is just over 30 seconds.  The intro video last year was over a minute long.

Thank you for presenting that point. So now we can narrow it down to Boom And Welcome Home. I LOVE both of them! Im assuming Most have heard plenty of Boom. Maybe not so much of welcome home cause i know not as many people listen to Coheed and Cambria i dont think. So here. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC_xzitahlU

Archived