Tyrik Rollison rumors confirmed!

wardamnpjm

Well it seems the rumors surrounding 2009 4 star quarterback Tyrik Rollison are true. Tyrik... according to Rivals is indeed transferring to Sam Houston state in Texas.The Sulphur Springs, Texas-native confirmed Tuesday to AuburnSports.com what his father, Michael Kelly, said in February. Rollison is transferring.   

{quote}"I haven't done anything at Auburn except go to class in a while," said Rollison, who didn't participate in the Tigers' spring practices. "I plan on going to Sam Houston State, getting back a little closer to home. I think I'm going to stay at Auburn for the first mini-semester in the summer and then go home and attend Sam Houston State the second mini-semester."{end quote}Rollison says he does not have any regrets about signing with Auburn and appreciates the opportunity given to him.Rollison said he wouldn't look back at what might have been at Auburn.

{quote}"I'm only looking forward to my future at Sam Houston State," he said. "I won't have to sit out a year. I can go in and compete immediately. Nothing is going to be given to me. I'm going to have to work, but I'm ready."{end quote}

I hope this young man does well!!! War Eagle Tyrik and good luck in the future! I wish this young man nothing but success,and I hope he gets it!!!!!

Best of luck to him, but if things don't pan out it is his own fault as he did settle for far from even second best. He should've been more patient IMO. I hope he does well, but he'd have looked a lot better doing it in O&B and would've been a lot more likely to play at the next level.

Its not for us to analyze his decision.  There may have been more to it than just football.  Wish him well.  I do and so should everyone else.

ya we knew this a couple weeks after the bowl game

The title is misleading.  Though there was a rumor and then confirmed that he was thinking about transferring, I don't believe it was "official" until now.

I don't understand this move. This kid is extremely talented. Why not transfer to a school with quarterback issues such as tennessee or georgia instead of a small school?

I don't understand this move. This kid is extremely talented. Why not transfer to a school with quarterback issues such as tennessee or georgia instead of a small school?

Because he doesn't want to wait a year, mostly.  If it had anything to do with academics (I don't know what those are like at SHSU) then it wouldn't make sense to go to a comparable school academically like UT or UGA.  At any rate, I'm quite positive it's mostly the first thing.  He wants to play now.

Yea not to be disrespectful at all of Tyrik, but i moved on a good while back. Too much to be excited about to be worrying about one guys decision that i have no control over ya dig?

I thought this was confirmed months ago

It was by him on his Facebook page...and discussed here. this is not news.

i wish tyric the best. i had picked him to beat cam out before the rumors started. he is a pure passer, with speed. but i hope tyric has been informed that he will likely still have to go to class and make the required grades at shsu as at auburn. unless shsu slips him through being qualified, he might have the same issues.

Guest shirley4au9

Its not for us to analyze his decision.  There may have been more to it than just football.  Wish him well.  I do and so should everyone else.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Archived