FLAT BRIMMED HATS

okay how about you put on a jock strap with a cup and sliding shorts in 90+ degree weather then those tight shorts that aren't baggy and see how comfortable you are... suddenly those long pants begin to look good and you'll finally find yourself in a pair of them. I wear a flat bill and long pants.. sorry guys but 98% of baseball players now do too.

okay how about you put on a jock strap with a cup and sliding shorts in 90+ degree weather then those tight shorts that aren't baggy and see how comfortable you are... suddenly those long pants begin to look good and you'll finally find yourself in a pair of them. I wear a flat bill and long pants.. sorry guys but 98% of baseball players now do too.

Westie, you act like baseball has only been around since you have been playing it...Its called trends son. Like it or not, that is what you guys like now. I think it is goofy looking, (the hat, not the pants). Just like how yall let your hair grow like a lamp shade. If you have to constantly keep flipping it out of your eyes to see, whats the point?

Just don't act like us older guys have never wore a jock and sliding shorts.

Weegle777

I hear you. I told my son if he ever buys one of those rediculous looking things to not wear it around me. He said, but Dad......they are real popular. I replied with so are drugs. I told him if he does get one and cocks it off to the side to not come home LOL ! Every time he sees me scope out someone wearing one like this I look at him and we both laugh. This look has "short bus" written all over it.

War Eagle !

Please tell me y'all have seen Rickie Fowler on the PGA Tour. He wears a hat flat brimmed hat that is two sizes too big. Plus his hair is long and curls up around the hat. Just goofy looking. Pretty soon these kids will look back and say, " Can you believe we wore our hats with a flat bill?" "We looked so goofy!" I say that because we all thought rattails were cool and would never go out of style, psychedelic shoestrings were cool and would never go out of style. Give it time, it will be gone soon.

Westie, you act like baseball has only been around since you have been playing it...Its called trends son. Like it or not, that is what you guys like now. I think it is goofy looking, (the hat, not the pants). Just like how yall let your hair grow like a lamp shade. If you have to constantly keep flipping it out of your eyes to see, whats the point?

Just don't act like us older guys have never wore a jock and sliding shorts.

I'm just saying its comfortable.

I hear what you're saying SW. Ive had to sweat my way through many a game wearing tight pants with long socks and you're right its not the most comfortable thing in the world, so while I might not like it, I understand why players wear baggier pants now. I still like the look of rolled up pants with long socks though And completely flat bills look ridiculous. At least bend it a little bit. To me its more uncomfortable if its flat.

I'm old school, too.  I know that surprises some of you on here.  I hate the flat bills.  They do remind me of Lego men.  That was funny.   I hate the long pants, also.   It just looks bad, like pajamas.   

The long pants remind me of the auburn tiger pants I had in 1990, had the tiger stripes(Not racing) from the waist to the ankle. Body builders would wear the ones with stars and stripes looked like one big flag.

The Zubaz pants that the Chicago Bears made famous???? 

Those are the ones :laugh: I actually wore them to the 1991 Auburn v.s. Ole Miss game, with white Ralph Lauren  button down and  a pair of white  Nikes . Thooooooooooose were the days

Remamber what happen to George Costanza when he convinced the Yankees to try cotton uniforms for their comfort :laugh:

Archived