FLAT BRIMMED HATS

What is the deal with this goofy trend? Flat brims are probably the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Is this some kind of hip hop wannabe mess? Bend the brim the way it's supposed to be.

I love em.

ya old fart ;)

I'm only 37, come on!!!!!  :laugh:  You know, then again, I guess people thought we were crazy when we wore parachute pants!  :thumbsup:

I like wearing my hats with a pretty much flat bill but not completely flat. Its got a curve you barely notice. And i wear it frontwards. Not sideways or anything. Its def not got anything to do with hip hop though.lol.

What is the deal with this goofy trend? Flat brims are probably the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Is this some kind of hip hop wannabe mess? Bend the brim the way it's supposed to be.

I agree, I don't like them either. It's just a fad, they will change back soon.

I'm Old School, when it comes to baseball.  I don't like the flat bill caps, (tried to wear one, couldn't do it).  I don't care for the long pants either but that is what the kids on my teams wants/wear along with the flat bill hats.  

Things always change over time, so if it doesn't affect their play I don't care. Just Win.

First guy I remember wearing a flat brim was Chad Cordero when he broke in with the Washington Nationals around '05.  Pulled the cap down on his eyebrows.  I believe SI glorified the style in an article that described him ironing the thing.  Supposedly part of the uniform when he was at Cal State Fullerton.  I'm guessing it started with the skate culture on the left coast. 

I hope y'all know I started this thread just to poke fun, I'm not really bashing anybody. It's all in fun!  :thumbsup:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You must be oldschool

He is I am too :laugh: I have several fitted Auburn baseball caps. The last one I purchased the bill is semi-flat, slightest curve. all sticckers and tags removed. The one a wear most of the time the bill is curved to the point that it henders my vision, like horse blinders :laugh: Bent like my old late 70's early 80's CAT DISEL Cap and BEECHNUT CHEWING TOBACCO cap. Your bored because I was thinking the samething just 2 days ago :trampoline:

I love em.

ya old fart ;)

I'm only 37, come on!!!!!  :laugh:  You know, then again, I guess people thought we were crazy when we wore parachute pants!  :thumbsup:

You didnt  :-[:laugh: And I raaaaaaaan..I ran so far awaaaaayyyy.

I'm old school, too.  I know that surprises some of you on here.  I hate the flat bills.  They do remind me of Lego men.  That was funny.  I hate the long pants, also.  It just looks bad, like pajamas. 

I won't wear a hat unless the bill curves to below level with my eyes.  My dad actually argues that I curve it TOO much.

I'm old school, too.  I know that surprises some of you on here.  I hate the flat bills.  They do remind me of Lego men.  That was funny.   I hate the long pants, also.   It just looks bad, like pajamas.   

The long pants remind me of the auburn tiger pants I had in 1990, had the tiger stripes(Not racing) from the waist to the ankle. Body builders would wear the ones with stars and stripes looked like one big flag.

I'm old school, too.  I know that surprises some of you on here.  I hate the flat bills.  They do remind me of Lego men.  That was funny.   I hate the long pants, also.   It just looks bad, like pajamas.   

The long pants remind me of the auburn tiger pants I had in 1990, had the tiger stripes(Not racing) from the waist to the ankle. Body builders would wear the ones with stars and stripes looked like one big flag.

The Zubaz pants that the Chicago Bears made famous???? 

Archived