MLB Draft Update

Auburn baseball breaks another school record with 9 players drafted on Tuesday. Coming soon on the AE front page.

War Eagle Nation - Banner year for Auburn baseball continues with MLB Draft: http://bit.ly/b3A7jK

Auburn baseball breaks another school record with 9 players drafted on Tuesday. Coming soon on the AE front page.

War Eagle Nation - Banner year for Auburn baseball continues with MLB Draft: http://bit.ly/b3A7jK

Fridejas drafted today. Also, at least one more recruit; Bryce Lane of Gulf Coast CC. That makes 10 current and at least 5 recruits drafted.

Which coach recruited this years' senior class?  I m embarassed that I haven't followed AU baseball, so if anyone has a history, please share.

Which coach recruited this years' senior class?  I m embarassed that I haven't followed AU baseball, so if anyone has a history, please share.

Only two of draftees are seniors; the rest are juniors. Most all of these were probably recruited by Slater unless they transferred from JUCO.

Is there a chance than any of the drafted players shun MLB $ and return to AU for another year? 

Do you guys expect us to lose any of the signees that were drafted? 

Is there a chance than any of the drafted players shun MLB $ and return to AU for another year? 

Junior draftees in earlier rounds, 1-10, usually sign for from 5-6 times higher amount than seniors. Not sure about differences in later rounds. Less than 2% of college juniors return for senior year. Less than 5% of high school players go on to college. Of course this refers to drafted players.

Junior draftees in earlier rounds, 1-10, usually sign for from 5-6 times higher amount than seniors. Not sure about differences in later rounds. Less than 2% of college juniors return for senior year. Less than 5% of high school players go on to college.

That's some good info there. That's what I meant in an earlier post when I stated that juniors had some leverage that seniors don't have.

Junior draftees in earlier rounds, 1-10, usually sign for from 5-6 times higher amount than seniors. Not sure about differences in later rounds. Less than 2% of college juniors return for senior year. Less than 5% of high school players go on to college.

Yea; you were spot on. I was a little off base there. Thanks for all your good info.

That's some good info there. That's what I meant in an earlier post when I stated that juniors had some leverage that seniors don't have.

Archived