? does ESPN have any clue?

norcuron

Yep, they've been scooped multiple times at this pt.

The fact remains though, where IS Beebe getting these $$ from...suddenly you can lose two important teams and double your revenue stream?

All of this is based on "projections" that the B12 can acquire a TV deal like the SEC.

Since when did the B12 draw those types of ratings? They go from the Titanic to the preeminent conference in the land literally in one night.

Yeah right guys, I got a bridge to sell ya too.

basically texas can have their own network if they stay in the big 12-2. The only thing going on right now is number crunching and desperation. The pac ?? would probably bring 16-20 million per school if the teams jump ship. If texas stays put they will make around 17 milliion a year(same as SEC schools) and an additional 3-5 million on their own network. Thus the dilemma...they "could" make more in the big 12-2 or they "will" make more in the pac ??. It is around a 2-5 million dollar difference in favor of the big 12-2. However if aTm leaves then it is all over for the big 12-2.

JMO

Ol' Joe Schad sounded pretty sure of the four schools leaving for the west this morning. He had four of what he would call credible sources that supported this theory. I feel TA&M should leave, they would make more money in the SEC. They could also use the SEC to recruit against UT. I feel that the Big 12-2 is too much to salvage especially if TA&M leaves for the SEC. But what do I know

The figures I've heard are $23+m for UT and $17-20 for A&M and Ok. Just not sure how they could justify such optimism from a financial standpt.

Archived