AUBURN UNIVERSITY BASKETBALL: Barbee realistic about 1st season

auburn24

I will bet you that "realistic"for Coach Barbee is minimum 25 wins and a NCAA tournament invite.

I will bet you that "realistic"for Coach Barbee is minimum 25 wins and a NCAA tournament invite.

probably to high expectations for next year

Possibly, but Auburn does have some talent returning, along with some experience from the younger guys. Add them in with these newcoming freshman... we might be good enough for 18-20 regular season wins.

Which would be awesome for his first year... but we can also do better with coaching, something we havent had in a while.

Way too high. Just finishing with a winning record his first year would be more realistic.

Possibly, but Auburn does have some talent returning, along with some experience from the younger guys. Add them in with these newcoming freshman... we might be good enough for 18-20 regular season wins.

Which would be awesome for his first year... but [glow=red,2,300]we can also do better with coaching, something we havent had in a while.[/glow]

Coach Lebo was a great X's and O's coach. He probably won more games then he should've because he was a good in game coach. His problem was recruiting the talent to be highly successful. He brought in a few good players but not enough of them to keep his job. Korvotney Barber was probably the most high profile recruit he brought to the plains and he was the only high school all american I remember Lebo ever signing. With Barbee that isn't going to be the case. He will recruit and bring in big time talent.

I would be happy with a winning record both for the season and in the SEC then another couple of good recruits.  Long term I expect this program to excell but let's not put unrealistic expectations on the first year.

The most important thing next year with a new Arena and a new coach is a packed arena at every game. Recruits want to see a full arena and a community that supports its Family.

The other thing we need is some emoticons for Sports other than just football

How about somebody with talent creating a Dunking Aubie or something similar for basketball

:we:

Archived