LaGarrette Blount still swinging....

The SandMntTiger

Thanks for providing the link Golf. I think the thing that p's me off the most was after he threw it, he had the same motions as he did after the Boise St. game last year. Sort of bobbing and weaving as he back peddeled. Like I said, I'd love to see someone drop this clown.

I vote Sen'Derrick Marks to do the job.

As Frank Wyceck said this morning, Jeff Fisher may have to put him in a witness protection program.  Blount hasn't figured out yet that he is in a world of men who won't take that "thug" stuff at all!!

He punched him in the facemask? 

We call this 'ignorance.'

Anywho, if fights aren't happening in training camp, then the boys aren't playin hard enough.

He punched him in the facemask? 

We call this 'ignorance.'

Anywho, if fights aren't happening in training camp, then the boys aren't playin hard enough.

Yeah I guess he should have just waited for the guy to take his helmet off like the guy from Boise, huh?

Hell I would have!  I had a guy threaten to punch me while i was in my motorcycle helmet one day.  I just put down the face mask and laughed my ass off at him :D

I am not condoning what Blount did aganst Boise State, but the guy desrved to get socked when he taunts people like that. Im just saying he deserved it, and fights happen in camps all the time. There was one in Auburns camp last year, it was in the introduction to Auburn: Every Day. Those guys in the NFL will knock him out quick as a hiccup and not think about it the rest of the day. Theyre nasty nasty.

Guest WarTiger

A fight in football practice. My word, Im sure that has never occured before.....Its the NFL, fights happen EVERYDAY at practice. It is really a non-issue.

"But Fisher didn't seem to be upset. "I am not disappointed whatsoever,'' Fisher said. "His past is his past. Is that the first punch you've seen at camp this year? No. OK. I am not disappointed whatsoever. I have great confidence in the young man that he has learned from his mistake and is very competitive.'' The punch was part of an intense practice with, per Wyatt, "numerous" shoving matches."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/18/legarrette-blount-throws-a-jab-again/

I agree with you a lot SMT but I can't on this one.  It wasn't a sucker punch. They started having words, the guy pushed him and got stuck in the facemask.  If anything, I'm surprised that the other guy was such a pansy that he didn't swing back.

This happens in high school spring training. Like it was previously stated... if the Boise incident never happens, this isn't news. 

I like Skip Bayless' take on it. "The guy isn't a candidate to be an anger management counselor, but no this is no big deal!"

On its own this punch means nothing. However, if I was his NFL coach and he was trying to make the team, it wouldn't turn out well for him. If he supposedly changed and everything, why did he do this???

On its own this punch means nothing. However, if I was his NFL coach and he was trying to make the team, it wouldn't turn out well for him. If he supposedly changed and everything, why did he do this???

I agree with what you're saying, but they were saying on espn earlier that he has had his helmet ripped off TWICE in preseason training... It's one thing for it to fall off, but ripped off is on purpose.

I agree with you a lot SMT but I can't on this one.  It wasn't a sucker punch. They started having words, the guy pushed him and got stuck in the facemask.  If anything, I'm surprised that the other guy was such a pansy that he didn't swing back.

This happens in high school spring training. Like it was previously stated... if the Boise incident never happens, this isn't news. 

I like Skip Bayless' take on it. "The guy isn't a candidate to be an anger management counselor, but no this is no big deal!"

Thats cool man. I think the thing that rubbed me wrong the most, is more or less his actions after swinging. That little back peddle move he's got where he's bobbin' after throwing a punch, just reminds of a punk. Probably making more out of it than I should but after seeing that crap today, I'd decided I really don't like that guy.

Thats cool man. I think the thing that rubbed me wrong the most, is more or less his actions after swinging. That little back peddle move he's got where he's bobbin' after throwing a punch, just reminds of a punk. Probably making more out of it than I should but after seeing that crap today, I'd decided I really don't like that guy.

Oh I still don't like him... so we're still on the same side  :thumbsup:

Oh I still don't like him... so we're still on the same side  :thumbsup:

mrd8wp.jpg

I am not condoning what Blount did aganst Boise State, but the guy desrved to get socked when he taunts people like that. Im just saying he deserved it, and fights happen in camps all the time. There was one in Auburns camp last year, it was in the introduction to Auburn: Every Day. Those guys in the NFL will knock him out quick as a hiccup and not think about it the rest of the day. Theyre nasty nasty.

You said it right there.  Fights in camp are as common as holdouts.  The same thing happens in NCAA camps, and in both cases the coaches eat it up as long as nobody gets hurt.  It's all about competition.

This stuff happens everywhere in practices at almost every level of the sport. I heard that it happened quite often when Tubs was here.

As for the punch last year he had on the chump from Boise State....HILARIOUS! LOVED it! That guy deserved to get jacked.

During Titans practrice yesterday, Blount decided to throw another sucker punch. It is just me or does anyone else wanna see someone come up and just lay him out? And I mean out cold!!

I would love to see him just get knocked the ... you know what out.

Archived