Mary Anne Marsh on Hannity and Colmes

DKW 86

I'm not interested in Jeff Goldstein's opinion, David.

I'm not interested in "John's" opinion that links to Jeff Goldstein's opinion.

I'm not even interested in  Paul Drabek's opinion.

We've seen this already...it's an opinion piece.

David, all you've done here is link to chat sites where people gave their opinion's on what was said. If I link to a poster on Democratic Underground's board who says Bush let 9/11 happen does that prove that assertion? No. Neither does this.

Did Marsh say that every person who was eligible for Vietnam and went instead into the guard was a betrayer? Jay Nordlinger didn't say she said that, but both you and he have concluded that she did. He even said, "Okay — so must have every eligible man who did not serve in Vietnam."

I know what Google is and am very adept at using it. I'm also very adept at reading and, according to the rules that are posted, the onus is on YOU, the poster, to provide a link so as not to start unsubstantiated rumors. Rule number 5. You said, "Dem Strategist Marsh says Natl Guard "betrayed their country" in Vietnam." You then said, "She stayed fast with her statement that Natl Guardsmen "Betrayed their country." Nordlinger, whom you've quoted, seems to be contridicting you because he says she said Bush, not ALL NG as you said.

Your utter hatred of all things Democratic has clouded your judgement.

That's right Al. Just ignore what she said.

Ignore that umpteen different blogs refer to it now.

Ignore that National Review said it happened, a nationally recognized political magazine.

"Bush betrayed this country about why we went to war in Iraq" — so far, so good (or rather, so far, so normal) — "just like he betrayed them when he didn't fight in Vietnam." Say what? Bush betrayed his country because he served in the Guard, not in Vietnam itself? Are you kidding?

No, she was not kidding — she repeated her charge, that Bush had "betrayed his country." Okay — so must have every eligible man who did not serve in Vietnam. All traitors. Including Bill Clinton, of course, and many others Mary Anne Marsh must admire. That is the criterion: If you were eligible and did not serve in Vietnam, you "betrayed your country."

You asked for a Link, I gave you 4. You might not care for one. You got 4 and told how to find several dozen more.

You say you can read and know how to use Google? Funny you were awfully blank on that info just a few posts above.

Tiger Al Posted on Aug 25 2004, 11:31 PM

QUOTE (AUloggerhead @ Aug 26 2004, 12:02 AM)

FYI -- In addition to doing Hannity & Colmes on Fox TV, Sean Hannity also has his own afternoon radio talk show, 3-6 pm Eastern, M-F. Link He's affiliated with the ABC network on the radio. 

Already checked it out...no mention of it there, either. 

Don't forget about this, David.

Just trying to help. ;)

David:

Why don't you simply admit that you mischaracterized her "quote" when you said

She stayed fast with her statement that Natl Guardsmen "Betrayed their country."

You're free to say that is how you sincerely interpreted what she said. You're free to argue for the validity of your interpretation. But by all other accounts, she said the Bush betrayed this country. It would be a rather small point if you would just recognize this simple fact.

David:

Here's something you could "do."

It's simple and face saving.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're free to say that is how you sincerely interpreted what she said. You're free to argue for the validity of your interpretation. But by all other accounts, she said the Bush betrayed this country. It would be a rather small point if you would just recognize this simple fact.

As usual the Libs edit and modify what reality is to fit their own agendas.

Mary Anne Marsh NEVER said "Bush betrayed this country.(period)"

She said: "Bush betrayed this country by not serving in Vietnam (period) " That Sirs, is a completely different quote. Not the sanitized, editted version quoted above. The "by not serving in Vietnam" includes everyone else that did not serve on Vietnam soil as well.

Either one of you two want to tell the board HOW Bush betrayed his country with the quote both of you to used? What she meant by it and what was the criteria?

I didnt think so. Just typical Texas Tiger Al :bs: Misquote and smear. You two would make excellent Demwits. ;)

As usual the Libs edit and modify what reality is to fit their own agendas.

Mary Anne Marsh NEVER said "Bush betrayed this country.(period)"

She said: "Bush betrayed this country by not serving in Vietnam (period) " That Sirs, is a completely different quote. Not the sanitized, editted version quoted above. The "by not serving in Vietnam" includes everyone else that did not serve on Vietnam soil as well.

Either one of you two want to tell the board HOW Bush betrayed his country with the quote both of you to used? What she meant by it and what was the criteria?

I didnt think so. Just typical Texas Tiger Al :bs: Misquote and smear. You two would make excellent Demwits. ;)

You're an excellent Republican-- absolutely refuse to accept responsibility and then attack by accusing others of doing what you do each day.

I'd be happy to, David, once you explain to the board how you got this:

Mary Anne Marsh on Hannity and Colmes, Says Natl Guard "Betrayed" the US.

And how you got this:

Dem Strategist Marsh says Natl Guard "betrayed their country" in Vietnam.

And how you got this:

She stayed fast with her statement that Natl Guardsmen "Betrayed their country."

Out of this:

"Bush betrayed this country about why we went to war in Iraq just like he betrayed them when he didn't fight in Vietnam."

I'd still like to know what radio station carries 'Hannity and colmes'. Maybe that network would have the transcript.

BTW, I never saw it on TV. Heard it on the Radio.

Developing..............................................................................

I'd be happy to, David, once you explain to the board how you got this:

Mary Anne Marsh on Hannity and Colmes, Says Natl Guard "Betrayed" the US.

And how you got this:

Dem Strategist Marsh says Natl Guard "betrayed their country" in Vietnam.

And how you got this:

Out of this:

"Bush betrayed this country about why we went to war in Iraq just like he betrayed them when he didn't fight in Vietnam."

I'd still like to know what radio station carries 'Hannity and colmes'. Maybe that network would have the transcript.

BTW, I never saw it on TV. Heard it on the Radio.

Developing..............................................................................

Pathological stubborness. David and George share some DNA. ;)

Pathological stubborness. David and George share some DNA.

Yeah, people underestimate me and I am a winner too. ;)

I don't know. David seems to be the only one who can tune in to 'Hannity and colmes' on the radio and I'm pretty sure his mind is already made up.
Hannity told everyone about it on his radio show.

I thought I had explained this to you before. Hannity has a radio show. Fox lets him use clips from H&C on the show. Now I don't see a transcript there either, but as far as "what radio station carries H&C"...you're just being a smartass.

"just like he betrayed them when he didn't fight in Vietnam." Say what? Bush betrayed his country because he served in the Guard, not in Vietnam itself? Are you kidding?

Texas Tiger Al here is the rest of the quote you keep missing.

Now want to post on this quote?

"just like he betrayed them when he didn't fight in Vietnam." Say what? Bush betrayed his country because he served in the Guard, not in Vietnam itself? Are you kidding?

Texas Tiger Al here is the rest of the quote you keep missing.

Now want to post on this quote?

David, the rest of the quote that you keep throwing in there is not what Marsh said. In fact, it's from an online article the following day from the guy who was on the same show with Marsh the night before. You claimed Marsh said these things on H&c. Surely, she didn't start referring to herself in the third person on the program did she? The only thing she said was the quote I gave you. The rest of it is Nordlinger's opinion.

A big tip-off for you should've been those little things that look like this-" "-They're called quotation marks and they indicate what a person said. Here's the full text of the article you provided, including the "rest of the quote" you continue to grasp. I'll make it easier for you by highlighting the words Marsh actually said so you can see how quotation marks work:

The oddest thing happened on Hannity & Colmes Monday night. A Democratic strategist, Mary Anne Marsh, was giving it to President Bush, as you might have expected. But here's what you might not have expected: She said, "Bush betrayed this country about why we went to war in Iraq" — so far, so good (or rather, so far, so normal) — "just like he betrayed them when he didn't fight in Vietnam." Say what? Bush betrayed his country because he served in the Guard, not in Vietnam itself? Are you kidding?

No, she was not kidding — she repeated her charge, that Bush had "betrayed his country." Okay — so must have every eligible man who did not serve in Vietnam. All traitors. Including Bill Clinton, of course, and many others Mary Anne Marsh must admire. That is the criterion: If you were eligible and did not serve in Vietnam, you "betrayed your country."

Now, I'll ask you again where you got, "Mary Anne Marsh on Hannity and Colmes, Says Natl Guard "Betrayed" the US.", "Dem Strategist Marsh says Natl Guard "betrayed their country" in Vietnam." and "She stayed fast with her statement that Natl Guardsmen "Betrayed their country."" from what SHE said, not from Nordlinger's additional embellishment, which you wouldn't have heard on the radio the night before it was printed???

Hannity told everyone about it on his radio show.

When you originally started this thread on Aug 23 2004, at 11:21 PM, well before you could've read the National Review article that was posted August 25, 2004, at 9:39 a.m. you hadn't even seen or heard Marsh's comment directly but were basing everything on what Hannity "told everyone?" Hmm. This gets stranger all the time.

Hmm, he advanced to the front of a very long line when his test scores were completely meritless for such a move, missed time from a job that hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent training him for, lost his flight status for reasons he seemingly can't remember and got out early once the danger of the draft was over. What do you call that?

I call it dodging the question.

If she believes those words then why should she retract them? If her hatred is overt, wouldn't it necessarily be displayed publicly? Seriously, I don't know that she hates him, but, if she does then what's wrong with that? O'Neill, Thurlow and the rest are very overt in their hatred toward Kerry but that doesn't seem to bother anyone. The list of those who hate anyone named Clinton or is a senator from Massachusetts is very long but those on the list don't lose a minutes sleep worried about their hatred so why should she, if that's the case?

{Dodging the question, again.} Ms Marsh is a Dem strategist. She's trying to get her guy elected. On a nationally broadcast TV show, she states the sitting President is guilty of betraying the country by serving in an Air Guard unit that wasn't mobilized for Viet Nam. Put aside the fact that Bush was a fighter-interceptor pilot and there was zero need for such pilots in Viet Nam. She made this outrageous statement, then was given the opportunity to retract it by the show's hosts -- and refused. So, the question remains: is she a complete idiot or a total moron?

I don't know. David seems to be the only one who can tune in to 'Hannity and colmes' on the radio and I'm pretty sure his mind is already made up.

3 for 3: congratulations on the clean sweep dodge. I'll spell it out for you: she must be convincing & make her guy appealing. Instead, she trys to denigrate Bush's service and looks like a total fool. The people she has to convince to vote for her guy are not the Kool-ade drinkers. If she's trying to help Kerry, she's doing a terrible job.

Hmm, he advanced to the front of a very long line when his test scores were completely meritless for such a move, missed time from a job that hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent training him for, lost his flight status for reasons he seemingly can't remember and got out early once the danger of the draft was over. What do you call that?

I call it dodging the question.

If she believes those words then why should she retract them? If her hatred is overt, wouldn't it necessarily be displayed publicly? Seriously, I don't know that she hates him, but, if she does then what's wrong with that? O'Neill, Thurlow and the rest are very overt in their hatred toward Kerry but that doesn't seem to bother anyone. The list of those who hate anyone named Clinton or is a senator from Massachusetts is very long but those on the list don't lose a minutes sleep worried about their hatred so why should she, if that's the case?

{Dodging the question, again.} Ms Marsh is a Dem strategist. She's trying to get her guy elected. On a nationally broadcast TV show, she states the sitting President is guilty of betraying the country by serving in an Air Guard unit that wasn't mobilized for Viet Nam. Put aside the fact that Bush was a fighter-interceptor pilot and there was zero need for such pilots in Viet Nam. She made this outrageous statement, then was given the opportunity to retract it by the show's hosts -- and refused. So, the question remains: is she a complete idiot or a total moron?

3 for 3: congratulations on the clean sweep dodge. I'll spell it out for you: she must be convincing & make her guy appealing. Instead, she trys to denigrate Bush's service and looks like a total fool. The people she has to convince to vote for her guy are not the Kool-ade drinkers. If she's trying to help Kerry, she's doing a terrible job.

I guess this falls under the category of, "When you want my opinion you'll give it to me."

I guess this falls under the category of, "When you want my opinion you'll give it to me."

You're free to offer your opinion on what Ms Marsh said anytime. I'm of the opinion it did little to help the Kerry/Edwards campaign and probably hurt them big-time with the undecideds. In a race as close as it is, her stubborness to retract her over-the-top comments is unconscionable. Makes me wonder if she really wants Kerry to win. And you?

Well, I'm of the opinion that probably not that many independents watch 'Hannity and colmes" anyway and the ones who do on a regular basis probably aren't very independent to begin with. I'm also of the opinion that the statement she made represents a school of thought that's been around since Bush began campaigning for the 2000 election, so it isn't something never heard of before and it isn't particularly shocking to those who don't deify him.

Waiting on the transcripts from H&C or from H. If they come will post in their entirety.

When did you begin having reservations that the transcripts might not come? We're all in aggreeance with the one sentence that was attributed to Marsh in Nordlinger's article and I've asked you specific questions regarding it. Surely you can answer those questions without the transcripts, can't you since you wanted us to discuss this topic without them, can't you?

Waiting on the transcripts from H&C or from H. If they come will post in their entirety.

When did you begin having reservations that the transcripts might not come? We're all in aggreeance with the one sentence that was attributed to Marsh in Nordlinger's article and I've asked you specific questions regarding it. Surely you can answer those questions without the transcripts, can't you since you wanted us to discuss this topic without them, can't you?

What?

I guess we can continue to beat the dead horse here, but lets at least get real, and complete quotes to work with here.

What?

I guess we can continue to beat the dead horse here, but lets at least get real, and complete quotes to work with here.

So you dispute the quotes included in the links you previously provided?

Absolutley not!

I dispute to the last your warped interpretation of them and want a complete and unquestioned set to work with as any sane person would.

What?

Jay Nordlinger's quote of Marsh wasn't real or complete and yet you posted it here anyway? Did you know this before or after you posted it as proof of what she said? Remember when you said this:

That's right Al. Just ignore what she said.

Ignore that umpteen different blogs refer to it now.

Ignore that National Review said it happened, a nationally recognized political magazine.

"Bush betrayed this country about why we went to war in Iraq" — so far, so good (or rather, so far, so normal) — "just like he betrayed them when he didn't fight in Vietnam." Say what? Bush betrayed his country because he served in the Guard, not in Vietnam itself? Are you kidding?

You asked for a Link, I gave you 4. You might not care for one. You got 4 and told how to find several dozen more.

You say you can read and know how to use Google? Funny you were awfully blank on that info just a few posts above.

You see, David, I haven't been ignoring it. To the contrary, I've been trying to find out why you said she said things that she obviously didn't say. You provided an article from National Review Online as proof and now you claim it isn't real or complete. That would lead me to believe that you think Jay Nordlinger's subsequent points are invalid. Remember his subsequent points?

Okay — so must have every eligible man who did not serve in Vietnam. All traitors. Including Bill Clinton, of course, and many others Mary Anne Marsh must admire. That is the criterion: If you were eligible and did not serve in Vietnam, you "betrayed your country."

But, yet, you not only agreed with him, you pushed his distortions even further by including non-Vietnam era members:

Funny, I was discharged from the Reserves, I dont feel like a "betrayer." But I guess me and Al have something in common now. We "betrayed" out country..

I've asked you to answer one specific question and you refuse to do it. Why? Oh wait, I think I might have an idea...

489562.262756.gif

Absolutley not!

I dispute to the last your warped interpretation of them and want a complete and unquestioned set to work with as any sane person would.

If you don't dispute them, can't you at least admit that what you included in your first post on this thread was your interpretation of them, which you believe is valid, but not a literal recounting of what she said?

Wait till the transcripts are available. What is so hard with that? I stand by what we all read. She said Bush betrayed the US by not going to Vietnam. In other words by not be assigned to Vietnam he was somehow a traitor. Were the guys in subs back then Traitors? Were the DIs in bootcamp traitors too? I guess you two now want to stand behind her ridiculous attempts to smear everyone and everything that didnt go to Vietnam.

How do you two feel about Clinton the coward now?

Wait till the transcripts are available. What is so hard with that? I stand by what we all read. She said Bush betrayed the US by not going to Vietnam. In other words by not be assigned to Vietnam he was somehow a traitor. Were the guys in subs back then Traitors? Were the DIs in bootcamp traitors too? I guess you two now want to stand behind her ridiculous attempts to smear everyone and everything that didnt go to Vietnam.

Well, I respect the fact that he freely admits he did not want to go to Viet Nam and tried to avoid it. That puts him light years ahead of Bush.

I guess you two now want to stand behind her ridiculous attempts to smear everyone and everything that didnt go to Vietnam.

I've specifically said I did not agree with her. You've already demonstrated though, that you totally support smearing those who did go to Viet Nam if they disagree with you politically.

Archived