Maybe Obama's startegy is 'hoping ISIS runs out of captive Americans to behead'

AUisAll

i have seen enough of this sh-t myself. it's time to hit something hard. I don't know what to hit though. any suggestions? Does ISIS have a headquarters, capital building, weapons cache? Or is this a ghost operation of insurgents just luring our military into an unfair fight using civilians as cover? Maybe why we haven't acted?

It's not like they can go get more hostages, is it ?

I'm wondering why they waited until after the holiday weekend to murder this hostage. Maybe they thought with everyone back from vacation, they'd have our attention ?

These guys really aren't as clueless as some would have us believe.

How about dropping a company of special forces right on top of the leadership (assuming we know where they are of course). We may get lucky and get the top dogs, but will be killin' a lot of IS for sure. Course it would be a suicide mission.

How about it guys?

As horrible as these atrocities are, you are letting them play you like a drum. :no:

How about dropping a company of special forces right on top of the leadership (assuming we know where they are of course). We may get lucky and get the top dogs, but will be killin' a lot of IS for sure. Course it would be a suicide mission.

How about it guys?

As horrible as these atrocities are, you are letting them play you like a drum. :no:

Unfortunately the whole world is playing America like a drum.

Thoughts and prays to the family.

The video specifically addressed the Obama administration. Until the Obama administration does something (anything?) meaningful in response, we should expect more of these same atrocities to continue. The only leadership I see on this is coming from UK PM Cameron. Meanwhile, key members of the Obama administration are out kite-boarding, fundraising or playing golf.

The video specifically addressed the Obama administration. Until the Obama administration does something (anything?) meaningful in response, we should expect more of these same atrocities to continue. The only leadership I see on this is coming from UK PM Cameron. Meanwhile, key members of the Obama administration are out kite-boarding, fundraising or playing golf.

We are bombing them daily. The appeal to Obama was to get him to stop something we are already doing.

I guess it's hard to see the facts when you are so focused on your hatred of Obama, huh?

We are bombing them daily. The appeal to Obama was to get him to stop something we are already doing.

I guess it's hard to see the facts when you are so focused on your hatred of Obama, huh?

MY understanding is that before yesterday when we turned up the volume of attacks, is that we had bombed targets about 40-50 times in 9 days. How about a few hundred or more a day?

MY understanding is that before yesterday when we turned up the volume of attacks, is that we had bombed targets about 40-50 times in 9 days. How about a few hundred or more a day?

Ah yes, the American Cult of Bombing: http://www.thenation.com/article/181319/american-cult-bombing#

If there aren't enough targets in a given day, do we just drop the rest on the desert? :-\

Ah yes, the American Cult of Bombing: http://www.thenation...n-cult-bombing#

If there aren't enough targets in a given day, do we just drop the rest on the desert? :-\

This is the point some are missing^^^^.

This is a meaningless post. Don't you understand that the purpose of the thread is to criticize the President? The fear and outrage are merely feigned for effect.

This is just awful and getting out of hand

What would you do ?

I have no ideal. Wish I did

I don't believe you. I read in another thread that, Obama thinks Golf will solve all of our problems.

There's no such thang as dem terrorists! dis hole thang is a skeem to git 'mericans to bam dem crazie camel ridrs. Piece out, bru.

Great point Homer. The American propensity for a quick war has lead to our want for air strikes and in many cases an overreliance in its application. It's been that way since WWII with General Lemay's Japan fire bombing, Korea, Vietnam Linebacker I and II, etc.

Carlotta Gall in her book The Wrong Enemy, America in Afghanistan 2001 - 2014 makes a great point:

"The U.S. and NATO forces on the ground displayed too great a readiness in their use of devastating firepower. Whenever forces were ambushed or pinned down by enemy fire, they called in airstrikes. Special Forces troops especially went looking to prokoke insurgents into fights and then requested air support. Sometimes troops pulled back from the firefight and called in airstrikes on the Taliban firing positions, even though they were no longer in danger. Villagers often complained that planes struck after the Taliban had left the area, or they destroyed a whole house in pursuit of a single gunman. On the occasions when we were able to reach bomb sites, we frequently found that they had hit the wrong targets."

How about it guys?

Unfortunately the whole world is playing America like a drum.

Thoughts and prays to the family.

Well maybe not the whole world, but the list is growing fast!

Indeed our thoughts and prayers to the families.

This is a meaningless post. Don't you understand that the purpose of the thread is to criticize the President? The fear and outrage are merely feigned for effect.

I certainly hope you are capable of understanding the president deserves criticism.

I certainly hope you are capable of understanding the president deserves criticism.

Indeed he does. At times, we all do. However, to use the beheadings of two journalists in any sort of reasoning is insane and disgusting.

Are you capable of understanding that?

Archived