SDS backkhanded compliment

Dual-Threat Rigby

Maybe so. A lot of so called star college players never pan out in the NFL. The NFL owners play them a lot of money to find that out. RGIII is the latest example. Johnny Football maybe another. Then other college players playing at division II schools excel in the NFL. I wish I had that much money to risk.

I love how NM has sped up the rehabilitation process of Auburn's program, but he isn't wrong in saying NM won't have a future as an NFL QB. And it is, in fact, rare for college QBs to switch positions in the NFL. Not impossible, but rare. He was a good DB prospect so he certainly has that working in his favor.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/iron-bowl-marshalls-grand-finale-2014/

Basically they stated Marshall isn't likely to do anything else RELEVANT in football as an athlete after the Iron Bowl

Funny, if I'm not mistaken, it will also be sims last ironbowl. And he WONT be a qb in the league either. At least Marshall will get drafted or sign as a free agent, sims won't do either! Funny how he doesn't mention that. Obviously a bammer showing his turd side.

i dont know what NM has in his future. I doubt he is an nfl qb but wouldnt count it as zero chance. He is a dynamic athlete and he learned to play qb for gus in a very short period of time so i think he can learn to play defense again too.

i dont know what NM has in his future. I doubt he is an nfl qb but wouldnt count it as zero chance. He is a dynamic athlete and he learned to play qb for gus in a very short period of time so i think he can learn to play defense again too.

Georgia had quite a bit of elite DBs and for Marshall to get the acclaim he got there is pretty nice.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/iron-bowl-marshalls-grand-finale-2014/

Basically they stated Marshall isn't likely to do anything else RELEVANT in football as an athlete after the Iron Bowl

Funny, if I'm not mistaken, it will also be sims last ironbowl. And he WONT be a qb in the league either. At least Marshall will get drafted or sign as a free agent, sims won't do either! Funny how he doesn't mention that. Obviously a bammer showing his turd side.

He's just playing the odds. Like tiger posted, nm doesn't have the standard nfl skill set and qbs usually dont transition to new positions are stay around at the next level.

He probably didnt mention sims because there are no expectations surrounding him. Sims wasnt supposed to be the starter preseason at bama, nm was supposed to be the sec's best shot at the heisman. He did the article on nick because he has an outside shot at playing in the nfl and his name brings eyes to his article.

He's just playing the odds. Like tiger posted, nm doesn't have the standard nfl skill set and qbs usually dont transition to new positions are stay around at the next level.

He probably didnt mention sims because there are no expectations surrounding him. Sims wasnt supposed to be the starter preseason at bama, nm was supposed to be the sec's best shot at the heisman. He did the article on nick because he has an outside shot at playing in the nfl and his name brings eyes to his article.

Playing the odds? ....well probably about 150 different QBs have started games in Div 1 this season....and likely fewer than 10 of them will end up playing QB in the NFL...some who are expected to make it and one or two surprises.

Otherwise, most Div. 1 QBs end of earning their living post-college doing something other than playing football. That's the odds...lot worse than 5-:50 for any player to make it.

Playing the odds? ....well probably about 150 different QBs have started games in Div 1 this season....and likely fewer than 10 of them will end up playing QB in the NFL...some who are expected to make it and one or two surprises.

Otherwise, most Div. 1 QBs end of earning their living post-college doing something other than playing football. That's the odds...lot worse than 5-:50 for any player to make it.

Exactly, they are playing the odds. Few qbs play football at the next level, and he is saying nick won't do much after college football. I agree he won't play qb at the next level. Nick just is not a good enough passer. He will be a late pick as a db/wr though.

Not knocking anyone's opinion but why do you think NM won't get a shot at QB in the NFL. He is bigger than Russell Wilson and the same size as Manzel. I Think

his skill set is as good overall as either of them. I think he gets a shot. JMO WDE

Measurables wise he compares well to the guys you mentioned. But, his ability as a QB just isn't NFL caliber. He isn't a consistent enough thrower and has questionable decision making while looking downfield. And I swear I'm not hating, as I said before he has exceeded all expectations and had a great 2 year career at AU. He is a HUGE reason why AU is back on the map after the disaster of 2012.

Not knocking anyone's opinion but why do you think NM won't get a shot at QB in the NFL. He is bigger than Russell Wilson and the same size as Manzel. I Think

his skill set is as good overall as either of them. I think he gets a shot. JMO WDE

Gus thinks he deserves a shot. Who knows what his future is? Im pulling for him.

I'm sorry, but Wilson is lightyears ahead of Marshall as a passer. Did you really just make that statement?

Gus thinks he deserves a shot. Who knows what his future is? Im pulling for him.

Me too.

Me too.

Me 3

I'm pulling for Nick too, as all of us are. But I've heard from some that he is only the 3rd best passer on our team. However the first two definitely have NFL passing ability. If Bama stops the run I would think No. 1 or No. 2 give us a better chance to win.

I've got a feeling Nick is gonna light it up. If only he can get some help from the defense before halftime.........

We need a well played game Saturday and as for Nick,....he is a very good college QB...but that's not the same as the NFL...and sure he will probably get a shot....JMO though....he is not likely drafted as a QB but will get a chance at some place like Philly that runs the right offense.

Just hoping the O does not give the ball to bama on our own 20 or 30 a few times early in the game. This year the O has created the disasters and the D gets blamed for not cleaning up the mess. JMO.

The writer is wring about all iron bowls being remembered. Plenty are forgotten. If they're not great games they're soon forgotten.

But Nick Marshall has already cemented a place for himself in the hearts of Auburn people for all time, no matter what happens tomorrow. If he isn't able to make a career for himself in the pros I hope he considers coaching. If his ability to teach is as good as has been his ability to learn then he could be a fine coach indeed some day.

NM last year was what the doctor ordered for AU's football team. But NM is not vocal enough to be a coach. Not sure he is physical enough to play CB in the NFL. Hoping that he plays lights out tomorrow and places himself in AU history books as beating bama twice.

I know Brandon Cox never lost to Bama, did Jason Campbell also never to lose them? I jope Nick can add another QB to the list who has never lost to them.

I'm pulling for Nick too, as all of us are. But I've heard from some that he is only the 3rd best passer on our team. However the first two definitely have NFL passing ability. If Bama stops the run I would think No. 1 or No. 2 give us a better chance to win.

If being a good passer was all that was required to run Gus' offense you might see one of them tomorrow but I doubt that's gonna happen this year JMO

I keep hearing about NM's lack of throwing ability. I will agree that NM is not the best pocket passer, but that is not what he has done over the years. What I will say is that in my 50 + years of watching football at all levels, I cannot think of a better passer on the move, especially while under duress. His arm is as strong as I have ever seen. I believe with some coaching on how to stay calm in the pocket, coupled with his ability to escape as well as his accuracy on the move will make some NFL coach's film room. JMO. WDE Beat bama.

Archived