SDS backkhanded compliment

Dual-Threat Rigby

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/iron-bowl-marshalls-grand-finale-2014/

Basically they stated Marshall isn't likely to do anything else RELEVANT in football as an athlete after the Iron Bowl

Funny, if I'm not mistaken, it will also be sims last ironbowl. And he WONT be a qb in the league either. At least Marshall will get drafted or sign as a free agent, sims won't do either! Funny how he doesn't mention that. Obviously a bammer showing his turd side.

He's just playing the odds. Like tiger posted, nm doesn't have the standard nfl skill set and qbs usually dont transition to new positions are stay around at the next level.

He probably didnt mention sims because there are no expectations surrounding him. Sims wasnt supposed to be the starter preseason at bama, nm was supposed to be the sec's best shot at the heisman. He did the article on nick because he has an outside shot at playing in the nfl and his name brings eyes to his article.

Playing the odds? ....well probably about 150 different QBs have started games in Div 1 this season....and likely fewer than 10 of them will end up playing QB in the NFL...some who are expected to make it and one or two surprises.

Otherwise, most Div. 1 QBs end of earning their living post-college doing something other than playing football. That's the odds...lot worse than 5-:50 for any player to make it.

Exactly, they are playing the odds. Few qbs play football at the next level, and he is saying nick won't do much after college football. I agree he won't play qb at the next level. Nick just is not a good enough passer. He will be a late pick as a db/wr though.

Why would an NFL team take Nick in a late pick at WR or DB when he hasn't played the position in well over 3 years? Sounds like a wasted draft pick to me, but I don't know what the NFL managers will be thinking. Just sounds strange to use a draft pick on a guy that hasn't played WR or DB in any meaningful game.

Nick is a better QB than Manziel.

I love NM but no way. Johnny Football was not popular with a lot of people but almost won two Heismans in his only two years at A&M. One of the most electrifying QBs to ever play College Football.

I love NM but no way. Johnny Football was not popular with a lot of people but almost won two Heismans in his only two years at A&M. One of the most electrifying QBs to ever play College Football.

^^^^This

^^^^This

double this

^^^^This

double this

And again... Cam and Johnny Football were two of just a few guys who were worth the price of a ticket just to see them play....like Bo or Herschel and a handful of others. Always gave fans something special.

I keep hearing about NM's lack of throwing ability. I will agree that NM is not the best pocket passer, but that is not what he has done over the years. What I will say is that in my 50 + years of watching football at all levels, I cannot think of a better passer on the move, especially while under duress. His arm is as strong as I have ever seen. I believe with some coaching on how to stay calm in the pocket, coupled with his ability to escape as well as his accuracy on the move will make some NFL coach's film room. JMO. WDE Beat bama.

the problem is he dont go on the move enough. he stands in the pocket until there is no pocket or forces a throw that isnt there. he would be so much better if he would either get upfield or roll out and let the field break down to extend passing opportunities.

http://www.saturdayd...nd-finale-2014/

Basically they stated Marshall isn't likely to do anything else RELEVANT in football as an athlete after the Iron Bowl

Funny, if I'm not mistaken, it will also be sims last ironbowl. And he WONT be a qb in the league either. At least Marshall will get drafted or sign as a free agent, sims won't do either! Funny how he doesn't mention that. Obviously a bammer showing his turd side.

He's just playing the odds. Like tiger posted, nm doesn't have the standard nfl skill set and qbs usually dont transition to new positions are stay around at the next level.

He probably didnt mention sims because there are no expectations surrounding him. Sims wasnt supposed to be the starter preseason at bama, nm was supposed to be the sec's best shot at the heisman. He did the article on nick because he has an outside shot at playing in the nfl and his name brings eyes to his article.

Playing the odds? ....well probably about 150 different QBs have started games in Div 1 this season....and likely fewer than 10 of them will end up playing QB in the NFL...some who are expected to make it and one or two surprises.

Otherwise, most Div. 1 QBs end of earning their living post-college doing something other than playing football. That's the odds...lot worse than 5-:50 for any player to make it.

Exactly, they are playing the odds. Few qbs play football at the next level, and he is saying nick won't do much after college football. I agree he won't play qb at the next level. Nick just is not a good enough passer. He will be a late pick as a db/wr though.

Why would an NFL team take Nick in a late pick at WR or DB when he hasn't played the position in well over 3 years? Sounds like a wasted draft pick to me, but I don't know what the NFL managers will be thinking. Just sounds strange to use a draft pick on a guy that hasn't played WR or DB in any meaningful game.

search Scott Frost

Is frost still in the nfl? See how that worked out.

To be fair, Scott Frost is nearly 40 years old, so it'd be unlikely for him to still be in the NFL. He did bounce around as a DB for about 5-6 years, I think.

To be fair, Scott Frost is nearly 40 years old, so it'd be unlikely for him to still be in the NFL. He did bounce around as a DB for about 5-6 years, I think.

Most players drafted after the first 5 rounds don't make it anyway....so not sure what is a wasted draft pick these days. Being signed as a free agent is just about as good as being drafted in a later round.....at least the team that signs the player has some idea about how to use him. Nick will get a chance somewhere just based on his athleticism. JMO

Most players drafted after the first 5 rounds don't make it anyway....so not sure what is a wasted draft pick these days. Being signed as a free agent is just about as good as being drafted in a later round.....at least the team that signs the player has some idea about how to use him. Nick will get a chance somewhere just based on his athleticism. JMO

my point was he was a college qb drafted in the 3rd round as a safety(didnt play anything but qb in college) by bill parcells. he played a few years with no huge accomplishments now the OC for Oregon. It happens. not often though.

Nick had the potential, just never got it together and never really figured out who/what he was. Manziel knew he a super scrambler who could make anything happen throwing. Marshall never really seemed to have a definitive role in his time here.

I think Nick has a chance to be a good all around Football player in the next level. If they use him on special teams, defense and might can play receiver that can throw the ball as a bonus. He's got the speed and talent.

Archived