CK update

BadrabbitAU

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Who is John Wallpher?

2) Are Bammer coaches allowed to contact him at this time?

!- Wallpher apparently works for Scout and just reported what he sees as going on. He is not a participant in this.

!- Coaches can have contact by phone or in writing which may include texting. Can`t have contact personally with athlete or family during a dead period.

Coach can not talk about CK until he signs his LOI.  Hopefully Dinky and the rest of his mob will not be allowed to push another athlete into a decision he did not want to make.

WDE!

Cecil Hurt claims numerous reports that he will not sign a LOI today.

I take this as he is not coming here. And anyone who thinks he will "stick to his word" needs only to look at Brent Calloway. You have issues if you truly believe that. Doesn't mean he won't come to Auburn, but if that's your reasoning, you are crazy. If that was the case, he would've signed already.

It's still a great class without Big C! Just a disappointing finish that's all. But let's get ready for the true O&B guys that had the muscle to sign.

You sir...are a....negative nancy.

^^^^This and that's an understatement

Kristen kennedy from scouts...

She said she does not expect Cyrus to sign his letter of intent today. He told her after the announcement he has "big doubts" about his decision and feels like he made the wrong choice.

She said Cyrus told her Auburn was the first school that came to mind when he was announcing his decision. He had not talked to his parents are to his brother, Arie, prior to the announcement. "

If this isn't a joke, these kids are a mess.  How do you not discuss this decision with your child before he announces it to the world? 

She said she does not expect Cyrus to sign his letter of intent today. He told her after the announcement he has "big doubts" about his decision and feels like he made the wrong choice.

She said Cyrus told her Auburn was the first school that came to mind when he was announcing his decision. He had not talked to his parents are to his brother, Arie, prior to the announcement. "

Are u kidding me? Months of thinking and being recruited and it's not discussed with family until blurted out on national t.v. on signing day? Not sure about some of these kids. sorry.........

:wareagle:

Whatever happened to these kids going where THEY want to go ? This is getting to the point now, that it seems forget what the players want, jsut look over them and go to others and ask them. This has been the craziest recruiting I have ever seen. Does anyone else find it strange that this is 2 kids  that are choosing AUBURN, and after they do, all of a sudden, because they didnt choose Bama, there's a conflict. SOmething stinks really bad  here. Its not another school, other than Bama. just sayn.....I wouldnt be surprised if Little Nicky had a major meltdown , throwing things and kicking dogs, and threatened to fire the whole staff is they didnt do something and get these 2 guys back to sign with Bama.

*************READ THIS!!!*************

Gene Chizik will be having a press conference at 2PM. Many questions WILL be answered at that time!

He can't talk about Cyrus because he is still a recruit. Coaches are not allowed to talk about someone who hasn't signed their LOI. So, nothing significant will be answered at 2pm.

Either way this class turned out amazing, we just won the NC, and I love absolutely everything about Auburn so I count myself very lucky to even be an Auburn fan.  Years from now, we probably won't focus one bit on these kids that decided to go elsewhere at the last minute (Calloway, maybe CK), but we will remember the ones that believed in Auburn and loved it.  We will remember the ones that came in here with heart, with love, and with commitment.  If some of these kids, their parents, or even other team's fans do not understand the family and the atmosphere that is Auburn then that is ok.  20 years from now we may or may not remember CK, but we will remember the Kodi Burns' of this world.  Those are the guys that the Auburn family is and will always be built on and I for one...

Believe in Auburn and LOVE it.  

Best of luck to CK in whatever choices he makes.

*************READ THIS!!!*************

Gene Chizik will be having a press conference at 2PM. Many questions WILL be answered at that time!

If he hasn't received the LOI then he can't comment on Cyrus

Cyrus Kouandjio having second thoughts, Bama back in the picture?

Link to the Washington Post Article....good luck with whatever you choose to do.   :)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/recruitinginsider/2011/02/cyrus_kouandjio_having_second.html

If he does switch, I couldn't help my emotions. (edited)

When was the last time that in 24 hours, 3 players were committed to one school, and then de-commit? Just wondering.

If this isn't a joke, these kids are a mess.  How do you not discuss this decision with your child before he announces it to the world? 

I'm calling bull on that report. Cyrus is a smart kid, and I'm sure he weighed all his options with his family. These bogus reporters are trying to make names for themselves.

DeMatha All-Met offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio was on ESPNU just after noon Wednesday to say he was going to Auburn. But Kouandjio has yet to sign a binding National Letter-of-Intent to make the commitment official and clearly is having second thoughts about the decision, according to a source familiar with the situation.

"I don't know what to say," DeMatha Coach Bill McGregor said. "I don't know if it's a lot of drama about nothing or if he wants to change his mind."

Even this morning, Kouandjio had yet to decide between Auburn and Alabama, where his older brother, Arie, redshirted this past season. McGregor said he advised Kouandjio of the need to reach a decision that he was happy with. "Whatever you want to do, follow your gut and you'll be okay," McGregor said.

Part of Kouandjio's hesitation with Alabama might be a reluctance to compete with his brother to be the Crimson Tide's left tackle. That was a key point of Alabama's recruitment of both players, the opportunity to play the cornerstone position of the offensive line. That worry, though, might be unnecessary, McGregor said.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Arie becomes a center or guard because of his size," McGregor said. "The one who is most likely to be left tackle is Cyrus because of his size. And there is no guarantee he is going to be the left tackle. They all have to compete for Alabama or Auburn."

McGregor plans to revisit the situation with Cyrus Kouandjio later this afternoon, after the lineman retreated to the International House of Pancakes with his teammates who did sign the NLIs.

"I'm as surprised as anyone else right now there are second thoughts," McGregor said. "Once a kid says it [in front of the camera on signing day], that's usually it. It's signing day, I've never had this happen before. You say you're going there, that's where you're going and everybody is happy."

I just am not buying into any of this "player A wants to go to school B, but the parents / somebody is preventing it and is making them go with School C."

A player makes their own mind up. They are playing a sport for 4 years. Their parents aren't doing this crap. And even if they did, then the student-athlete has no backbone and will get crushed in college football because they can't even stand up for themselves, not to mention carry a team.

Brent Calloway chose Alabama. He made an irrational decision "committing" to Auburn.

Cyrus will go wherever he wants to play. I really don't think any player would let somebody else make the decision for them when they really care. And don't bring up Cam Newton. Cam let his father decide. He may have liked MSU, but it's not like he ever said "Yea, I'm committing to MSU" and then later "yea, I wanted to go there, but my Dad made me go to Auburn." It was a "I like MSU, but I'm going to let me Dad decide."

If this is Cyrus' decision, then he knows where he wants to go and he will go there. If it is his parents decision, why would they have not told him where he was going before he announced.

Wow. Talk about naive. You have no idea what you are talking about. BC was absolutely forced to switch by his guardian. Almost every insider I've either seen post or comment on this matter agrees on that.

Cyrus picked Auburn. TOS reporters are saying that "people around him" around trying to make him change his mind.

^^^^ This.... remember, these are 17-18 year old kids who are heavily influenced by their parents.  

His parents should have a say but ultimately it should be Cyrus's final decision and the parents should support him. 

Please, as a matter of courtesy to the rest of the Auburn people on this board, NEVER EVER refer to anything that arse clown Homer Cecil ButtHurt says, does, writes, tweets, burps or flatulates about as having any foundation other than to advance the aims of the University of Alabama. Period. He's a hack. A sorry, pitiful, bitter, unprofessional hack. The difference between him and Larry White is that Larry White actually IS paid by UA to be its sports information director.

Cecil Hurt claims numerous reports that he will not sign a LOI today.

I take this as he is not coming here. And anyone who thinks he will "stick to his word" needs only to look at Brent Calloway. You have issues if you truly believe that. Doesn't mean he won't come to Auburn, but if that's your reasoning, you are crazy. If that was the case, he would've signed already.

It's still a great class without Big C! Just a disappointing finish that's all. But let's get ready for the true O&B guys that had the muscle to sign.

You sir...are a....negative nancy.

^^^^This and that's an understatement

Usually when I want reliable info on AU football, I read Cecil Hurt and the Tuscaloosa News.....  :laugh:  :laugh:

To make matters worse a stupid Bammer just came in my office and said he heard that momma was upset that Coach Taylor called Cyrus after Coach Grimes told him not to........and there's disagreements among the AU staff.  I work with almost all Bammers and they're really getting my blood boiling.  I had to shut the office door to keep the morons out.  But it will all work out and continue to be a great day.  I Really hate Bama fans....

So a player who lives in Maryland, apparently never told his parents where he was going to school and both them and all of these Alabama media people (who I guess traveled to MD for this one signing) were able to convince him between the time he announced and the time he would walk to a fax machine that Auburn is a horrible place and that Alabama is where he needs to go to have any success?

Sorry... just not buying it.

I think he made an announcement so he could be on National TV and just simply wasn't ready. Afterwards, he had whatever doubts for whatever reason and the cold feet lead to his decision not to send in a LOI. Now am I saying he is not receiving any pressure  whatsoever, no. But someone other than him knew his decision. And I don't think they'd let him go on tv and make a fool of himself.

I want to play poker with all you guys. When the time comes you throw in your cards early. This is the biggest day for a high school football player especially the one of his magnitude. I am sure he is going to take his time.

this is all BS!! This is our fault as adults, along with the media for allowing these kids to do this kind of thing... If we didn't follow recruiting like we do, then there wouldnt be a market for bspn types to spotlight these kids like they do, thus allowing these type situations. Edited, @ this pt, I think Im done for the year. I may or may not follow again next year, as I have for awhile,... bc this is now getting out of hand and old

Please refrain from using "non-family friendly" language here. Thanks!

Archived