CK update

BadrabbitAU

Kristen kennedy from scouts...

She said she does not expect Cyrus to sign his letter of intent today. He told her after the announcement he has "big doubts" about his decision and feels like he made the wrong choice.

She said Cyrus told her Auburn was the first school that came to mind when he was announcing his decision. He had not talked to his parents are to his brother, Arie, prior to the announcement. "

If this isn't a joke, these kids are a mess.  How do you not discuss this decision with your child before he announces it to the world? 

I'm calling bull on that report. Cyrus is a smart kid, and I'm sure he weighed all his options with his family. These bogus reporters are trying to make names for themselves.

Agree! She is pretty new to all of this and I believe its a way to get more followers.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda reminds me of the Shon Coleman ordeal of last yr. Except for the fact that we won that one. This was a great class, no doubt, but I hate to lose commits.  :banghead:

Please, as a matter of courtesy to the rest of the Auburn people on this board, NEVER EVER refer to anything that arse clown Homer Cecil ButtHurt says, does, writes, tweets, burps or flatulates about as having any foundation other than to advance the aims of the University of Alabama. Period. He's a hack. A sorry, pitiful, bitter, unprofessional hack. The difference between him and Larry White is that Larry White actually IS paid by UA to be its sports information director.

This^^^

Cecil butthurt is the one that has been claiming the SEC Commisioner was covering stuff up for AU.  :rolleyes:

"I'm as surprised as anyone else right now there are second thoughts," McGregor said. "Once a kid says it [in front of the camera on signing day], that's usually it. It's signing day, I've never had this happen before. You say you're going there, that's where you're going and everybody is happy."

And that's the way it should be..

I for one have a hard time believing that he just "blurted" out AU's name at the press conference. He talked about the fact that there were going to be some openings on the OL and he mentioned by names the other guys that he'll be teaming with on the OL (Westerman, O'Reiley, Dismukes). He said that he talked it over with his family and coach the night before. I do not believe this was a spur of the moment decision to announce that he was signing with AU. His brother tweeted wishing him well AT AUBURN. There's something going on here, and I agree with others that this stinks and the stench is coming from Turdville.

I don't think his brother or his family is trying to push him anywhere.

I think he needs more time to decide. I hope he gets that

Kristen kennedy from scouts...

She said she does not expect Cyrus to sign his letter of intent today. He told her after the announcement he has "big doubts" about his decision and feels like he made the wrong choice.

She said Cyrus told her Auburn was the first school that came to mind when he was announcing his decision. He had not talked to his parents are to his brother, Arie, prior to the announcement. "

If, I repeat if, her statements are correct, then this is just a big show put on by a bammer nation that is desparate and led by a head coach who cannot handle anything not in accordance with his almighty will.  IMO, this was an attempt to monkey around with AU's recruiting as much as it was to solidify bammers; neither BC nor CK were really high up on the radar as probabilities a month ago.  Now suddenly they are changing, then changing back in the middle of AU's staff trying to fill in final positions of need.  Maybe its just those around them, maybe its them, only they really know.  All this does in my mind is solidify the plain, simple truth that there is a difference between AU, the mentality of AU family, and our priorities, and  those of the turd nation, its leader, and those who eventually don the uniform of the turds.

So a player who lives in Maryland, apparently never told his parents where he was going to school and both them and all of these Alabama media people (who I guess traveled to MD for this one signing) were able to convince him between the time he announced and the time he would walk to a fax machine that Auburn is a horrible place and that Alabama is where he needs to go to have any success?

Sorry... just not buying it.

I think he made an announcement so he could be on National TV and just simply wasn't ready. Afterwards, he had whatever doubts for whatever reason and the cold feet lead to his decision not to send in a LOI. Now am I saying he is not receiving any pressure  whatsoever, no. But someone other than him knew his decision. And I don't think they'd let him go on tv and make a fool of himself.

Sorry, Cammy Cam Juice.  I'm not buying you're an Auburn fan. I've read your older posts.

So a player who lives in Maryland, apparently never told his parents where he was going to school and both them and all of these Alabama media people (who I guess traveled to MD for this one signing) were able to convince him between the time he announced and the time he would walk to a fax machine that Auburn is a horrible place and that Alabama is where he needs to go to have any success?

Sorry... just not buying it.

I think he made an announcement so he could be on National TV and just simply wasn't ready. Afterwards, he had whatever doubts for whatever reason and the cold feet lead to his decision not to send in a LOI. Now am I saying he is not receiving any pressure  whatsoever, no. But someone other than him knew his decision. And I don't think they'd let him go on tv and make a fool of himself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6082657

His quotes to ESPN don't sound like he has any doubts.  He said his heart was in AU.

this is all BS!! This is our fault as adults, along with the media for allowing these kids to do this kind of thing... If we didn't follow recruiting like we do, then there wouldnt be a market for bspn types to spotlight these kids like they do, thus allowing these type situations. (EDITED) @ this pt, I think Im done for the year. I may or may not follow again next year, as I have for awhile,... bc this is now getting out of hand and old

:timeout: easy there killa

How is it that AU is getting all the ***********  today? geez!

how many times are you gonna post negative comments about recruits? Read the rules....

Calm down.  I am sure there is a reasonable reason that it is taking so long.  I firmly believe that he will honor what he said and we will shortly have his LOI.

War Eagle!

:wedance:

Very, very calmly I can tell you that I don't think the coaching staff, current players and new signees, and the entire Auburn Family need to jump thru hoops to sign one player.  I felt the same way when Crowell pulled his disrespectful antics a few weeks back.  I'd love to have this guy and believe he can be an immediate impact to our team, but I'd also like to have a good, solid 3+-4* who would give anything to play for Auburn.  JMO :wareagle:

Like before I'm calling BS on this whole thing Satan and his disciples have their names all over this. Come on guys this excuse about blurting it out is WEAK

Also, Cecil and other retweeting each others observations that Auburn doesn't have a letter is not "multiple reports" about anything. It's a fact to say Auburn doesn't have a letter. (At least as far as I know at 2:04.) But unless a reporter has talked to Cyrus or his Mama or his Daddy, then he/she should rest that itchy twitter finger. Another example of how journalism standards have swirled down the toilet as reporters irresponsibly use the real-time publishing capabilities of the internet and social media. Echo chambers become consensus reporting based on no reality whatsoever.

I must agree after reading all of Cyrus' comments to reporters after he picked Auburn either he is being pushed by outside forces to reconsider his decision or he is really good at coming up with reason he picked Auburn on the spot...

Like before I'm calling BS on this whole thing Satan and his disciples have their names all over this. Come on guys this excuse about blurting it out is WEAK

This years turd recruiting should be looked in to.

Archived