The Only Disappointing Thing To Me...

AUDadTwice

Man, I really enjoyed watching that game. Talk about old fashioned, hard-nosed defense, field position football. I felt like I was watching Shug Jordan and Cholly Mac slug it out. I started looking for Tucker Frederickson and Tommy Casanova on the field. :D

The only thing that disappointed me is that I never saw any closeups of the AU band in the stands during the game. I always record TV games just in case BandDaughter gets on national TV. But, alas, they never showed any closeups that I saw. Of course, I saw 3 such closeups of the LSU band.

I'm glad they showed those shots of the LSU band. I know the parents of those students were just as excited to see their children on TV. It's just disappointing, from a band parent's perspective, that the same opportunity was never given to our band.

Oh, well, maybe next time. There will obviously be quite a few more TV games, so hope springs eternal!

Time to take care of business against The Citadel and not get anybody hurt, a la Brodie Croyle.

Well, from where I was sitting I only heard LSU's band once on the first play of the game and never heard them again. I think it really depends on where you are sitting. However, it does stink that there weren't more close-ups of the band. They always have close-ups on the band, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

I don't know. I was against the fense of the student section at the 45 halfway in between the two band, and during all the TV timeouts the LSU band was playing while our band was just sitting there. I was rather disappointed in our band. The crowd was loud the whole game, but I think I would have been 3 times more pumped if the band play anywhere as much as LSU's did.

I don't know. I was against the fense of the student section at the 45 halfway in between the two band, and during all the TV timeouts the LSU band was playing while our band was just sitting there. I was rather disappointed in our band. The crowd was loud the whole game, but I think I would have been 3 times more pumped if the band play anywhere as much as LSU's did.

Just like the football team, there's no substitite for upperclassmen. Freshman lips will never carry a good band.

Archived