Doug Amos gives interesting tidbit of info

AuburnTigers1

He just said on AM 740 in Montgomery that he called a friend in T-Town and he has been in University Mall when during business hours they closed the gate to Ttown Menswear while only bama players were inside the store. He said people were just standing outside the door looking in. He is a bama fan so he obviously has no agenda here. He challenged his callers to give him ONE logical reason as to why that happened. He followed by basically saying alabama is in deep elephant crap.

He just said on AM 740 in Montgomery that he called a friend in T-Town and he has been in University Mall when during business hours they closed the gate to Ttown Menswear while only bama players were inside the store. He said people were just standing outside the door looking in. He is a bama fan so he obviously has no agenda here. He challenged his callers to give him ONE logical reason as to why that happened. He followed by basically saying alabama is in deep elephant crap.

Good for Doug saying that; he is an Alabama fan but he also calls it as he sees it. One of more upfront and honest on air sports people that I am aware of.

Has this info been forwarded to Clay Travis?

Has this info been forwarded to Clay Travis?

If not it has now.

Sounds great, but without evidence it's difficult to know what transpired. I'm worried us Auburn fans that want Bama to get caught are going to get our hopes up and nothing comes of it.

I won't be disappointed at all. It don't bother me if Updyke U is full strength when Auburn taps that ### out for the 9 time in the last 12 meetings. If the Updykes are at full strength its just one less excuse for them to make. However, given all the mud they've slung over the past 9 months, I'm enjoying myself rather nicely. If they get slammed for this, even better. Of course thats just my feelings towards all of this.

Then we can just say they got off because Saban's buddy at the NCAA. I won't be disappointed. I am just rubbing it in while it is going on.

Sounds great, but without evidence it's difficult to know what transpired. I'm worried us Auburn fans that want Bama to get caught are going to get our hopes up and nothing comes of it.

Evidence??  Who needs evidence to publicly convict a school of violations?? 

It appears to me that tOSU was fast tracked if anything, LSU just got popped for 2009. The way they now operate under increasing public scrutiny, it will very telling my opinion to see what they do.

Well if players come in and give you free jerseys, helmets, pants, gloves, and anything else they can sign then you might close down your store as well(<----Sarcasm). Even if it is ugly stuff they're bringing you to sell.

Good for Doug saying that; he is an Alabama fan but he also calls it as he sees it. One of more upfront and honest on air sports people that I am aware of.

I know Doug and he is a Bama grad but he doesn't wear those crimson colored glasses. He has always been pretty objective. Now....Longshore, that's a different color of another horse!!!

These guys have better info than the WJOX crowd easily. They have been doing it longer on radio or print, and will tell the truth. Unlike Finebaum, they will drop the Hammer and blood is in the water now. Tom Al-Betar is not advertising on 740 like he does on 690 with Jay Barker. The game is on.

suit is too dang hot.  A t-shirt with "War Eagle" on the front and...........

"I couldn't afford a suit so AuburnEagle supplied me with this shirt" on the back.

maybe while holding a "will sign autographs for (japanese) food" sign around the neck.

"I couldn't afford a suit so AuburnEagle supplied me with this shirt" on the back.

maybe while holding a "will sign autographs for (japanese) food" sign around the neck.

Now that is worth staying up, into tomorrow for!  GREAT post!!

Funny, and definitely clever, but don't forget how mad everyone was when they were wearing "Scam Newton" t-shirts and waving wads of money... Let's not stoop to their level.  Auburn is better than that.

Funny, and definitely clever, but don't forget how mad everyone was when they were wearing "Scam Newton" t-shirts and waving wads of money... Let's not stoop to their level.  Auburn is better than that.

I agree. We should not mock them in any way, it would be a waste of our time and unoriginal to say the least. They looked like IDIOTS last year throwing money on the field.

War Eagle and cant wait for kickoff, well actually...I cant wait for punt returns, cause we will have tr back there. ha.

Archived