Arkansas game

rocketman37

Does anyone else think the NA was desecrated at the game?

What happened to our band playing the NA in the way it was neant-deliberate and patriotic. not screetchy and "listent to me" obnoxious.

This is Auburn, not the NFL nor MLB.

Guess I'll always be old fashioned.

Rocketman.

Does anyone else think the NA was desecrated at the game?

What happened to our band playing the NA in the way it was neant-deliberate and patriotic. not screetchy and "listent to me" obnoxious.

This is Auburn, not the NFL nor MLB.

Guess I'll always be old fashioned.

Rocketman.

111951[/snapback]

Oh cmon ease up...I thought the guys voice was very good, and he sang it beautifully....I think the crowd really got into the National Anthem more with a human singing it.

As a veteran of Enduring freedom and a Military member I thought the Anthem was EXCEPTIONAL. I actually teared up. I thought the young man did a wonderful job. God Bless America.

Brad did a great job.......my only complaint was they should have tinkered with the sound system and work on the echo....

I thought his version was nice as well.

HOWEVER, all of the hooting and hollering people (most from the student section) did during the song is what is embarrassing and REALLY disrespectful, IMO.

Excuse me..but I was sitting smack dab in the middle of the student section, and all I heard was the beautiful rendition of the National Anthem. There was very little hooting and hollering until it got down to the last line, and that's pretty much a tradition to hoot and holler then. I think he did a great job, and it really did get people into the atmosphere a little better.

I thought the guy did a good job. I also think that this should NEVER happen again. Let the AU BAND do their job. A job they have done with exellence for many-many years ! ! !

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

As a High School Choral Music Director, I must say that Brad has a nice voice for what he does. I personally do not like the National Anthem sung by a"popular singer" because most of the time they just ruin it. It is a difficult song to sing, and he did stay in tune. I prefer the band playing with the fans singing along. He did a fine job, but I hope we continue to hear the band play it!

Brad Cotter used to played at my Frat house @ Jax State all the time. He's a pretty good guy, likes beer. When I heard him at the game I took a double take. I thought he did pretty good. He's been singing for a long time, it's good to see someone local do good.

War Eagle

how has brad cotter done since winning NashvilleLive? haven't heard much from him since, but i do admit to having bought his single (downloaded it) right after he won the contest.

ct

Keep it with the AU band, like it should be. Brad did ok, but the band is the real deal! At least we didn't have to listen to someone trying their own version and going all over the place with it. No more singers.

I'm sure he sounded good but and I want him to succeed in his career, however, it didn't come across real good in the upper deck. There was a bad echo. I say stick with the band.

He did a great job. Nice for a change. Why worry about the band playing it every time? We've already cut them out of the team's entrance onto the field.

If you want to change something, cut the speakers down a bit and tell Carl Stevens he doesn't have to fill every second of down time with a 1,000,000 decible announcement.

Archived