2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

Pic of Wilkins and GF

Lettin' our recruits be Cam for a day...I see how this might work out for us!

Probably what coach was thinking in your sig.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pic of Wilkins and GF

Lettin' our recruits be Cam for a day...I see how this might work out for us!

Probably what coach was thinking in your sig.

:laugh::thumbsup::laugh:

Either that or the lady knows what our student population, especially the female portion, is like.

Man I miss Auburn 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why I took one home with me!!!! :thumbsup:

Is that ok with your wife? ;D:happydance::hellyeah:

Why yes, it is!!!

Pic of Wilkins and GF

Yeah, she would fit in well here, also. :D

Here is a good article on Wilkins even though it is in a Detroit paper.

Great article. Thanks for posting. As time goes on I've grown to like this guy a lot more than my first impression. Still love Ty Dye but I don't think we go wrong with either back, or better yet... both!

Here is a good article on Wilkins even though it is in a Detroit paper.

Great article. Thanks for posting. As time goes on I've grown to like this guy a lot more than my first impression. Still love Ty Dye but I don't think we go wrong with either back, or better yet... both!

We don't have room for both. Wilkins seems to be slightly ahead of Dye right now, but truthfully it's whichever one pulls the trigger first.

Sounds to me like Michigan is going to be tough to beat for this kid, but I do like him, I think the fact that he will likely get redshirted, and get plenty of reps with the scout team against what looks to be a good first team defense, along with our Strength and Conditioning Coaches, I look for this kid to really be a power from the backfield should we get him. :we:

Sounds to me like Michigan is going to be tough to beat for this kid, but I do like him, I think the fact that he will likely get redshirted, and get plenty of reps with the scout team against what looks to be a good first team defense, along with our Strength and Conditioning Coaches, I look for this kid to really be a power from the backfield should we get him. :we:

I believe he was told he could play next year if he's ready

I believe he was told he could play next year if he's ready

Ahhh the magic words. EVERY recruit can play if they are ready, but at least our coaches are honest and don't say "You will play next year"

Well, IF we had truly needed it that badly, Westerman and Robinson would have played last year.  ;)

Well, IF we had truly needed it that badly, Westerman and Robinson would have played last year.   ;)

In retrospect they should have and the coaches realize they made a mistake there.

To be totally honest, I feel like Robinson and Westerman would not have really helped much in the games we lost other than maybe Clemson and Arkansas, but GA, LSU, and UAT the outcome would most likely have been the same with or without them.  Just my opinion though.  :-[

Well, IF we had truly needed it that badly, Westerman and Robinson would have played last year.   ;)

In retrospect they should have and the coaches realize they made a mistake there.

I can't agree with that. Last year was a rebuilding year, nothing more, nothing less. Both of those guys needed the year of conditioning, not to mention some time spent learning their place (i.e. no bigger than the team).

I can't agree with that. Last year was a rebuilding year, nothing more, nothing less. Both of those guys needed the year of conditioning, not to mention some time spent learning their place (i.e. no bigger than the team).

I thought that to but Bird changed my mind with a post he made about it a few months ago.

He cancelled his Michigan visit this weekend. (Due to forgetting about his ACT)

He cancelled his Michigan visit this weekend. (Due to forgetting about his ACT)

Right.... AU bound. 

;D

So what better time to get two inexperienced, but extremely talented, OL some PT to prepare them to protect a young QB than when you are in a rebuilding year.  We now risk having two rebuilding years if it takes our OL several weeks to gel.

I know its off the topic of Wilkins but I think Westerman needed a redshirt year to build up his body. Robinson may have been ready but the redshirt year will do them both well and Ill take having both of these guys for the next 4 years.

I know its off the topic of Wilkins but I think Westerman needed a redshirt year to build up his body. Robinson may have been ready but the redshirt year will do them both well and Ill take having both of these guys for the next 4 years.

We will be lucky to have Greg for 3 more years if he plays up to his potential. Fortunately we recruited the tackle position VERY well last year.

So what better time to get two inexperienced, but extremely talented, OL some PT to prepare them to protect a young QB than when you are in a rebuilding year.  We now risk having two rebuilding years if it takes our OL several weeks to gel.

If they weren't ready then you run the risk of demoralizing them to the point that it affects their potential. Westerman did need a redshirt year, and Robinson may or may not have been any better. Plus we did have a couple of seniors who likely did at least as well as the two true freshmen would have.

I do understand your point, and to an extent at least I agree with it, but I think this coaching staff has earned the right to do things their own way.

I agree  they know whether a player is ready or not. They do this for a living and every player is begging to play. every choice they make could be debated but they call them as they see them.

Archived