2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

Guest EagleDamnWar

Mod on rivals believe if we get Wilkins then we wouldn't turn down Bryant or Green (Not sure about Dye).  There may be something going on with Blakely so I don't think its out of the question we take 2 backs.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mod on rivals believe if we get Wilkins then we wouldn't turn down Bryant or Green (Not sure about Dye).  There may be something going on with Blakely so I don't think its out of the question we take 2 backs.

Something is going on with Blakely? I am most excited about him out of all our backs. I hope whatever it is that it gets fixed.

Something is going on with Blakely? I am most excited about him out of all our backs. I hope whatever it is that it gets fixed.

I don't know that anything is going on with Blakely. During a chat on Rivals, the question was asked, "Who will be the primary guy out of Blakely, Mason, and Grant this year?" The mod responded by saying, "Grant and Mason out of those three." That caused everyone to think something bad was going on with Blakely. The mod then responded by saying, "If Grant and Mason see more playing time; it has more to do with Grant and Mason than it does Blakely."

Nothing is going on with Blakely. You must have been part of the group who misread JLee's comment.

There is absolutely nothing going on with Blakely.  He is a kid that when the lights come on in a game plays much better than he practicea.  He will have a great year.

There is absolutely nothing going on with Blakely.  He is a kid that when the lights come on in a game plays much better than he practicea.  He will have a great year.

I would agree.  This tweet of his from 6 hours ago also doesn't sound like there is a problem.

Mike Blakely-Peacock ‏@blakehead22                                6h

War Damn Eagle to all my AU followers!

Anyone else surprised we don't have Wilkins as part of this class yet?  Last I heard, he wanted Moms to come to God's Country before he committed.  Someone buy that woman a Greyhound Bus ticket!

Anyone else surprised we don't have Wilkins as part of this class yet?  Last I heard, he wanted Moms to come to God's Country before he committed.  Someone buy that woman a Greyhound Bus ticket!

I think he might be doing himself a disservice if he really is holding off on his commitment to us. I believe Green and Bryant, though longshots, are higher on our board and would take his spot if they decided to commit. It could also be that the coaches have told him to wait, in order to see what the other backs do.

Guest EagleDamnWar

I believe that Wilkins will end up going to Vandy to play with his brother

Vandy isnt even in the discussion anymore.  Its auburn or michigan and vandy trailing.

Vandy isnt even in the discussion anymore.  Its auburn or michigan and vandy trailing.

^^^ Agreed ^^^

^^^ Agreed ^^^

Incorrect. He said in a recent interview the order is Auburn, Vandy, Tennessee , and Michigan. I am not saying this is what is happening and do not take it as Gospel but it is possible our coaches are telling him to wait to see how things play out with other top RBs on our board.

^^^ Agreed ^^^

Incorrect. He said in a recent interview the order is Auburn, Vandy, Tennessee , and Michigan. I am not saying this is what is happening and do not take it as Gospel but it is possible our coaches are telling him to wait to see how things play out with other top RBs on our board.

Yep!!

^^^ Agreed ^^^

Yep!!

Yip Yip

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ48bzaZT_lOK3nXBGvDvpWGu-SyuQJ50D2m6qMwJDb5durdFEeRA

^^^ Agreed ^^^

Yep!!

Well I certainly hope a back of his caliber is not told to wait. If that were the case, it would be a mistake imho.

^^^ Agreed ^^^

You know as well as I that if it comes down to Vandy and AUB it will be a clear choice to AUB.....

^^^ Agreed ^^^

You did not elaborate but I will make a guess the other top RBs we might be waiting on would be "Greg Bryant and Derrick Green"????  Those IMO are the only backs that are higher ranked than JW.

^^^ Agreed ^^^

You did not elaborate but I will make a guess the other top RBs we might be waiting on would be "Greg Bryant and Derrick Green"????  Those IMO are the only backs that are higher ranked than JW.

Publicly yes but we do not know how our coaches rank them. But yes those are the backs I was referring to along with Dye.

^^^ Agreed ^^^

Publicly yes but we do not know how our coaches rank them. But yes those are the backs I was referring to along with Dye.

I have gotten the feeling from the beginning that Dye was more a backup plan than anything else, which speaks to the level of running backs we are pursuing. I don't know that Wilkins has been asked to wait around for anyone else, but regardless I believe he is going to end up being ours. I've heard that we have been considering taking two backs, but I honestly don't think we will take a second back unless it is Alvin Kamara that we take, and the only reason I think we're really interested in him is Foster and Matthews.

I have gotten the feeling from the beginning that Dye was more a backup plan than anything else, which speaks to the level of running backs we are pursuing. I don't know that Wilkins has been asked to wait around for anyone else, but regardless I believe he is going to end up being ours. I've heard that we have been considering taking two backs, but I honestly don't think we will take a second back unless it is Alvin Kamara that we take, and the only reason I think we're really interested in him is Foster and Matthews.

No offense, but that's not really something I think a mod should be saying.  Whether true or not, if I was AK and read that, I don't think I'd be real happy about it. 

Archived