Thank you again Mr. Phillip Marshall

The SandMntTiger

Don't look for them on al.com ....though I have hopes for Joel Erickson who just moved over there from Columbus Ledger /War Eagle Extra.

I hope he does not fall prey to the al.com practice of writing inflammatory stuff just for the purpose of getting a lot of hits on his site.

Don't look for them on al.com ....though I have hopes for Joel Erickson who just moved over there from Columbus Ledger /War Eagle Extra.

I hope he does not fall prey to the al.com practice of writing inflammatory stuff just for the purpose of getting a lot of hits on his site.

I've got a real strong feeling that if Al.com writers don't say something nasty about Auburn at least once a month they are shown the door. It's a shame, because Erickson was good at the Ledger-Inquirer and the bammer bosses at Al.com will either make him change his ways or fire hiim.

We're talking about a man who makes a living by pleasing Auburn fans. I don't blame the coaches, but this run is hurting us.

JMHO but I got to know, how is it hurting us? In recruiting? Not hardly. In our perception by the state and national media? Since when have we ever got a fair shake there? Actually the only way the effects anything is when you buy into the media hyperboil that tries to give off the perception that if a college kid gets a PI the program itself has major cracks in the foundation. Heck one of the most beloved Auburn teams of alltime, 1972 Amazings, had a brawl with UTC late in the year. Could you imagine the uproar today? Yet, has that ever affected the way that team is looked upon? Probably not but then again I doubt there was people running rampant claiming Shug had lost control of the program. Even if there were I doubt many would be buying what they were selling.

I wonder how many of us could have been arrested for PI, while stumbling from frat party to frat party during homecoming ? :wavey: I know I could have, heck I could have been arrested this weekend. This has gone on forever, we just didn't hear about it as often. Reese is a good person, let's not judge him for one mistake. He will be back, I hope this year, and better than ever. Remember this is Auburn and I am sure we have someone that can step in and be awesome. WAR EAGLE !!!

The thing missing from the article is that Chizik should be praised for being the only coach in the SEC and maybe even the entire NCAA who's willing to sit his star center for something our society sadly considers to be "no big deal". Compare that to Sammy Watkins and tell me that the whole country shouldn't be praising Chizik and setting him as an example instead of cutting him down.

The truth is, whenever there is someone out there who does things the right way, there are going to be a huge number of people waiting to cut him or her down because that person stands as a light on their indescressions and makes them feel worse about the not so great choices they make. They would rather take away the spotlight than try to do good.

I can't believe someone would ask how losing Dismukes (temporarily) and Dyer (including the loss of his personality from his freshman year) hurts this team.

On the field.....Reese? Yes. Mike? No. From a talent standpoint they both hurt (though TB is one of least of Auburn's concerns, IMO). However, from a chemistry standpoint the team is way better off without Dyer.

One things for sure Auburn won't be the only team across the country with a player suspended for the opening game.

I wonder how many of us could have been arrested for PI, while stumbling from frat party to frat party during homecoming ? :wavey: I know I could have, heck I could have been arrested this weekend. This has gone on forever, we just didn't hear about it as often. Reese is a good person, let's not judge him for one mistake. He will be back, I hope this year, and better than ever. Remember this is Auburn and I am sure we have someone that can step in and be awesome. WAR EAGLE !!!

As has been stated 100 times in the miscellaneous threads, not many of us were on athletic scholarships with an entire team, school and fan base depending on and expecting us to do the right thing. There is no doubt Reese is a good kid who just needed to blow off before the season set in. Nothing wrong with that (other than him being underage, but that happens every day also). He made a big mistake and took it to the streets. He will learn. That is the type of kid he is. He will learn and this will make him a better leader for the next three years.

Phillip is like a salve - he eases the tensions and angst - I wish he were around when my two teenagers step outside the lines in my house. Well, I bet my kids wish Phillip was around to lessen the stress. :lmao:

The reality is that the concern right now over the Dismukes situation has nothing to do with Dismukes. It has to do with 4 Auburn players committing armed robbery last year and a number of football players being at a party at which an individual committed mass murder. The concern is with the trend and number and seriousness of incidents. Why is Phillip Marshall just now reporting on some of the good things Auburn men on the Football team are doing. He should have been doing that all along. I'd love to read some stories on charitable work done by our football players.

Dismukes was stupid. We have all been there. NONE of us however, I would imagine have committed armed robbery. Look at it this way. If graduate students in physics had committed armed robbery and a year later some other Physics graduate students had been the targets of murder, I would imagine President Gogue would be calling the physics department wanting to know what was going on, and want to know why we let these people into Auburn. I'm not going to apologize to Phillip Marshall or anyone else for wishing that no Auburn students, faculty or alumni embarrass me or devalue my diploma. And if there is something that can be done to minimize these actions, I would hope it is done.

I know this is not a popular opinion but I like Phillip Marshall less and less after every article he posts

Dare I ask your reasons?

Let's say what the real story is - it doesn't matter who you are, first or last on the depth chart, - Chizik will not tolerate disruptive forces or any violation of team rules. Period.

It's a great message for young men who in just a few years may have the opportunity to do this thing as a professional.

It's great to have this level of responsibility mandated by staff and then enforced.

I'll bet posters here know other institutions that lip service the team rule bit and then selectively enforce issues based on the 'value' of the offending player . . .

Archived