Here's a scenario I haven't seen

WarDlowe

I'm not much of a fan of all these "what ifs" about the end of the season and whether or not we would go to the Orange Bowl, but I couldn't help thinking of this one. What if Fran was to beat OK this weekend, we were to win out the regular season but then lose the SECCG? Would we still go as long as we didnt get blown out? Is us going to the Orange Bowl dependent on us going completely undefeated?

If anything, I think the adjustments made after last year would penalize a team more severely for losing the CCG...I'd be interested to see where OU would have finished last year using this year's BCS rules. I'd be willing to bet that they would have been left out in the cold.

There would also have to be losses by Wisconsin and possibly even Utah along the way, too.

Until all confrences have CG's it will really irk me if a loss in one would kill a team's NC hopes. I also understand the paradox that you shouldn't be able to win a NC without winning your conf. But as it stands it's an extra game that some teams have that will probably be tougher than any other gamee of the year. So it can only hurt you to play in a confrence that has one.

Archived