Good Luck from an LSU fan!

KLSU

I know LSU and AU have had a rough relationship over the past few years but I just wanted to say that I am pulling for AU to win the MNC. I don't think UGA is good enough to beat you on your home field so I believe AU has a great shot at the MNC game. It was another great game this year between AU and LSU and your team had just enough to beat us. No excuses just AU is a better team this year so good luck and I hope yall bring back to back MNC's to the SEC.

Thanks. I was in Lafayette visiting in-laws a few weeks ago. We had a big birthday party for my mother-in-law and I wore an AU polo to it. I got a lot of congratulations and support from the "older" LSU folks I ran into.

I kind of miss the "Russell could start for anyone right now" and such pre-season posts of this year....amazing how quickly people run away when things aren't good.

I kind of miss the "Russell could start for anyone right now" and such pre-season posts of this year....amazing how quickly people run away when things aren't good.

118485[/snapback]

Hey jackass, an LSU fan came over here to make a complimentary post in support of Auburn - so why do you have to turn it into something ugly?

My apologies to Auburn fans for fighting about LSU on your board, but you're out of line Georgia boy. The only other thing I have to say to you is ... monster.com, look into it.

Let me repeat the sentiments of KLSU and say congratulations on Auburn's season thus far - and good luck the rest of the way.

First, classy post KLSU. We appreciate it.

But SL does bring up an interesting little point. The silence from the earlier lswho turds is deafening. It was entertaining while it lasted. Don't look now, but Tigerforums.com is ready to fire Jimbo Fisher. Wow have the attitudes changed. And does the Golden Child even play for lsu anymore? or did Randall bench him? And what spot does Justin Vincent occupy on the Heisman shortlist right about now?

And speaking of significant change in attitudes, I'll give you two guesses as to who is currently the most popular uat coach after he would've been the first one to get fired last year (according to most uat fans) for his "bend but don't break" philosophy. :rolleyes:

Look, silence from the kind of morons who run all around the internet talking smack and being a pain in the ass when LSU is on top of the world shouldn't be surprising. That kind of immature "fan" is never going to hang around and engage in an objective discussion about football, or anything else for that matter, b/c their agenda is simply to antagonize everyone else. People who were thumping their chests last year and in the off season are going to tuck tail as soon as we lose a couple of games because they have nothing to talk about. On the other hand, people who have some sense were never talking that kind of trash to start with, and will still be around now.

I'm pretty much the polar opposite of an Auburn fan, but that doesn't keep me from recognizing that your team has put together a very impressive season, and deserves congratulations and respect. Campbell has played like a Heisman contender. The reason I can recognize that is the same reason I wasn't on here pissing everybody off for the last year. So don't be surprised that embasrassing bandwagon smack talkers are gone - just be happy.

So don't be surprised that embasrassing bandwagon smack talkers are gone - just be happy.

Well said!

Its just entertaining to remember all the crap we heard before September 18.

Look, silence from the kind of morons who run all around the internet talking smack and  being a pain in the ass when LSU is on top of the world shouldn't be surprising. That kind of immature "fan" is never going to hang around and engage in an objective discussion about football, or anything else for that matter, b/c their agenda is simply to antagonize everyone else. People who were thumping their chests last year and in the off season are going to tuck tail as soon as we lose a couple of games because they have nothing to talk about. On the other hand, people who have some sense were never talking that kind of trash to start with, and will still be around now.

I'm pretty much the polar opposite of an Auburn fan, but that doesn't keep me from recognizing that your team has put together a very impressive season, and deserves congratulations and respect. Campbell has played like a Heisman contender. The reason I can recognize that is the same reason I wasn't on here pissing everybody off for the last year. So don't be surprised that embasrassing bandwagon smack talkers are gone - just be happy.

118538[/snapback]

well said dude, thank you and KLSU for the kind words.

I'm pretty much the polar opposite of an Auburn fan, but that doesn't keep me from recognizing that your team has put together a very impressive season, and deserves congratulations and respect.

118538[/snapback]

What is the polar opposite of an Auburn fan? Is that a crack or is the polar opposite of an Auburn fan simply "not an Auburn fan"?

Just curious...

What is the polar opposite of an Auburn fan? Is that a crack or is the polar opposite of an Auburn fan simply "not an Auburn fan"?

Just curious...

118549[/snapback]

I just meant that I'm REALLY not an Auburn fan - if you get my drift. But I'm not trying to stir things up over here and absolutely meant what I said earlier about the job Auburn's done this year. I'm just explaining what I meant since you asked.

Actually, I guess the true polar opposite of an Aubrn fan would be a Bama fan, right?

Anyway, regardless of what I think of Auburn, I'd like to see the Western Division Champ take care of business in Atlanta (and beyond), so good luck.

Look I was just expressing my well wishes. I didn't say anything about LSU but I do think it took your QB 5 years to mature enough to have success. You should be the last one cracking on our freshman QB. Look we won last year so I have no reason to be jealous just trying to show some support. If you don't want it screw you. To the mature AU fans: Good luck I hope you win it all.

OK, I'll be courteous and send a thanks to the LSU guys for their kind words. And then I'll also say that the reason most of the guys on this forum are not too receptive comes from what we went thru before the LSU game. We had many, not 1 or 2, probably 20 or 30, LSUers on here constantly talking smack. We heard every adjective possible describing just how good Saban is, how good LSU is (or was), and how every player could be a Heisman trophy winner. Then we heard how bad we were and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the elite LSU. Then after the game, it stopped, of course. We have bad memories of LSU fans, so take that into consideration when you post.

Don't look now, but Tigerforums.com is ready to fire Jimbo Fisher.  Wow have the attitudes changed.  And does the Golden Child even play for lsu anymore?  or did Randall bench him?  And what spot does Justin Vincent occupy on the Heisman shortlist right about now?

118519[/snapback]

We obviously didn't learn the "preseason hype" lesson that AU learned. ;)

We obviously didn't learn the "preseason hype" lesson that AU learned.  ;)

Last year was Nall's first OC job...and his last. Not even close to lswho's situation, but nice try anyway kid.

Archived