BCSCG OFFICIATING

FASTCOMPANY

It couldn't be ACC (FSU) or SEC (Auburn), plus all the stuff discussed, it had to be Big 12. And it is. Somewhere on Facebook is an article about it.

Big 10.

This actually doesn't make sense so even the BCS isn't following it's own rotation rules nice. Don't care either way

Recently heard a national radio show - golic or the guy that sits in for him sometimes ... It was some former player - discuss that the pros scout the officials as much as they do the players to determine their tendencies.

Will they allow a cb to play more with his hands? Do they call holding on the line more etc... Then the players need to adjust their play some.

Knowing the tendencies of the b1g may influence, or at least should be aware of, by our players. If hey are going to call OL holding constantly then our players better keep their hands in.

Also, what are the fsu players used to from acc officials and can there be advantages for us there. Are their receivers never touched by cb's cuz the stripes will call it every time and the b1g never calls it? Then we should play more physical to throw them off their game ... I'm sure y'all can come up with other examples.

Quite frankly, I'd be curious to know the contrasts between stereotypical acc/sec/b1g officiating. May not matter one ounce but it could be an interesting topic during this period of no news. Anybody knowledgable?

Let's say you have mutimillions of dollars riding on the outcome of a game and knew which refs were calling the game. It may be awfully tempting to offer some benefits to a ref for calls in a certain direction.

Win or Lose, this goes against the AU Creed.

I believe the refs will try and be fair in this game.

Most of the country are AU fans right now. They see us as Cinderella, as taking down the Bammer and Saban domination, and it will not play well if the refs are as biased as they have been in some games we have been in this year.

I just hope that the crew has experience with the HUNH style we play and does not hold the ball too long between plays. There are already way too many delays on tv games as it is.

It's not a CBS broadcast so it should be somewhat reasonable in length

ESPN is the absolute worst..

They average 25 commercials per quarter.

Archived