Stripe the Stadium..well done

TigerOne

Some people will always find something to bitch about. The striping is no different than when we ask everyone to wear blue or orange. It's just kind of a cool thing that doesn't kill you to do. It's literally just deciding which, of your hopefully many, Auburn shirts you will wear. If it has a .01% chance of impressing a recruit or motivating the team I'm in.

I thought the striping was a little lacking...but we'll do better next time, to be positive. It did sound really loud. It also set ESPN record for noon game

Set a record for a noon game? What record?

I'm assuming tv ratings for viewers. Just a guess

Yep. http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/11/ole_miss-auburn_pulls_in_seaso.html#incart_river_mobile

I thought the striping looked pretty good on TV and the incompetent announcers commented about the volume of noise several times during the game....so seemed that the crowd was up for the game in more ways than one.

I thought the striping looked pretty good on TV and the incompetent announcers commented about the volume of noise several times during the game....so seemed that the crowd was up for the game in more ways than one.

Did they ever mention the stripes?

My girl was there and she said it wasn't like dead or anything and on 3rd downs it was was loud and intense.

That's pretty accurate

The only thing I didn't like about the striping was that we were in an orange section and my two boys (7&10) couldn't wear their blue jerseys

I am sorry, but the striping did not look as good as it should have. There were way too many folks who did not participate in the striping. If that was because AU should have done a better job of publicizing the event, well, AU do a better job next time. I know lots of folks who did not know about it.

Fans always want the players to give 100%, but it was clear from the TV shots that there were tons of folks who didn't give their 100% to the event (let's hope they didn't know about the striping).

AU, as a collective, is better than what happened. Just being OK is not good enough.

I am sorry, but the striping did not look as good as it should have. There were way too many folks who did not participate in the striping. If that was because AU should have done a better job of publicizing the event, well, AU do a better job next time. I know lots of folks who did not know about it.

Fans always want the players to give 100%, but it was clear from the TV shots that there were tons of folks who didn't give their 100% to the event (let's hope they didn't know about the striping).

AU, as a collective, is better than what happened. Just being OK is not good enough.

Well you know for a fact that people that bought tickets at the game couldn't participate because they wouldn't have known their section numbers. And some people may not have orange tee shirts. All of mine are blue but I don't plan on working beside the roads either. So...

If you saw how well it worked at Arkansas, you would think AU deserved a freaking trophy for their efforts.

Also... seriously? You seem a little worked up over clothing choices...

Jordan-Hare Stadium looked really awesome with it stripe in orange and blue. We should do that a lot in our last 3 home games then do it with every game for 2016 and beyond

I was at the game and I thought the striping was decent. I don't think it was promoted enough to get a great response. I do wear orange some games and blue others, just depends what I am into that day. I don't think it is something anyone should get worked up over. As far as the noise level, I think it was pretty good at this point in the season considering our record. I personally think as fans we should try anything that can possibly lift the team, do I know if striping the stadium will, no I don't know, but I will give it a try.

Archived