Recruiting...dead period

auferg

Too early? It's never too early.

The dead period is over. There are other quiet and dead periods:

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membership...DIFootball.html

ON THIS SUBJECT

I'm confused about our status. I hear we have 19 scholarships to give. We will no doubt pursue more because of attrition. But we have 15 commitments (1 signed), so that doesn't leave too many left to go.

Tuberville is quoted as saying the staff had to back off because they were getting flooded with guys wanting to be approached. He also hinted at a bumper year. So where are we?

i'm not the one with the resources or cabailities, but it would be nice if we had one thread (tacked) that would update recruiting status. i say this because this subject has came up on several threads over the last month.

if anyone thinks this is a good idea lets do it.

Tuberville said he was visiting three prospects in the Jacksonville area the day of the USC game...I wonder who that includes. Also, is their a chance we pull early

offers if we have a flood of 5-stars wanting to sign?

:au:

Tubs will do what he has been doing. He will look for good athletes that have the ability to become Auburn Tigers. :au:

Let the thugs go to the "other" "schools". :D

He is BUILDING a VERY strong program that we can be proud of for many years to come. :au:

Tubs said early this week that recruiting is pretty much finished this year and we will give only 2-3 more schollys. Wilhite is a soft commitment due to grade concerns. If he can't come in in January we won't offer. Rumor is we have a private commitment from Antoine Smith. But is sounds like we will be getting only about a max of 4-5 more that we don't already know about.

Ha s anyone heard anything on Callahan Bright, the other DT that was with Powe?

I heard that he had set up an official visit.

Archived