2016 Fall Camp - Practice 1

RunInRed

Ugh, it's probably just nothing, but I've had a shaking feeling all summer that something would happen with Jovon.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Ugh, it's probably just nothing, but I've had a shaking feeling all summer that something would happen with Jovon.

I have too. If course my feeling was that he'd put on about 10 more lbs of muscle and go ape sh*t on the SEC.

I was just following up AUCivil's post...I haven't heard anything to be honest. I'm "hoping" it's something as trivial.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and have a meltdown over Jovon just in case.  Then, if its bad news I will already be over it...

Your next phase of grief is to list all the other RBs we have and convince the board that we are still in great shape at the position.

They'll have to move Rudy Ford over to RB. But then, what happens to our defense? Can Carlson play Safety? Jovon, you ruined everything!!!

Got this from oanow.com.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/fall-camp-observations-top-auburn-rb-absent-from-first-practice/article_26669c9a-59b9-11e6-a18b-d7f489cfa1d7.html

— Sophomores Kerryon Johnson and Malik Miller took the majority of reps at running back in Robinson’s place.

— Jeremy Johnson, Sean White and John Franklin III split reps at quarterback. During team drills, Johnson went first, followed by White and Franklin, in that order.

— The first-string offensive line looked like you might expect it would have: left tackle Austin Golson, left guard Alex Kozan, center Clarke Smith, right guard Braden Smith and right tackle Robert Leff.

— The three first-team wide receivers were Marcus Davis and Tony Stephens on the outside, and Ryan Davis in the slot. Jason Smith and Darius Slayton also rotated in, while all the freshmen, including Nate Craig-Myers, watched from the sideline.

3 minutes ago, AUFan21 said:

Got this from oanow.com.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/fall-camp-observations-top-auburn-rb-absent-from-first-practice/article_26669c9a-59b9-11e6-a18b-d7f489cfa1d7.html

— Sophomores Kerryon Johnson and Malik Miller took the majority of reps at running back in Robinson’s place.

— Jeremy Johnson, Sean White and John Franklin III split reps at quarterback. During team drills, Johnson went first, followed by White and Franklin, in that order.

— The first-string offensive line looked like you might expect it would have: left tackle Austin Golson, left guard Alex Kozan, center Clarke Smith, right guard Braden Smith and right tackle Robert Leff.

— The three first-team wide receivers were Marcus Davis and Tony Stephens on the outside, and Ryan Davis in the slot. Jason Smith and Darius Slayton also rotated in, while all the freshmen, including Nate Craig-Myers, watched from the sideline.

Center Clarke Smith...the line looks like we might expect it?

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Center Clarke Smith...the line looks like we might expect it?

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Clarke Smith, huh? Interesting choice.

He changed it from Smith to Dampeer.

23 minutes ago, Altima said:

Yep... Malzahn letting Roc transfer is already paying its dividends...  smh.

I doubt he let him...if you think you're a RB, and you're not gonna be a RB where you're at, you're gonna leave...

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Clarke Smith, huh? Interesting choice.

What?  You don't want a long snapper anchoring the line? At least we know he can snap.

Yea this is what I was thinking. You put a long snapper in at center, either A. We're gonna have a lot of over the head snaps, or B. The snaps are going to enter the air at such a high velocity that it will knock out poor tiny QB's backwards like a cannonball. 

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I doubt he let him...if you think you're a RB, and you're not gonna be a RB where you're at, you're gonna leave...

Point being, he definitely could've enticed him to stay...  

He NEVER should've let get to that point where he was even thinking about leaving...

big mistake.

Archived