Fall Camp - Saturday Practice Update (8/20/16)

RunInRed

13 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Haha it was hilarious when the reporter said " ah c'mon" after Javaris said he runs the 40 in a 4.18. 

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

And in case you missed it, from Auburn's 17th practice ...

This is a good kid to have on the team. He will do well..........

I am loving the player interviews this year. They all have been positive and intelligent with their responses. They all seem really excited and happy about playing for the team and with this group of guys. They've been complimentary of each other. You can feel the good chemistry between them. I don't know if that means the product on the field will be better, but it definitely feels a little different to me than this time last year. Maybe I am just the eternal optimist...

Anyone else getting that kind of vibe?

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I am loving the player interviews this year. They all have been positive and intelligent with their responses. They all seem really excited and happy about playing for the team and with this group of guys. They've been complimentary of each other. You can feel the good chemistry between them. I don't know if that means the product on the field will be better, but it definitely feels a little different to me than this time last year. Maybe I am just the eternal optimist...

I have never been called an eternal optimist. However I am getting the same feeling, especially on defense.

9 hours ago, MexicanBurtReynolds said:

What is up with that shirt pattern?  I cannot believe he came to an interview with a straight face.  Does he not have handlers?

Dunno. But I've never like that hat. Looks cheesy.

10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I have noticed the same it looks like everyone is focused and positive.

10 hours ago, MexicanBurtReynolds said:

What is up with that shirt pattern?  I cannot believe he came to an interview with a straight face.  Does he not have handlers?

Welcome to the world of Under Armour where more is ALWAYS better.

9 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

lol "been coaching 26 years.... that's a long time aint it?" couldnt help but laugh at that. He's so tired of the BS questions

Yep.....He gets the same questions about every day and not easy to try and come up with  different answers that do not sound like "coach speak".....so why bother? 

Must be in his contract to have those pressers but far as I'm concerned, he can stick to coach speak and let our opponents figure it out on Saturdays. Otherwise, the player interviews are pretty good this year as noted...solid looking guys and I expect they are happy that no one is asking about Duke or JR or off the field problems.

13 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Don't see much difference between pre-season last year and this year. Everyone is positive and upbeat as they should be. I certainly don't remember any interviews that indicated otherwise last year. I may be wrong, but doesn't seem like it. As for "chemistry" it depends on what one is talking about. If it is the "chemistry" of players knowing their assignments and QB's and receivers on the same page and making the same reads, or O line guys know what each other is doing, then by all means I hope that is better. It will be evident on the field. If by "chemistry" one means  some type of juju that makes the team play better, not sure I buy that. Usually it is about the Jimmies and the Joes and X's and O's. Talent and execution.

Offensive Tackles: I worry about these two and consider them to be the weak link on the offense Front. I think the middle of the line is pretty solid. Any idea how this position is coming around?

Like the player's attitudes. Like a lot.

1 hour ago, EagleFlight34 said:

You talking about design or price? Haha

YES !

2 hours ago, EagleFlight34 said:

You talking about design or price? Haha

Both. Under Armour does do a few things better than Nike but fan gear is not one of them. So tired of seeing the garbage we're offered next to the clean Nike choices bammers get to choose from. Then to top it off, ours is consistently $10 more. 

I believe LT A. Golson and RT R. Leff will be good to great. Golson's original position was tackle if I'm not mistaken and Leff is a Sr. who has been in the system a long time and hungry. And with Kozan and B. Smith right along side them will help tremendously. We shall see. War Damn Eagle!!

1 hour ago, chimesAU said:

Both. Under Armour does do a few things better than Nike but fan gear is not one of them. So tired of seeing the garbage we're offered next to the clean Nike choices bammers get to choose from. Then to top it off, ours is consistently $10 more. 

To add to your thought, from what I've seen offered in stores & online, Nike also at least realizes that humans come in all shapes and sizes.  Under Armour seems to feel that if you're not a chiseled athlete you need not wear their apparel.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

To add to your thought, from what I've seen offered in stores & online, Nike also at least realizes that humans come in all shapes and sizes.  Under Armour seems to feel that if you're not a chiseled athlete you need not wear their apparel.

Good thing I'm a chiseled athlete!

Well, on the Internet anyway.....

Archived