World markets are tanking

RunInRed

Well dang...by the time I was allowed to trade on my Fidelity account when the market opened, the buying opportunity had vanished and all the good deals were scooped up by the Wall Street insiders who had their computers set to take advantage. 

I do wonder who the idiots were who sold out with all those losses .....easily panicked by the panicked US media I guess.   

But still, not a bad buying time....but unfortunately for the unconnected, that 800 point opportunity did not last long.  But I bet there will be more in the next few days.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

The Lord just helped us. 

Amen brother. Seriously, everybody is panicking over Trump, and he has a couple of months before he ever takes office. How about let's all see together what kind of President he will be. Give him a few months to settle in and start doing his job and then start casting your judgement on whether he is going to be a good or bad President. Why don't we try this before we all jump off a cliff?

56 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Puuuuuuuuuhleeeeeeeeze! Are you seriously this dense? The man built a small empire by getting the right people in the right places. That has already started. His international business experience working with governments and others have him light years ahead of barry who has trainwrecked the country for 8 years. The main difference between him and obama is he really wants to work with both sides. 

He is basically a 3rd party candidate dressed as a republican. He will excel in the role of president. 

Puuuuuleeeeze my ass.   Are you seriously this gullible?  

How many bankruptcies did he file for?   

And I wonder what he's hiding in his tax return. 

30 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Amen brother. Seriously, everybody is panicking over Trump, and he has a couple of months before he ever takes office. How about let's all see together what kind of President he will be. Give him a few months to settle in and start doing his job and then start casting your judgement on whether he is going to be a good or bad President. Why don't we try this before we all jump off a cliff?

So, are you saying he's been lying all along about his stated positions?

Just now, homersapien said:

So, are you saying he's been lying all along about his stated positions?

No. I'm saying I don't care what he has done in the past. We need to just keep on with our lives, and give him a chance to get going. The past is the past and is irrelevant at this point.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If there is a God, she's laughing her ass off.

Not something to joke about.

I'm thankful for the Trump win and I hope he will follow up and make America First Again,make America Safe Again and make America Great Again.Oh and the DEPLORABLES WON the DEPLORABLES WON the DEPLORABLES WON.

6 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

No. I'm saying I don't care what he has done in the past. We need to just keep on with our lives, and give him a chance to get going. The past is the past and is irrelevant at this point.

That doesn't apply to Hillary though, huh?

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, 6 actually per politifact....

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/21/hillary-clinton/yep-donald-trumps-companies-have-declared-bankrupt/

Out of 530 businesses he has been heavily engaged in across a number of industries....
http://www.investopedia.com/updates/donald-trump-companies/

So he has a 98.9% batting average....I'll take that....

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

That doesn't apply to Hillary though, huh?

Are you in denial that the election is over and Hillary lost?

3 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I'm thankful for the Trump win and I hope he will follow up and make America First Again,make America Safe Again and make America Great Again.Oh and the DEPLORABLES WON the DEPLORABLES WON the DEPLORABLES WON.

David Duke: Trump win a great victory for 'our people'

"Make no mistake about it, our people have played a HUGE role in electing Trump!" he wrote.

Just the opposite.  Why do you ask?

See your above post #23142

3 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Well, 6 actually per politifact....

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/21/hillary-clinton/yep-donald-trumps-companies-have-declared-bankrupt/

Out of 530 businesses he has been heavily engaged in across a number of industries....
http://www.investopedia.com/updates/donald-trump-companies/

So he has a 98.9% batting average....I'll take that....

Well, there goes your credibility.  No one is "heavily engaged" in 50 businesses - licensing your name for marketing purposes is not being "heavily engaged".

The bankruptcies were large projects he was directly responsible for creating and then running into the ground.

13 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

DOWS UP 105!!

But But But the market is tanking !!  The sky is falling!!  But Trump said !!!!  Maybe we need to change the title of this thread to "some savvy investors took the opportunity to take some profits; some savvy investors took an opportunity to buy new undervalued assets; and the sheep created the new undervalued assets.... 

At 11:00 last night my youngest and I had a discussion about what was going to happen when the market opened....I missed it a bit (I told him a 1000 point swing; at the time the futures were down 800); but the day is still young....mostly it was  a discussion on how to keep your head and not let your emotions make investment decisions...

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Homer, you are a fool. Not going to waste much time here. I told you he would win, you laughed. "Look at the polls!", you said. Lol. You and a few hopeless liberals on this board are ad bad as the worst of the msm. So ignorant that you believed the polls and all the other garbage you've been brainwashed into believing.

You think you are an intellectual elite when most look at you and laugh. Most people in this country are sick of and disgusted by your line of thinking and ready for common sense to lead this country again. 

This board is for the most part just a huge waste of breath. I will soon leave again and return to note the awesome progress that is about to begin.

Can you give me one more, " derp, derp derp, Hillary should win. She's the best thing for this country.", for the road? Lol. 

Just now, tiger88 said:

Homer, you are a fool. Not going to waste much time here. I told you he would win, you laughed. "Look at the polls!", you said. Lol. You and a few hopeless liberals on this board are ad bad as the worst of the msm. So ignorant that you believed the polls and all the other garbage you've been brainwashed into believing.

You think you are an intellectual elite when most look at you and laugh. Most people in this country are sick of and disgusted by your line of thinking and ready for common sense to lead this country again. 

This board is for the most part just a huge waste of breath. I will soon leave again and return to note the awesome progress that is about to begin.

Can you give me one more, " derp, derp derp, Hillary should win. She's the best thing for this country.", for the road? Lol. 

First, stop lying about me.  I didn't say any of those things. 

Secondly, there are more people who think Hillary would have been better for the country than the losers who voted for Trump.  And I bet quite a few of them - along with me - are smarter than you.  But time will tell, huh?

You are an embarrassment to this forum.  You can't leave soon enough.

But please come back in a couple of years and we'll revisit how great for the country Trump has been.

First, stop lying about me.  I didn't say any of those things. 

Secondly, there are more people who think Hillary would have been better for the country than the losers who voted for Trump.  And I bet quite a few of them - along with me - are smarter than you.  But time will tell, huh?

You are an embarrassment to this forum.  You can't leave soon enough.

But please come back in a couple of years and we'll revisit how great for the country Trump has been.

Uuhmm, on a technical point; I think you missed the outcome of the vote...the Losers voted for Hillary (which from your reaction here I assume includes you).  

Oh, and so now, you predicted Trump would win?  Wow, I'm really confused....I thought all of you self proclaimed "smart; intellectually superior; in the know political types" said Hillary was a lock... .Hhhhmmmm, I guess I've got to go back and read a lot of old posts...

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

David Duke: Trump win a great victory for 'our people'

"Make no mistake about it, our people have played a HUGE role in electing Trump!" he wrote.

I can not believe that is something to you or anyone lol. What kinda logic structure are you trying to build here? 

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, if Hillary had won, you would say the past is the past and we should just forget it? 

Would not have a choice. Would be forced to move on b/c of the circumstances at hand.

10 hours ago, japantiger said:

Uuhmm, on a technical point; I think you missed the outcome of the vote...the Losers voted for Hillary (which from your reaction here I assume includes you).  

Oh, and so now, you predicted Trump would win?  Wow, I'm really confused....I thought all of you self proclaimed "smart; intellectually superior; in the know political types" said Hillary was a lock... .Hhhhmmmm, I guess I've got to go back and read a lot of old posts...

First, let me clarify:

By "losers" I wasn't referring to the election.  I meant losers in life.  

You know, people who lost their jobs and weren't able to adapt, preferring to simply blame it on immigrants or foreign companies. People who were too short sighted to see their future depended on acquiring education or new skills.  Also people who depend on the advantages of simply being white and privileged and resent the fact they are losing their majority. People who resent the competition presented by the 'coloreds' and immigrants to white people.

And yes, I did predict Clinton would win.  Like almost everyone else, I trusted in the polls which were obviously wrong.  Do you seriously believe that means I believe I was "intellectually superior"?  That's an absurd and irrational charge. You've got issues.

Archived