Auburn with shot at Sugar Bowl

abw0004

D-1 College football is the only level that does not have a playoff and plays less than 16 games. High school, Juco, D-III, D-II and the Pro's all play at least 16 games in a playoff format. So wee mans aguement that a playoff is to many games and would hurt to many players has never held water with me. Also the argument that the bowls games are the only source of "fun/materiel goods" the players get as a reward for a good season since they do not get paid is a load of crap. What people miss, is the bowl games can still be used in a playoff system. The bowl games would sponsor playoff games. For those teams that do not make the playoffs, the bowl games not used in the playoff format can be used for teams not participating in the playoffs. So in conclusion: we are still using the bowl games to reward the players, sponsors still get their names out there and we get a playoff format Laddie daddie everybody happy happy. Just one arm chair bourbon drinking, ex-high school bench water cooler guarding players opinion. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. We seem to be going backwards in some respects in the bowl layout.

Advocare bowl vs Kansas State

Citrus bowl vs FSU

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18094457/college-football-bowl-projections-2016-season-week-13

I still think Vandy beats Tennessee and costs UT the Sugar Bowl.

10 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Interesting. We seem to be going backwards in some respects in the bowl layout.

Advocare bowl vs Kansas State

Citrus bowl vs FSU

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18094457/college-football-bowl-projections-2016-season-week-13

I still think Vandy beats Tennessee and costs UT the Sugar Bowl.

No way Vandy beats the Champions of Life, but I would love it.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Anchor down and whip some smokey ass!

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I wouldn't count Vandy out. Their defense is better than most give them credit for and Tennessee's defense is atrocious!

Going to be rooting for LSU, Vandy, and FL State (ughhh) so we have a good shot at the Sugar Bowl even with a loss to Bama. lol

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

If the Noles can pull this out, Sugar

Vandy has to beat Tennessee for that to happen, and they've got a ten point lead at the moment.  

"Somewhere in Florida" is probably correct.  Tampa or Orlando seem likely.  

Those are two pretty good options in my view. Just hoping that our injury situation has been resolved so that we can make a good showing. 

7 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

If Vandy wins- Sugar

If Tennessee wins- Citrus

This with the and UF lose to both FSU & Bama.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Sugar Bowl selection committee can't be happy about their options.

They have to take the highest ranked SEC team in the CFP poll if the SEC Champ is not in the playoffs right?

Vandy should have the lead by the official blew the fumble call where Vandy walked in with it. But they have the ball down 3 to start the fourth.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They have to take the highest ranked SEC team in the CFP poll if the SEC Champ is not in the playoffs right?

I guess technically once all the games are in the can they won't select, they will take, as you point out.  Pretty sure they will be holding their noses.  I wonder when the last time they had a four loss team was?

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Those are two pretty good options in my view. Just hoping that our injury situation has been resolved so that we can make a good showing. 

I'll be there watching us get our ninth win with our third or fourth string quarterback and our third or fourth string runningback.

1st String QB - JJ no light

2nd String QB - Queen injury 

3rd String QB - SW injury

1st and 2nd RB - Left team and kicked off team

3rd and 4th String RB - Both injured 

All that and we will probably still get nine wins!  War Eagle!

33 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Either way, we're playing a Big12 team. It'll either be OK or OK State depending on which bowl and the outcome of their game

Citrus has the Big 10 and ACC on the other end not the Big 12. The Orange will take a Big !0 team so the Citrus has to take an ACC team. Likely Va. Tech or Louisville.

Just now, ellitor said:

Citrus has the Big 10 and ACC on the other end not the Big 12. The Orange will take a Big !0 team so the Citrus has to take an AAC team. Likely Va. Tech or Louisville.

Given Vandy up by 11 with 4 left, looking good vs an OK team in Nola

Just now, ellitor said:

Citrus has the Big 10 and ACC on the other end not the Big 12. The Orange will take a Big !0 team so the Citrus has to take an AAC team. Likely Va. Tech or Louisville.

Teams with QB's Auburn should have offered but for some reason didn't. Gonna be tough to win 9.

Archived