Men vs. UAB - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

without question. The offensive player caused all of that contact. 

By that definition, every time a player sets his feet in the lane before getting plowed by a n offender, it should be a charge; yet that's not the case. Moving in front of a dribbler headed towards the basket when the offensive player has no possible way to avoid the contact should be a block. 

If the Lang 3 drops, AU would have been up 11, but UAB runs off 5 points in less than 30 seconds to cut it to 3. That was a huge turnaround for UAB. 

Heron going to the line with the lanes cleared after a technical foul on uab.   Heron makes both.   Auburn ball 59-54   Spencer is fouled.

7 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

What's up with the mop streaks all over the floor? That doesn't look safe :timeout: . Probably just the camera angle but looks awful slippery. Must be an illusion because I haven't seen anyone slip

Just realized it is the same pattern on each end. A blazer I'm guessing?  Weird way to do a floor. Doesn't really look like a blazer, but close I guess ?

Should have been an "and one" for Heron on the dirt basket. Guy clearly grabbed him on the way up but he was strong enough to pull away and score. 

That wasn't a travel on Spencer.  You have to have control of the ball before you can travel.  It looks bad/funny but its not a travel. 66-55

We're a hard team to figure out. I'm constantly watching thinking we need to step it up and play cleaner BBall and suddenly we are up 11. Talent I believe is the answer to that riddle. I'll take it compared to previous years!

Just now, WarTiger said:

That wasn't a travel on Spencer.  You have to have control of the ball before you can travel.  It looks bad/funny but its not a travel. 66-55

You beat me to it. The Lang play that ended in a 3 for Harper that bounced all over the rim and went in was way more of a "travel" than that. 

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

Surely not surprising though ?

He didn't help himself with trying to flip the ball over his head. He should have either pulled up at 8' or kept going forward and drawn the contact. 

Archived