2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

ellitor

Justyn Ross dishes on Auburn, Alabama and Clemson

Where do things stand with the state of Alabama's No. 1 recruit?

Keith Niebuhr

HATTIESBURG, Miss., -- Justyn Ross is the No. 1 receiver in the state of Alabama for a reason. The standout from Phenix City Central is tall, has long arms, can jump quite high, has soft hands and can take the top off a defense. That's why he's arguably the biggest remaining offensive target for Auburn -- and why both Alabama and Clemson have put so much energy into his recruitment. At this time, the 247Sports Crystal Ball favors Clemson, but Ross claimed this week he has no leader. In this full audio interview, you'll get his thoughts on each of those teams, plus we have more insight into his ability and recruitment.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Shivers to Justyn Ross 

He is to in love with sunshine. HE LOVES trevor lawrence. shivers, asa and joey G needs to work on him from now to signing day!!!

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is to in love with sunshine. HE LOVES trevor lawrence. shivers, asa and joey G needs to work on him from now to signing day!!!

They all are, along with Schwartz. They’re all tweeting him pretty regularly. They’ll deserve a check if they pull it off! 

They all are, along with Schwartz. They’re all tweeting him pretty regularly. They’ll deserve a check if they pull it off! 

well you ARE justyn ross bag man after all. You may be the one that needs to pay them off fam! lol

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

well you ARE justyn ross bag man after all. You may be the one that needs to pay them off fam! lol

I’m handling it B)

Yeah well now Justyn Ross is gonna watch Tua win Bama a championship with his arm and it will be bad for us 

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yeah well now Justyn Ross is gonna watch Tua win Bama a championship with his arm and it will be bad for us 

I just think clemson is so far ahead of everyone else right now it will not matter.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just think clemson is so far ahead of everyone else right now it will not matter.

I don’t. Family will play a part in this. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I don’t. Family will play a part in this. 

all I know is grandma loves us and wants him at AU. you are the inside man on this job. what is your people saying?

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

all I know is grandma loves us and wants him at AU. you are the inside man on this job. what is your people saying?

Most of the family want him close to home is all I’ve heard. Everyone at Central thinks he’s a Clemson lock like you. I just don’t see it happening imo. Clemson is a long way away from Phenix City and when his mom came home I really think he might want to be close to her as well. 

Most of the family want him close to home is all I’ve heard. Everyone at Central thinks he’s a Clemson lock like you. I just don’t see it happening imo. Clemson is a long way away from Phenix City and when his mom came home I really think he might want to be close to her as well. 

O I only think he is a clemson lock just based on what rivals and 247 is saying. Like they seem to think it is a slam dunk. Man of all the phenix city kids this is the one I want the most! Can proximity to home finally work in our favor?!  It never has seemed to help us haha. So sounds like your gut is saying auburn. I LIKE YOUR GUT! lol. Hope it is right.

If we do pull him in who do we lose to get him? CB, OL and TE are big needs right now

Just a gut feel, but I don't think he is coming to AU.  Clemson & UAt showed much more passing potential than AU in their last games.  I would not be surprised if the back-qb-switch didn't land him in Turdville.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we do pull him in who do we lose to get him? CB, OL and TE are big needs right now

We don't lose anyone necessarily. We may just take another GT that can enroll in June & count in the 2019 #s.

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Just a gut feel, but I don't think he is coming to AU.  Clemson & UAt showed much more passing potential than AU in their last games.  I would not be surprised if the back-qb-switch didn't land him in Turdville.

If Ansley does in fact leave Bama it will be very tough for them to beat Clemson for JR.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

If Ansley does in fact leave Bama it will be very tough for them to beat Clemson for JR.

I thought Ansley was a done deal.  Is it not?

7 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I thought Ansley was a done deal.  Is it not?

IDK. I don't keep up with Bama much.

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Whatever you might think of Saban, if you can sell that kind of success it explains why their recruiting is unparalleled. I guess I continue to be amazed that we’ve remained fairly competitive against these headwinds.

I wonder if Bo Nix coming to Auburn causes him JR to pause for a moment.

13 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I wonder if Bo Nix coming to Auburn causes him JR to pause for a moment.

Doubt it. Trevor Lawrence probably is QB1 year 1 @ Clemson.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Doubt it. Trevor Lawrence probably is QB1 year 1 @ Clemson.

I think Lawrence is very talented. However, he did not have a good US Army AA game. It was not even close to impressive. If Ross watched the game, maybe he will think twice about AU. Recruiting sites have even posed the question of Lawrence dropping in the rankings. 

4 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I think Lawrence is very talented. However, he did not have a good US Army AA game. It was not even close to impressive. If Ross watched the game, maybe he will think twice about AU. Recruiting sites have even posed the question of Lawrence dropping in the rankings. 

Again doubt it. His mom wants him at Clemson too.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:55 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

If that was a problem I'd say te since they aren't in our playbook anyway

Archived