The way Clemson has built their program has been impressive

gr82b4au

They are not just a flash in the pan team (like us frankly). Back to back championship games is impressive. They have sustained top recruiting classes and top coaches for the the last few years. They have depth at just about every position. They also have a few things going for them that we will NEVER have - they share the state with another college team that has never been good and they are in a weaker conference where you only have a few tough games a year. I can see them being very good for the next few years and a constant top 10 player.

That defense, all of those freshmen on that team, they are going to be extremely tough to beat next year. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

They are not just a flash in the pan team (like us frankly). Back to back championship games is impressive. They have sustained top recruiting classes and top coaches for the the last few years. They have depth at just about every position. They also have a few things going for them that we will NEVER have - they share the state with another college team that has never been good and they are in a weaker conference where you only have a few tough games a year. I can them being very good for the next few years and a constant top 10 player.

That defense, all of those freshmen on that team, they are going to be extremely tough to beat next year. 

Yet some of their fan base is nervous that they won't be able to compete without Watson. We'll be one of the first to find out, that's for sure.

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yet some of their fan base is nervous that they won't be able to compete without Watson. We'll be one of the first to find out, that's for sure.

They have had back to back good QB's Tahj Boyd and Watson and I heard them mention that they had great faith in their current backup. During the game against bama Watson was good but what made the difference were the receivers. They bailed out Watson on some great acrobatic catches multiple times during the game. Of the 4 Cain, Renfrow, Williams, and Leggett only Leggett  the TE is a senior Williams is a Junior and other two are sophomores. Assuming Williams returns they have a great core of receivers returning to help the next QB. Both Defense and O-Lines were fairly young so the next QB will have a great supporting cast.  They are looking like they will be around for a while.

Biggest question for Clemson in 2017 will be the QB position. Watson going pro, his backup is a Senior. Kelly Bryant, 3rd team QB, will be a Junior. He only attempted 9 passes in 2016. Hunter Johnson, #2 Pro Style QB on 247 & Rivals, will be an early enrollee. 

Mike Williams is a force. I'm equally as glad that he will be gone along with Watson.

We can pay them back next season for them beating us after we had 20+ seniors leave our championship team.

Kind of makes one wonder if it echos back to 2 other bammer grads that once coached at clempsom, Danny Ford, and Charlie Pell, then the NCAA comes calling.

1 hour ago, aufan57 said:

Biggest question for Clemson in 2017 will be the QB position. Watson going pro, his backup is a Senior. Kelly Bryant, 3rd team QB, will be a Junior. He only attempted 9 passes in 2016. Hunter Johnson, #2 Pro Style QB on 247 & Rivals, will be an early enrollee. 

They also have a 4-star dual threat named Zerrick Cooper who will be a redshirt freshman. 

19 hours ago, cctiger said:

Kind of makes one wonder if it echos back to 2 other bammer grads that once coached at clempsom, Danny Ford, and Charlie Pell, then the NCAA comes calling.

Clemson cheating?  What kind of cars has Dabo been handing out over there?  Suits?  Rims?  

Dabo is bama to the core and therefore i don't like him, but credit where credit is due. He has Clemson looking like they are set up nicely for years to come. They'll regress without DW for sure but i bet they don't fall off too far. We'll know real quick next year what we have in our OL with them going against that Clemson DL

I'm really impressed with their D line.  Watson won the game for them but those receivers were great too, especially Williams.  And Gallman is a quality RB.  They are just a solid all around team.  

Without DW at Clemson.... bama has another crown. 

Dabo has had the good fortune to have back to back All American quality QBs....otherwise, he's winning about 75% of his games in a good season.   Even with DW, you can see how many close games they have won....and how many times DW  (or Boyd before him) made some plays that saved games. 

Dabo is a good coach but basically he is no better than his QB....which is true for a good number of coaches for that matter. 

Archived