Baseball vs. FSU Game Thread (Regional Final)

Thanks boys for the updates.  Not sure I have heard/seen a game end like this.  That really sucked.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Of all the things I thought might happen ... that was not in my thoughts 

Bramblett admitted it crossed his mind.

Not an excuse.....but how does the winner in the bracket end up the road team? Oh well....

Devastating loss. It's gonna be tough to win tomorrow after losing like this. Just couldn't get the third out. Heart breaking

Truly hate it for Cole. After bearing down he just couldn't get the last out for the win. That's really going to be tough to shake and AU is going to be behind the eight ball tomorrow. They can do it though. 

What a gut-punch.  That might do it folks.  I'll be out here pulling like heck tomorrow, but unless AU gets a 1-2-3 to start the game and puts a 10-spot in the first, I don't see it happening.

We're really suspect after Thompson and Mize but I hope we can piece together a good outing and win this thing tomorrow. This one will be tough to swallow for a long time if they don't.

5 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Not an excuse.....but how does the winner in the bracket end up the road team? Oh well....

The team who has been the road team more gets to be the home team unless 2 teams are playing 2 straight games against each other.. We had not been the designated road team yet. FSU had been twice. We are the designated home team tomorrow.

Just now, AUDevil said:

Their pitching depth is going to be tough to overcome.  Do we have anybody left?

Yes but anyone reliable, no.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The team who has been the road team more gets to be the home team. We had not been the designated road team yet. FSU had been twice. We are the designated home team tomorrow.

Well..that's something at least.

I can't say enough about how bad that last pitch truly was... you have the #9 hitter, a freshman, down 0-2... and then you hit him to bring in the winning run! Wow

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

I can't say enough about how bad that last pitch truly was... you have the #9 hitter, a freshman, down 0-2... and then you hit him to bring in the winning run! Wow

Auburn's pitching has been suspect all year.  They're very inconsistent.  I wasn't expecting Auburn to get very far, but it sucks to lose a game by hitting the batter

We'll be able to see if we're gonna have a shot tomorrow very early in the game. If we can get through a few innings without much damage we have a shot. Sometimes after losing heartbreakers like this it's easy for a team to get blown out the next day imo

It's mind boggling how many times a pitcher gets the first two outs in an inning and then goes completely to sleep.  Happened in the 9th and 10th tonight.  I really wish Butch would have gone to the mound more than just to make a pitching change in the those last two innings.  I think he's going to have to go get an "official" pitching coach.  I don't think I've ever seen Drye go to the mound during a game.

We've still got plenty of arms, wouldn't bet against seeing Thompson or Daniel being available tomorrow if it came to it.  Really fired up about the way the offense is cranking right now.  

I agree about getting a new pitching coach outside of Drye. I feel like Tom Holiday was even better than this

There's a good chance the game tomorrow will be on ESPN2 or ESPNU. ESPN has 3 TV time slots for games starting at 6 tomorrow. Along with 2 & the U, SECN has a time slot. There are at most 4 games starting at 6 weather permitting. Kentucky-NC St will probably be on SECN since it's at a SEC site, unless Arky holds to beat Mizzou St. Either way I think we will be on ESPN 2.

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

I agree about getting a new pitching coach outside of Drye. I feel like Tom Holiday was even better than this

He may be an issue but let's be frank. After Keegan, Casey, & a couple others our arms aren't that good to begin with talent wise.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He may be an issue but let's be frank. After Keegan, Casey, & a couple others our arms aren't that good to begin with talent wise.

Very true. Will be interesting to see if those guys can at least develop into decent options for next year

1 minute ago, Tigger1985 said:

Hope we are recruiting some really good pitchers

Don't worry, once the cycle gets going, the LAST thing you have to worry about with Butch Thompson is pitching.  Just sucks that THIS season, it is the ultimate worry.

Lots of you are acting like we've already lost the regional. We've still got arms in the pen, and FSU is just as down in arms as we are, if not, more. They just played 19 innings in a day, and will be fatigued as well. Yes it's a tough one to swallow, but Butch will have the guys ready tomorrow. I'm expecting to compete and expecting to win with offense tomorrow. Come on guys, stay optimistic, we're still a game away from a SUPER.

Archived