In 2012 did you watch every game until the end?

gr82b4au

On 6/23/2017 at 3:43 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

I have watched/attended every minute of every game through some pretty bad seasons. The only 2 seasons I can think of that I did not were 2008 and 2012. In those 2 cases the team quit. They lost their heart. And if I know ahead of time that I am gonna waste 3+ hrs of my Saturday doing something that I know is gonna make me mad and ruin the rest of my day. I would much rather play in the yard with my kids or do some charity work with my family.  

I've got to disagree with you on 2008. The 2008 team only quit in one game and that was the last game against Alabama in the 2nd half. Some people may have blocked it out of their memory but the 2008 Alabama game was only 10-0 at halftime. The blocked FG right before halftime and our offense coming out to start the 2nd half with 2 straight turnovers basically killed the defense's will to compete and so the defense quit and Alabama blew us out 36-0. Conversely, the 2012 Alabama game wasn't even competitive for a half. It was 42-0 at halftime. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we can bond over the fact that we experienced the worst season in AU history lol. I mean we probably  (hopefully) will never see a train wreck like that again unless Jay Jacobs hires Rhett Lashlee or someone similar as HC in the next 3 years

On 6/24/2017 at 6:40 AM, Tiger said:

I watched all of them. It's a tradition with my dad (we watch basically every game together) but I stopped getting mad. After a certain point you know what the team is all about. And then I would just laugh at how bad we were. I mean I can either get pissed or find the humor in it right? It wasn't a spiteful laughter, it was more in line with when you're in a film session with your team and you see one of your teammates do something that warrants to be made fun of. Like "dude how did you get trucked so bad there?" Type of thing.

If I was to get mad would have meant I was expecting the team and staff to miraculously pull it all together after showing that they didn't have the juice all year.

I tell you what though, I almost felt like we won when Tre Mason hit 1000 yards LOL that's how pathetic our team was.

Except for J. Wallace. He really gave it his all out when called upon which is all you can ask for. And unfortunately it seemed most of the team wasn't even giving their max effort.

The only two players on that entire team that didn't lay down and give up on Auburn.  Personally, I will always admire and have a special place in my heart for those two "Tigers."

I have to be honest and admit I didn't really read the subject line in this thread. But to answer the question, no I did not.

One of the games I did not watch all of was the game against Texas A&M. And am I glad I didn't. It wasn't hard to see the team mailed in their performance. A blind man could see it in a heart beat.

Like many have said, I was at the aTm game.  I took my 4 year old son.  I have been to over 100 AU games in my life, but that was the only one I really wanted to leave early.  We would have left in the 2nd quarter, but my son wanted to watch the parachuters fly in at halftime.  Then we left.

There was a group of aTm fans sitting above us, and I noticed they were unusually quiet.  I finally told them it was okay for them to cheer for their team.  They told me they didn't want to get beat up.  I, of course, told them we (Auburn people) are not those types of fans.  As long as you keep it classy, you will have no problems with us.  I then told them that we knew we sucked, so cheer away.  They laughed and all was good.  The game was dreadful though.

On 6/29/2017 at 6:56 AM, Tiger said:

At least we can bond over the fact that we experienced the worst season in AU history lol. I mean we probably  (hopefully) will never see a train wreck like that again unless Jay Jacobs hires Rhett Lashlee or someone similar as HC in the next 3 years

Never say never. I hope we never see anything like that again, but if I've learned anything over the years, our ADept. can come up with some things that are beyond comprehension.....in a bad way.  

Nope. I actually got married the night of the Texas AM game. Because of that ( getting married and missing that beat down ) it's always a reminder that football isn't the most important thing I've got going on. As much as I love my tigers, life just "gets in the way" and I'm grateful. Hope to find a game this year to bring my son to though.

I went fishing during the 2012 Iron Bowl.    I did record it but erased it without watching a play.

Archived