Pettway vs. Clemson

StuntMan06

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StuntMan06 said:

He truly is the whole package. How he wasn't the starting RB game 1 last year is beyond me.

I don't think Bubba could master the whirlybird.

KP is the man! From the time he committed to Auburn, I was on this guy. Even when they had him in another position, I was on this guy.

HOWEVER, I sure hope they spell him occasionally. Give the young man a breather now and then. And complete enough passes to keep the D from teeing off on him. If JS can drop back without getting smothered, find receivers who can run their routes and actually make catches, KP will have a big night.

WDE!

After watching that video the thing that caught my eye was that KP doesn't need a huge hole in order to bust through. For example, the play against Ole Miss where he just seems to appear from the scrum and take it to the house. I wonder if his time as an H-Back has given him the patience to find the small hole and cut through.

13 hours ago, djg0017 said:

When KP is subbed out, who comes in and what kinda plays can we expect?

Lets be honest he's not getting subbed out unless he's hurt. he may have 20 carries in the 1st half. I wish I was joking.

39 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lets be honest he's not getting subbed out unless he's hurt. he may have 20 carries in the 1st half. I wish I was joking.

If it works I won't question it. I wouldn't mind a couple jet sweeps to Stove though

3 hours ago, McFU said:

After watching that video the thing that caught my eye was that KP doesn't need a huge hole in order to bust through. For example, the play against Ole Miss where he just seems to appear from the scrum and take it to the house. I wonder if his time as an H-Back has given him the patience to find the small hole and cut through.

Pettway is very good about pressing the LOS, forcing defenders to commit to a gap, and bouncing it outside for chunk runs. He did it constantly last year. His footwork and lateral agility are impressive for a guy his size. But his vision is as good as any RB we've had in some time. He and Tre Mason were very similar runners in that regard.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Pettway is very good about pressing the LOS, forcing defenders to commit to a gap, and bouncing it outside for chunk runs. He did it constantly last year. His footwork and lateral agility are impressive for a guy his size. But his vision is as good as any RB we've had in some time. He and Tre Mason were very similar runners in that regard.

Very good observation, and that ties back to what @Tiger was saying about KP's size coming into play when he gets to the 2nd level. 

In other words, he's not going to run through Dexter Lawrence. But if he can move laterally and get northbound, then he can make some things happen. That's still a big ask, though, because that entire DL is stout. 

I agree that it might take some quick passes and sweeps to neutralize that DL somewhat and loosen things up. But I also agree that we'll likely need the best version of KP. 

I cursed loudly when KJ got hurt and I continue to curse loudly every time I think about it. I'll not commit those words to this space, but it seriously might end up being a difference maker in this game. We're going to need extra blockers in there. Some of these less talked-about TE/HB guys might really leave their prints on this one. I love Cox to death and I see him having a role in the passing game- maybe we even get some sweet shovel screen action going?- but his blocking hasn't exactly been Prosch-like. 

16 minutes ago, ausoldiergrad said:

150+. I think he will likely go close to 200 imho, because I expect KJ to be in street clothes. I'm thinking 34 carries for 182. 

2 - 

many?

May be right.

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Very good observation, and that ties back to what @Tiger was saying about KP's size coming into play when he gets to the 2nd level. 

In other words, he's not going to run through Dexter Lawrence. But if he can move laterally and get northbound, then he can make some things happen. That's still a big ask, though, because that entire DL is stout. 

I agree that it might take some quick passes and sweeps to neutralize that DL somewhat and loosen things up. But I also agree that we'll likely need the best version of KP. 

I cursed loudly when KJ got hurt and I continue to curse loudly every time I think about it. I'll not commit those words to this space, but it seriously might end up being a difference maker in this game. We're going to need extra blockers in there. Some of these less talked-about TE/HB guys might really leave their prints on this one. I love Cox to death and I see him having a role in the passing game- maybe we even get some sweet shovel screen action going?- but his blocking hasn't exactly been Prosch-like. 

Me too. 

But Sean White's absence bothers me even more in terms of it being a potential difference maker.

21 hours ago, AUwent said:

So glad that rumor was exactly what it scared out of me ;)

I don't think it was completely a rumor. He was definitely spotted earlier this week on campus wearing a boot. It just seems the reason for the boot is more precautionary than anything. 

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, AUwent said:

I obviously do not feel the same about getting blown out/losing players to injury, but I feel like if there's one game this year we can afford to lose, it's this one.

I hope that the Clemson trainers run out of Tylenol after the game when trying to stem the massive headaches those Clemson players and coaches have after a night of Bubba brawling. He should be the poster child for any over the counter headache remedies out there.

I'm more concerned about our #2 RB than Bubba. I like Kam Martin in open space but he fumbles too much and doesn't pass catch well for my liking. I'm hoping for more of Bubba / Miller 1-2 punch at RB. 

13 hours ago, boomstick said:

I don't think it was conpletely a rumor. He was definitely spotted earlier this week on campus wearing a boot. It just seems the reason for the boot is more precautionary than anything. 

Maybe it was to give Dabo a false sense of security?

20 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yours is a fake. This is the real image....

pettway.jpg

Well, that's his problem. He has two left feet.

Archived