Rate your disdain

musicitytiger

I was kind of just saying maybe if they hear our disdain loud and clear (granted we do come out sluggish) than it could turn into the fire starter we need for the folks that are decision makers. of course if we come out playing great than thats always good. but if we run for 500 yds and have 6 running tds than it doesnt mean squat and we have more excuses. we will play the what if all year and nothing will change. 

if they do suck horribly saturday than at least we know that change will be coming and we can actually get some direction "down field". 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Tiger said:

No the message will be clearer than it is now with losses to our rivals (if we don't make changes).

13-3 at halftime embarrasses us as a program and that score will no doubt be flashed all over ESPN for everyone to see what a train wreck Auburn would be. We are still ranked #15 right now.

I want to see us dominate Mercer from start to finish, specifically through the air.

It wouldn't necessarily fair to Martin or Miller since it's a game for them to gain playing time but I wouldn't mind seeing zero running plays the entire first half just to work on passing. 

13 hours ago, doverstutts said:

yep.....I'll never forget the 1963 bammer game.    beat namath with a backup QB, 10-8.   my memory is kinda' fuzzy, but I think it was Alex Bowden filling in for JIMMY sIDLE

I don't think it was Alex  Bowden, it just hit me, it was Mailon Kent. Not sure I spelled his first name correctly.

Solid 3.  

Watching this week's Clemson game will be much more informative.  

Washing my dogs and cleaning the garage will be more entertaining.  

Mercer?  Do they even have a football field or are they always road kill?

7 hours ago, wareaglexx said:

4 - Maybe Mercer will put Gus out of his Misery. If not, then the LsU game. les miles 2.0

I really hope it does not happen like Les Miles.  Continued knee jerk reactions is how we got into this situation.  

I would like a more thought out step by step approach.  It should start by replacing the AD and then let the AD observe Gus and staff for the rest of the season and allow some time to observe potential replacements as their seasons progress.

But I'm afraid the power brokers in the Auburn organization are simply in the business of putting "butts in seats".  All they want is drama and flashy, news worthy hires to keep Auburn in the news.  

So a well thought out process to put a consistently good football team out on to the field is probably not in our future.

On 9/15/2017 at 10:50 AM, Tiger said:

No the message will be clearer than it is now with losses to our rivals (if we don't make changes).

13-3 at halftime embarrasses us as a program and that score will no doubt be flashed all over ESPN for everyone to see what a train wreck Auburn would be. We are still ranked #15 right now.

I want to see us dominate Mercer from start to finish, specifically through the air.

I can't believe my prediction was too much. anybody there booing yet?!? well we did just score to make it 17-3. yippee!

Just now, beaumak said:

I can't believe my prediction was too much. anybody there booing yet?!? well we did just score to make it 17-3. yippee!

Dude I thought of you at the half but I am glad nobody boo'd...at least from what I could tell from the broadcast

The game was called by Chip today.  I saw some good things and saw JS get some confidence.  The turnovers killed us and we would have scored 50 plus without them. Would have liked to see a td pass by JS but the int should have been caught by NCM.  I mean it is embarrassing only beating a team like Mercer by 14 but it is a win which we played a lot of people and turned the ball over 5 times.  Without the turnovers the game score looks like it should have.  I like Pettway running that wildcat.

People that are panicking need to realize we turned the ball over 5 times or the score would have been much different.  We definitely have to fix thiat which it has to be an emphasis in practice this week.

Gus has lost me. I'm over him. The team either can't hit water out of a boat or they show they aren't a disciplined team. It just depends what week and who the opponent is.

15 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

The game was called by Chip today.  I saw some good things and saw JS get some confidence.  The turnovers killed us and we would have scored 50 plus without them. Would have liked to see a td pass by JS but the int should have been caught by NCM.  I mean it is embarrassing only beating a team like Mercer by 14 but it is a win which we played a lot of people and turned the ball over 5 times.  Without the turnovers the game score looks like it should have.  I like Pettway running that wildcat.

People that are panicking need to realize we turned the ball over 5 times or the score would have been much different.  We definitely have to fix thiat which it has to be an emphasis in practice this week.

I know I'm new here and don't have much 'cred' (but have been a fan for 40 years) but are you for real?? How can any Auburn fan feel 'good' about anything from today's game? I'm sick to my stomach knowing we're going to get our a*^#% spanked again this year by the SEC big boys and the smaller ones too! How are so many posters on here ok with mediocrity! Yeah we won so what! Does anybody have any faith that our problems will get fixed by the time we play the big boys? 

28 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Game was definitively called by Chip today, at one point Stidham was standing on the sidelines with someone with a headset on (not sure who), and Chip was calling the plays down to him and he was relaying information to Stidham. It was a painful game to watch, but without the turnovers, penalties, missed field goals, it wouldn't have been close, but a lot to clean up this week.

3 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

I know I'm new here and don't have much 'cred' (but have been a fan for 40 years) but are you for real?? How can any Auburn fan feel 'good' about anything from today's game? I'm sick to my stomach knowing we're going to get our a*^#% spanked again this year by the SEC big boys and the smaller ones too! How are so many posters on here ok with mediocrity! Yeah we won so what! Does anybody have any faith that our problems will get fixed by the time we play the big boys? 

I didn't say I feel good.  I feel good about the execution on offense.  If not for 5 turnovers we are not having this discussion.  I have said what I believe will happen undefeated until the Iron Bowl.  Just wait and let season play out.  I am not feeling good at all about winning by 14 to Mercer.  I am simply happy that we executed our offense we rean all spring and summer pretty good today.

2 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Game was definitively called by Chip today, at one point Stidham was standing on the sidelines with someone with a headset on (not sure who), and Chip was calling the plays down to him and he was relaying information to Stidham. It was a painful game to watch, but without the turnovers, penalties, missed field goals, it wouldn't have been close, but a lot to clean up this week.

This.  This is what I am saying.  WHat is the deal with all the negative shite if Gus doesn't win 9 and bama or UGA and bowl he is gone.  Lets see how this plays out.  I believe a lot of people are going to be surprised.

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

This.  This is what I am saying.  WHat is the deal with all the negative shite if Gus doesn't win 9 and bama or UGA and bowl he is gone.  Lets see how this plays out.  I believe a lot of people are going to be surprised.

Because UGA LSU and Bama MATTER!! They're not having 8 and 9 win seasons over there. They're competing for NCs every year! I don't wanna see how everything 'plays out' and then be on the receiving end of a 10 year win streak like the 70s!! 

13 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

IMO, this team has National championship talent on it. through three games, it hasn't clicked yet. First game is basically a bye. Second game was winnable by 2+ TD but Gus couldn't adjust. Third game was lack of offensive focus, something I pin on the offensive coaches. Also ran KP 34 times when dealing w nagging injury.  All coaching IMO.

Man I hope at any point the offense turns around but from all phases combined, I didn't see it today. The passing game did look different today though.

10 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

Because UGA LSU and Bama MATTER!! They're not having 8 and 9 win seasons over there. They're competing for NCs every year! I don't wanna see how everything 'plays out' and then be on the receiving end of a 10 year win streak like the 70s!! 

You made your point.  You think we are terrible we know.  I have a different opinion we will see who is right.

24 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Really?  Because we have a very talented team projected to potentially win it all and they have been a mess on offense.  And going 8-4 and losing every yr to lsu, uga, bama is not acceptable.  Why did they play only one back who is also not 100%?  Good luck recruiting RBs and TEs

6 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Really?  Because we have a very talented team projected to potentially win it all and they have been a mess on offense.  And going 8-4 and losing every yr to lsu, uga, bama is not acceptable.  Why did they play only one back who is also not 100%?  Good luck recruiting RBs and TEs

What kid in his right mind would come to AU as a TE?

Archived