Sign in to follow this  
stoic-one

Lowering the temperature on the 800 pound gorilla

Recommended Posts

McLoofus    3,609
1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

but proper etiquette and common courtesy can hamper correct and effective communication.

I do try to excuse/apologize whenever I type something like HUNH or WILLCO, but it's a pain.

Only the most exceedingly decent would feel the need to excuse or apologize for the excessive volume of a properly capitalized acronym. Fortunately for us, you are exceedingly decent. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




AUld fAUx@    1,120
5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Only the most exceedingly decent would feel the need to excuse or apologize for the excessive volume of a properly capitalized acronym. Fortunately for us, you are exceedingly decent. 

 

Thanks, but not really.

Just a crusty old former editor frustrated by changing protocols in a changing world. It's merely a pain.

1st thread I've noted where unloading would be on-topic.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McLoofus    3,609
Just now, AUld fAUx@ said:

Thanks, but not really.

Just a crusty old former editor frustrated by changing protocols in a changing world. It's merely a pain.

1st thread I've noted where unloading would be on-topic.

If I ever remove arse from sofa and finally get my support group going for those mourning the true definition of the word literally, I'll be sure to message you privately.

(Wait, though... is HUNH not a properly capitalized acronym? Should we just start a grammar nazi sub in All Things Considered and continue this conversation/get the support group started there?)

War Eagle, anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUld fAUx@    1,120
10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If I ever remove arse from sofa and finally get my support group going for those mourning the true definition of the word literally, I'll be sure to message you privately.

(Wait, though... is HUNH not a properly capitalized acronym? Should we just start a grammar nazi sub in All Things Considered and continue this conversation/get the support group started there?)

War Eagle, anyway. 

actually HUNH is a properly capitalized acronym, and 

POS is a properly capitalized abbreviation.

Latter is not an acronym unless it's to be pronounced "poss." (another peeve, while I've got the proper stage)

War Eagle back.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1913-14    160
3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Dude. I don't know you or care to but you came at me. By all means please ignore me. No need to respond just ignore me.

I came at the quote and it's hypocrisy as it was stated originally...I just played off of your repetition...I think the ALL CAPS stuff is silly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this