Two Top 10 Teams Lost Tonight...

AUfaninNM

Major upsets......looks like nobody is safe.   I was suspicious of WSU....but never dreamed of the Clemson outcome.

They have problems until Bryant is able to run again.  He's was barely a DT with his spotty passing...now he is a NT (no threat) QB.

3 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Just win against LSU and the rest of the schedule and the rankings will take care of themselves. :beer2:

Yep. Probably the only upside to finishing the regular season against two top 5 teams.

Still fun to see the path grow clearer.

If we play today like we’re capable of playing I would say we move up to the 7-8 range. If we continue to play at this level the rest of the season, November could be incredible.

Big question is whether Clemson drops lower than #4 in the polls, and even if they do I believe they'll still be in the top 4 when the first playoff rankings come out. "They" want Clemson in there...

9 minutes ago, CircleDrill said:

Big question is whether Clemson drops lower than #4 in the polls, and even if they do I believe they'll still be in the top 4 when the first playoff rankings come out. "They" want Clemson in there...

Who is "they".....the committee is pretty diverse and I can't imagine that Clemson has any particular fans....unless they snap out of it and win out.    Clemson is like us in my view....every game is an "elimination" game from here on out.

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

We just have to beat Saban and son of Saban.

Then We're golden. Then we will need to beat them again.

I'm pulling hard for UF tonight to beat A&M, and if UF can upset UGA at the Cocktail Party then maybe we get to play UF in ATL instead of 2 against the bullpuppies. 

Just now, alexava said:

I think clempson will drop lower than # 4. Just guessing....

What did Michigan drop...10 places or something?......but Clemson might catch a break because of the QB injury....and maybe WSU and whoever else loses today who was supposed to win.  

I'm thinking to about 7 or 8 maybe.

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

Major upsets......looks like nobody is safe.   I was suspicious of WSU....but never dreamed of the Clemson outcome.

They have problems until Bryant is able to run again.  He's was barely a DT with his spotty passing...now he is a NT (no threat) QB.

That was not the Wazzou that I watched in several previous games.  Their defense kept them in the game, but the offense kept turning the ball over whenever they got something going.  Defense eventually gets tired, and theirs did.  Basically, they played like Auburn did against Mercer, except they were facing a team that could turn it into an upset.

I am still amazed at what Mike Leach has accomplished at one of the Pac-12's worst programs.

6 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

That was not the Wazzou that I watched in several previous games.  Their defense kept them in the game, but the offense kept turning the ball over whenever they got something going.  Defense eventually gets tired, and theirs did.  Basically, they played like Auburn did against Mercer, except they were facing a team that could turn it into an upset.

I am still amazed at what Mike Leach has accomplished at one of the Pac-12's worst programs.

Leach has a history of some poor seasons, a couple mediocre seasons then a good season followed by a mediocre season or two ......and then through the same path again. ..something like 10 seasons of 8 wins or less.   

Nice to see him doing well ....but let's see what WSU looks like in a couple years.  

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Leach has a history of some poor seasons, a couple mediocre seasons then a good season followed by a mediocre season or two ......and then through the same path again. ..something like 10 seasons of 8 wins or less.   

Nice to see him doing well ....but let's see what WSU looks like in a couple years.  

7 wins in his first two years at Texas Tech, then a bunch of 8-9 win seasons, punctuated with a highlight of 11-2.  Texas Tech, another bad program.  At the end of the day, you are not going to sustain success in any P5 conference with a roster composed of 2-3* talent.  He does tend to manage to do rather well with what he could get at Texas Tech and Wazzou.

Archived