What happened Saturday? Persepctive (LSU)

StatTiger

25 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

You know, I would not be surprised if Ole Miss wins this weekend with Lsu. Seriously guys.  Lsu will lose to the turds, TAMU, Ole Miss with their other SEC win Arky. A 7-5 record will keep their village idiot around for another season. Coach O is an idiot no doubt and should have 3 more loses on his watch.

We will go 7-5 or 6-6 no doubt. If we go 8-4 and beat TAMU and lose to Uga & bammer, who knows with Gus.  I hope we win out as should any Auburn fan.  If Gus pulls that off, then yes he deserves another season.  I do think 8-4 is on the fence and 7-5 or 6-6 will send him on his way into the announcer booth or the HC at Arkansas. Butthead is gone after this season and that is pretty much a given.  We need to promote "Send Gus to the Porkers for 2018" They would hire him in a flash IMHO.

There are some good coaches out there that would come with the right $$$$$$.

1. PJ Fleck ($5 million gets him)

2. Mark Richt ($5 million gets him plus he would love to get back to the SEC and do an number on the mutts)

3. Gundy OSU

4. Jeff Brohm (Purdue great offensive mind )

5. Les Miles (who knows he might come but worry about his conservative tendencies)

6. Dino Babers (Syracuse great offensive mind and put it to Clemson)

7. Peterson (Washington enough $$$$$ would work)

8. Brent Venables (Could be a great HC given the chance)

9. Dan Mullen (could be a great hire and with the caliber of talent at Auburn vs MSU could be huge )

10. ???????? leave this one open

What do you think it would take to get Stoops out of retirement?  

I was thinking the exact same thing about trying to run the clock instead of trying to put more points up. That might have been OK until LSU scored and closed the gap to 23-14, but after that, it was just plain stupid to try to continue down that path. You don't go into the half with a 9-point lead that just shrunk from 23 points and tell the players that "We're in good shape". Malzahn's logic totally escapes me sometimes.

5 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

about $6,500,000.00 would have him in the Loveliest Village no later than midnight! I think he would go for this amount no doubt. He would be a great choice. The ones I mentioned would do a nice job and have us in the top 10 yearly.

8 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

That's just it, he doesn't coach like a D1 coach; more like a H.S coach. :dunno:

True; but I don't kow may H.S. coaches that would sit on a lead as early as the second quarter. Not to mention at a place where you're team/college has an embarrasing losing streak.

• Like 1

This loss had nothing to do with the QB or the QB play. It was totally bad coaching, bad coaching, and bad coaching. I thought he learned his lesson last year to let his O Coordinator call the offense. Obviously he didn't learn his lesson and is meddling again. This game was full of absolutely the worst coaching decisions ever made. No real coach sits on a 20 pt lead in the first half, much less the beginning of the second quarter. 

who the hell takes a QB with a great arm and accuracy and doesn't throw intermediate passes? You can tell that the deep passes and the bubble screen passes were all coach called passes. Because no QB wants to throw bombs all day for such a low % attempt. Or throw the ball behind the line of scrimmage on a 3rd and 10 play. The only time this happens is when the coach says throw this pass or tuck it and run, or take a sac. All bad coaching. 

Furthermore a QB change to get the freshmen some reps isn't necessarily a good thing. Gus has ruined more that one QB by putting him in in the redzone to run the readoption, rather to run the football only to ruin the QB's confidence and destroy the QB forever. 

Gus needs to relinquish all play calling forever and never be allowed to make game time decisions, period. It's obvious he can't make a good call ever. It takes the croud booing him for him to go for it on 4th and 1 in the redzone, anywhere else on the field and he refuses to try for it no matter how much booing the cloud does. Second the offense can war0 speed down the field wear out the defense and as soon as we reach the redzone he's swapping out players giving the defense the chance to do the same resulting in no TD and a field goal try. Not to mention running the same running play 3 times in a row resulting in no gain or more often than not loss of yards...

Not even high school coaches make these horrible mistakes.

Full fledged dumpster fire! 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2017 at 5:24 PM, fredst said:

Damn, dude, I’m impressed with your resilience and tenacity if nothing else, lol. Truly one of the last off of the flaming bus

572BD848-8FCC-439D-8341-926BF8A80506.jpeg

I was another one of the last few jumping off that scorching bus in the second half of the LSU game!  But just as it was with my ex wife a few years back...when I'm done, I'M DONE!

23 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I would probably stop watching AU football if Mullen or Stoops came to AU.

• Like 3

Just now, 1856 said:

I would probably stop watching AU football if Mullen or Stoops came to AU.

yeah, I can't decide if I would like the Stoops hire or not.  On 1 hand he is an arrogant a**hole.  But on the other hand he has coached up some good teams that play solid ball.  I would stop watching if Mullen was hired.

Just now, lkeel75 said:

yeah, I can't decide if I would like the Stoops hire or not.  On 1 hand he is an arrogant a**hole.  But on the other hand he has coached up some good teams that play solid ball.  I would stop watching if Mullen was hired.

I don't want a head coach that looks like Cousin Eddie trying to dodge a ceiling fan.

Only good thing about Stoops - bama would absolutely hate it.  

Edited by 1856
  • Haha 1

The old saw: Stupid is as stupid does.  We should give an aptitude test when hiring coaches.  JJ is Pat Dyes boy and has made a royal mess of Auburn. 

I hope Gus' seat is on fire after losing a 20 point lead to a crappy LSU team who's going to get blasted by Alabama and 1 or 2 other teams.

Edited by auburn4ever

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, tbone4jc said:

I was CGM supporter up until the second half of the LSU game. I'm done with the shananagans. We have way too much talent on this team. These kids who believed in him enough to commit to Auburn and this is the reward they get?! These kids, the former pkayers, the assistant coaches, alum and the fans deserve much better than this. 

The players are not the problem at gametime...it is the coaching. The talent and plays are there, but CGM is not showing any confidence in them to continue playing at the level "he" stresses at the start of each game to "start fast". He needs to add continue "fast" until the clock has run out. Coaching cost us that game and there is no other reason. How long can he, Malzhan, keep the players attention, if he will not allow them a chance to win.