Moving Forward

OnthePlains

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

Bottom line is none of us have any control over what happens  so where does the Auburn program go from here?  

We do if we stop going to the games. Saturdays bring a lot of money into AU. I won't spend a cent in Auburn until Malzahn is gone. This includes basketball and baseball. 

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Anybody know why we were hesitant with smart? I have always wondered that 

All I've heard is that he wanted absolute control...ability to hire and fire anyone related to football. Saban like control and that didn't fly.  That was the rumor at least. It worked out for him though

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

All I've heard is that he wanted absolute control...ability to hire and fire anyone related to football. Saban like control and that didn't fly.  That was the rumor at least. It worked out for him though

Holy crap...

53 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

I think another question needs to be answered . I for one do not want Jacobs making another hire . How strong are the chances Jacobs get the axe before December ?

I'd say 100 %

I think a lot of where we go from here depends on the injuries.  Losing Dunn and Matthews on top of those that were already out was critical yesterday and it will be going forward.  I think we beat Arky and UL Monroe.  A&M is a toss up but I give them the advantage playing at home.  UGA and Bammer are much better than us.  Looks like 7 -5 to me.  I see no way Gus hangs on with that scenario.  

I'm just ready for Gus to go. I've never been one to call for his job. I've always have him the benefit of the doubt. After Clemson this year I blamed our OL & Stidham's lack of game time....but after yesterday, HECK NO. Many posters said there would be no excuse if we lost yesterday, and I'm sticking to that. Gus has to go. Sooner the better. He was out coached by Ed O. I mean, really. Bye bye Gus. Hope he pulls a Gary Anderson. 

A lot of people were mad at me back in 2015 during that JSU game that I hope we lost, and I’d just like to show them the timeline we live in now where we’ve had several losses that are actually more embarrassing than that one could’ve been. We could’ve hired someone back in 2015 that would already be in year 2 of their cycle (maybe Kirby!!!) and showing the country auburn isn’t a joke. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Holy crap...

A lot of people had the gall to pretend as if that was unreasonable at the time. I think they were just more so hurt by how integrated he was into the Alabama success back when. I was too to some degree but the dream that we could’ve fielded a team annually that would be close as dominant as some of the ones he’s been on (has a Richt, Saban, and Bobby pedigree!!) had me thinking. Currently looks like the next great head coach and ended up landing only a few dozens of miles away....life of an Auburn fan

I thought Kirby wanted more information than we were willing to give to a guy who may not get hired and run back to our biggest rival with a microscopic and detailed view of our entire program.

Honestly at the time it was the right move not giving Smart those details. Hiring Gus at that time, though yielding an SEC Championship and a #2 finish, was not the right move for the long term health of our program.

As a school that has almost always hired "Up and Coming" coaches that we ended up firing, it's now apparent that we shunned a for-real "Up and Coming" coach: Kirby Smart.  We let him slip right away.  And chose Gus Malzahn.

Oh, the pain.

21 hours ago, milehighfan said:

If Gus the Great is given the boot, and IMO it won't come fast enough, how much consideration will be, would be, should be given to Heath Evans?

The answer is: before Evans made the tweet, was he even on the coaching radar? Answer: no

I'm still in the bargaining phase so I suppose going forward means I'll be throwing one up there for some divine intervention...?

Guess I just love Auburn more than I hate Gus

Archived