2018 5* OT Nicholas Petit-Frere

ellitor

I watched the first half he actually would get his hands on the DE with his initial punch but there wasn't any force behind it so it didn't stop the DE. Wherever he goes he will need to get on a strength program to add some power to his punch. He has potential but unless he was injured as some people said he would not be ready year 1.  That said I would still love to get him.  I realize that there isn't much chance of that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I watched the first half he actually would get his hands on the DE with his initial punch but there wasn't any force behind it so it didn't stop the DE. Wherever he goes he will need to get on a strength program to add some power to his punch. He has potential but unless he was injured as some people said he would not be ready year 1.  That said I would still love to get him.  I realize that there isn't much chance of that.

He may have good potential but second last play of the game , the D-end was past him before he even got out of his stance . D-line always has advantage in these games ,so tough to tell . Guess another good question would be what kind of competition he played against on high school ?

11 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

what kind of competition he played against on high school ?

3A Florida is descent ball.

17 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

He may have good potential but second last play of the game , the D-end was past him before he even got out of his stance . D-line always has advantage in these games ,so tough to tell . Guess another good question would be what kind of competition he played against on high school ?

The DE ran around him all night long......the DE ;/ LB was quick of course but most of the time it was as if the DE knew the snap count and NFP was waiting on the first move from the DE.    Barely even touched him and he's the left tackle.....supposed to protect the QB......not impressed at all.  JMO 

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The DE ran around him all night long......the DE ;/ LB was quick of course but most of the time it was as if the DE knew the snap count and NFP was waiting on the first move from the DE.    Barely even touched him and he's the left tackle.....supposed to protect the QB......not impressed at all.  JMO 

I'm in the 2nd quarter & haven't seen NPF play much at all. He is 78. The one Cox whipped early is 77 Richard Gouraige, another major AU yarget.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm in the 2nd quarter & haven't seen NPF play much at all. He is 78. The one Cox whipped early is 77 Richard Gouraige, another major AU yarget.

78 was the one I noticed....did not watch all the game but got more interested when JG was getting some time.   That bama kid looked like a handful on the other team Amora or something like that.....quick as could be....ready to play IMO. 

What little I watched, I noticed that NPF and RG both looked terribly inept. Don't know if that is common in these games or not, but obviously neither impressed!

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

78 was the one I noticed....did not watch all the game but got more interested when JG was getting some time.   That bama kid looked like a handful on the other team Amora or something like that.....quick as could be....ready to play IMO. 

Yeah. NPF was lazy with his feet a couple of times. That could have been due to the foot injury he had in the week.

To the other poster who said NPF had a weak punch. Not sure how accurate that is. That will happen when you have poor footwork either by habit or injury. A lot of power even on punches comes from your lower body.

54 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That bama kid looked like a handful on the other team Amora or something like that.....quick as could be....ready to play

That's an understatement.  Maybe we can still flip Q Walker.  Bama is has crazy depth, Walker is going to sit for 2 years I bet

6 minutes ago, Beaker said:

That's an understatement.  Maybe we can still flip Q Walker.  Bama is has crazy depth, Walker is going to sit for 2 years I bet

That hasn’t stopped Foster, Hamilton, Evans, Wilson, et al from going there. And, honestly, it’s worked out well for them. Hurts to say that, dammit.but I’m REALLY hoping QW ends up at AU. C’mon T-Will, work your magic!!!!

4 hours ago, fredst said:

That hasn’t stopped Foster, Hamilton, Evans, Wilson, et al from going there. And, honestly, it’s worked out well for them. Hurts to say that, dammit.but I’m REALLY hoping QW ends up at AU. C’mon T-Will, work your magic!!!!

We have to quit worrying about Bama and just kick *** ourselves. Georgia is killing it now too. We are hanging in there in the 2018 recruiting rankings. We need to continue this and improve upon it as well as coach the Kids up. It can be done. 

So what are our chances here? Could really use some talent on the OL

On 1/5/2018 at 4:16 PM, ellitor said:

Yeah. NPF was lazy with his feet a couple of times. That could have been due to the foot injury he had in the week.

To the other poster who said NPF had a weak punch. Not sure how accurate that is. That will happen when you have poor footwork either by habit or injury. A lot of power even on punches comes from your lower body.

I said it and you are probably right as the the reason.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:02 AM, Zeek said:

So what are our chances here? Could really use some talent on the OL

Still a long shot IMO but gaining steam with others.

Let me prefix this statement with I did not see the game nor have I seen this kid in person, but...

Based on what people are saying in this thread and the highlights, this kid really seems like a 5* that is not going to pan out like others.  It seems to me that an uncommitted 5* would want to show out at the all-american games.  You are going against the best, don't you want to show you are the best.

Again, just a 30,000 ft opinion.  

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Still a long shot IMO but gaining steam with others.

Thanks for being patient with me E lol I apologise for making you repeat yourself.

13 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Let me prefix this statement with I did not see the game nor have I seen this kid in person, but...

Based on what people are saying in this thread and the highlights, this kid really seems like a 5* that is not going to pan out like others.  It seems to me that an uncommitted 5* would want to show out at the all-american games.  You are going against the best, don't you want to show you are the best.

Again, just a 30,000 ft opinion.  

Remember he got injured during the practice week. Just putting that out there.

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Thanks for being patient with me E lol I apologise for making you repeat yourself.

No worries Z.

Just now, ellitor said:

Remember he got injured during the practice week. Just putting that out there.

Oh yeah.  I forgot about that.  Good point.

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

Need more posts from you since you seem to interact with people with respect.  Look forward to it

15 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Need more posts from you since you seem to interact with people with respect.  Look forward to it

as opposed to less from me since I do not show people respect right my man?! lol 

tenor.gif?itemid=7906026

Archived