6. Auburn

7. Ole Miss

8. Kentucky

9. Georgia

10.Arkansas

11.  Missouri

12. South Carolina

13. Mississippi State

We only have 3 senior starters.  The Wallace transfer was big.  Cooper will be missed.  We should be strong in pitching area and that may improve our chances of a higher finish.  Picking Florida is a no brainer but they are not a regular season foe this year, however we do play the other 4 teams listed above us.  Predictions are good for conversation but we will se how this plays out.

A site called College Sports Madness has a dedicated softball area and they do a annual ranking beginning 44 days out starting with their # 44 team.  They have now reached day/team 16 and up to this date 6 SEC teams are listed and they happen to be the bottom 6 above.  The main difference from the SEC coaches poll is their somewhat higher projection of South Carolina but there is a fairly tight grouping # 28-36 as shown below.

#36  Miss. State

#34 Missouri

#32 Arkansas

#31 Georgia

# 28 South Carolina

#19 Kentucky.

In their poll there are 15 more slots and 7 more SEC teams that will appear.

I realize there is another thread essentially on this same subject ( started 1 day after this one) and maybe mods can join the two.  I continued here because I had the teams listed in the original post and thought it would be easier to follow the comparison national poll by College Sports Madness.   

Archived