Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WWE NEWS

REPORT: Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey pulled from WWE Survivor Series

Published on 

UPDATE: Fightful reports that Lynch suffered a broken nose and is believed to have suffered a concussion during the brawl that closed out Raw. WWE has yet to issue a statement. The broken nose and apparent concussion happened after she took a shot from Nia Jax that cut her open. There is heat on Jax for this.

ORIGINAL: There aren’t many details available but, according to a report from Sean Ross Sapp at Fightful.com, the Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey match has been pulled from Sunday’s Survivor Series pay-per-view.

Lynch had her nose busted open in the show-closing angle on Monday Night Raw but she seemed fine as she walked to the backstage area. I suppose the match could have been cancelled if she needs to get surgery for a broken nose. We’ll pass along more information when it becomes available but this obviously throws a huge wrench into WWE’s plans because Rousey vs. Lynch came across as the biggest match on the show.

Sapp says the sentiment about this news is “sh** happens.”

I thought it looked like a real busted nose, but then again you never know.  That made it so much better.  She straight sold it.  Becky was a bad**s last night. That stinks.  It was easily the best build up for the PPV. It actually saves the WWE from killing momentum for either lady, but I really wanted to see which way they went with it. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

RIP one of the best to ever do it

Hard to believe it has been that long. Love him or hate him, you have to respect his dedication to the business. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

I thought it looked like a real busted nose, but then again you never know.  That made it so much better.  Becky was a bad**s last night. That stinks.  It was easily the best build up for the PPV. It actually saves the WWE from killing momentum for either lady, but I really wanted to see which way they went with it. 

It was going to main event too most likely. This freaking blows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

It was going to main event too most likely. This freaking blows.

Have to tune in to see tonight.  Hey at least in my book, Becky 1 and Ronda 0. I would love for Jaxx to own the punch and use that as a build for Ronda vs Jax title shot next PPV. Ronda could build off being upset she couldn't prove her worth vs Becky and Jax could build off saving Ronda the embarrassment by taking her out herself. Just a thought. 

Have to tune in to see tonight.  Hey at least in my book, Becky 1 and Ronda 0. I would love for Jaxx to own the punch and use that as a build for Ronda vs Jax title shot next PPV. Ronda could build off being upset she couldn't prove her worth vs Becky and Jax could build off saving Ronda the embarrassment by taking her out herself. Just a thought. 

Jaxx ass should be released. Only reason she has not by now is she is Rockys cousin. She is the most reckless man or woman on the roster. She brings NOTHING to the table. I am sick of her. All she does is injures people and have awful matches.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jaxx ass should be released. Only reason she has not by now is she is Rockys cousin. She is the most reckless man or woman on the roster. She brings NOTHING to the table. I am sick of her. All she does is injures people and have awful matches.

That is truth. Maybe they find a way to strip her title shot. 

• Thanks 1

Confirmed to start Smackdown, and video shown with Jax straight up slugging her in face! Just stupid. 

• Angry 1

@GwillMac6 Boom! My girl chose your girl to take on Ronda. Tagging you in Bro! Wooooooooo! 

IMG_0917.JPG

Edited by AUBwins
Becky vs Ronda Wrestlemania, heard it here first!
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

@GwillMac6 Boom! My girl chose your girl to take on Ronda. Tagging you in Bro! Wooooooooo! 

IMG_0917.JPG

I AM PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!!!! They are blowing their load on what has been basically the planned mania main event on a throw away survivor series match with no build?!??!?! WTF WWE?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? lol and it is not like she is going to win anyways!!!!!! 

• Haha 1

HOWEVER I AM EXTREMELYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PLEASED with how smackdown ended!!!!!! HELLLLLLLLLLL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BABY!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the jolt the survivor series card needed.

• Love 1

That's why I didn't suggest Charlotte replace her,  because I figured they would want the Mania match.  I mean who else could they have legitimately put in there. Charlotte is the only one on that level right now.  But your right, I would be surprised if the Queen wins now. Nia really screwed it up.   I think Crazy D Bryan could take it to Brock. Your right, it is a good jolt in the arm for the PPV.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

That's why I didn't suggest Charlotte replace her,  because I figured they would want the Mania match.  I mean who else could they have legitimately put in there. Charlotte is the only one on that level right now.  But your right, I would be surprised if the Queen wins now. Nia really screwed it up.   I think Crazy D Bryan could take it to Brock. Your right, it is a good jolt in the arm for the PPV.

Yah they had no choice because no one else on the smackdown roster is even close to that level. Asuka would be but they have completely mis handled her since she lost to Charlotte at mania. That would of been a awesome match as well. O WELL this will just be my mania. My 2 favorite wrestlers in the 2 marquee matches on the card. As a D Bry super fan this is a dream match long in the making. I hope Lesnar actually GAF for this match and shows he somewhat cares. It could be 1 hell of a match.

• Love 1

23 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Woohoo, Becky Lynch just took it to another level on Raw as the Smackdown women invade. Busted up and taking it to Ronda in the locker room with her arm bar and in the ring with a chair.  I think she has taken to this heel role, but it's hilarious that she still has so much support from fans as a heel.  Same here.  Big fan of hers.

She gets so much Support because she’s not a true heel. She’s playing the female role of Stone Cold before he turned true heel by aligning with Vinny Mac.

gotta say Rhonda is cutting some damn good promos though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

She gets so much Support because she’s not a true heel. She’s playing the female role of Stone Cold before he turned true heel by aligning with Vinny Mac.

gotta say Rhonda is cutting some damn good promos though

Becky to me is a hybrid of 2013 Daniel Bryan and Attitude era Stone Cold. easily the coolest and best character in wwe right now. I WANT WANT WANT one of those THE MAN shirts. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Damn it Nia Jax. She has a reputation of being stiff with the other wrestlers in the ring and this only makes it worse. I really wish she would learn to be a better wrestler.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I thought it looked like a real busted nose, but then again you never know.  That made it so much better.  She straight sold it.  Becky was a bad**s last night. That stinks.  It was easily the best build up for the PPV. It actually saves the WWE from killing momentum for either lady, but I really wanted to see which way they went with it. 

Probably would’ve had Nia Jax and Tamina interfere so that both women wouldn’t  have their momentum slowed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Probably would’ve had Nia Jax and Tamina interfere so that both women wouldn’t  have their momentum slowed. 

Agree there would likely have been no ending. 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I would love for Jaxx to own the punch and use that as a build for Ronda vs Jax title shot next PPV. Ronda could build off being upset she couldn't prove her worth vs Becky and Jax could build off saving Ronda the embarrassment by taking her out herself. Just a thought. 

Honestly given Nia screwed up and proved yet again she’s unsafe to work with I don’t see how it’s going to be anything but a squash match with Ronda destroying Nia.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Honestly given Nia screwed up and proved yet again she’s unsafe to work with I don’t see how it’s going to be anything but a squash match with Ronda destroying Nia.

I actually thought it might be a squash before all of this.  Very disappointed Nia was chosen to be #1 contender. 

14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That is truth. Maybe they find a way to strip her title shot. 

Don’t. Let Ronda beat dat ass!

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

I actually thought it might be a squash before all of this.  Very disappointed Nia was chosen to be #1 contender. 

Yup! Should have been Ember 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup! Should have been Ember 

Absolutely. I like her style and she has one of the best finishers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I AM PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!!!! They are blowing their load on what has been basically the planned mania main event on a throw away survivor series match with no build?!??!?! WTF WWE?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? lol and it is not like she is going to win anyways!!!!!! 

Well that’s what happens when they tanked Asuka since Wrestlemani not giving them another option.

Saw where I just repeated you. Muuuuh bad!

Edited by ellitor
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah they had no choice because no one else on the smackdown roster is even close to that level. Asuka would be but they have completely mis handled her since she lost to Charlotte at mania. That would of been a awesome match as well. O WELL this will just be my mania. My 2 favorite wrestlers in the 2 marquee matches on the card. As a D Bry super fan this is a dream match long in the making. I hope Lesnar actually GAF for this match and shows he somewhat cares. It could be 1 hell of a match.

I think he will & it will be a good match. Brock sold AJ well last year helping to make that a real good match.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well that’s what happens when they tanked Asuka since Wrestlemani not giving them another option.

Saw where I just repeated you. Muuuuh bad!

hahahaha GREAT GREAT use of the word MUUUUUUH!!!! lol

• Thanks 1