Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

5 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Is that Kenny Omega?

Pre "Cleaner" Omega when he did that stupid azz hadouken move from his favorite game Street Fighter & Ryu.

3 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

This isn't meant to knock current wrestling but it's an annoyance I have with wrestling today. I get that today's wrestlers are more athletic and can do more moves in the ring than guys did 20 years ago but the thing that bothers me now are all the false finishes they do now. It seems like in this decade, the 2010's, for whatever reason false finishes have been overused in matches. It's ok to do every once in awhile but it just seems nowadays in every other match, especially title matches, there's about 10 false finishes. 

Maybe it's because I'm older or I just didn't pay as close attention years ago but when I watched matches in the 90's and 2000's, guys didn't just use their finisher more than once except on occasion to win a match. And when they did use their finishing move more than once, it was for a big match or special occasion. I know Stone Cold did the Stunner on the Rock more than once when they faced each other at different WM's. Undertaker Tombstoned Kane 3 times at WM 14 in 1998. He didn't do that all the time or at every WM. Now guys use their finisher like 2-3 times before they'll win a match. And it's like that every week or at every PPV. now.  It gets really old after awhile and it just seems lazy and uncreative imo.

But I'm sure I'm in the minority about that.

Your not in the minority there my friend. That's why many wrestling fans like me have supplimented their WWE watching w/ the great talent there with watching other promotions because the match stories are being told a lot better overall right now. FFs are heavily a WWE thing & yet another reason their writers are lazy as crap & suck right now. It happens in Indys but nowhere near as much. For example, when Kenny hits the One-Winged Angel it's Game Over. Same with "The Rainmaker" except Kenny kicking out 1 time I think.

4 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

As someone who has been a longtime viewer of TNA, I'll throw out another name who's big in ROH. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. I always liked watching his matches in TNA. Him and AJ Styles use to have classics in TNA. 

I love CD. He does great work & has a hand in helping train a good number of the better wrestlers out there today. Not sure he'll ever get enough credit for it but he should be a WWE Hall of Famer someday based on his contributions he's made to the talent we see in the business today. AJ Styles is the first one to admit training & running with CD is a big factor in who he is & has been in his career.

That reminds me. There's yet another WWE booking decision I doin't understand. I have all the respect in the world for Jeff Hardy. In his prime & when he was sober he was one of the most entertaining performers ever. However how do you not put one of the best in the world & of all time in AJ Styles coming off a 370 something day run as champ in Survivor Series?...unless you are setting up an eventual move for AJ to Raw or he has some kind of injury.

14 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

This isn't meant to knock current wrestling but it's an annoyance I have with wrestling today. I get that today's wrestlers are more athletic and can do more moves in the ring than guys did 20 years ago but the thing that bothers me now are all the false finishes they do now. It seems like in this decade, the 2010's, for whatever reason false finishes have been overused in matches. It's ok to do every once in awhile but it just seems nowadays in every other match, especially title matches, there's about 10 false finishes. 

Maybe it's because I'm older or I just didn't pay as close attention years ago but when I watched matches in the 90's and 2000's, guys didn't just use their finisher more than once except on occasion to win a match. And when they did use their finishing move more than once, it was for a big match or special occasion. I know Stone Cold did the Stunner on the Rock more than once when they faced each other at different WM's. Undertaker Tombstoned Kane 3 times at WM 14 in 1998. He didn't do that all the time or at every WM. Now guys use their finisher like 2-3 times before they'll win a match. And it's like that every week or at every PPV. now.  It gets really old after awhile and it just seems lazy and uncreative imo.

But I'm sure I'm in the minority about that.

Fully agree and that drives me crazy,  kicking out of a finisher should be a rare thing at a big time PPV title match.  That's why it is called a finisher. Brock hitting 5 F5s to beat Stroman was a joke.  I also don't like regular moves being a finisher.  Braun running power slam, or Superman punch for example.  I like some creativity.  All the great finishers had a little pizzazz to it.  There are some exceptions that just feel like a finisher like the Hogan Leg Drop for instance. I love the stomp by Seth, simple yet creative.  The Eclipse is one of the best moves in today's WWE.

Didn't watch the event but saw the highlights from NXT War Games last night.  I remember the WCW war games which was always a favorite of mine.  The match with Ricochet, Dunn,  and the War Raiders vs Undisputed Era had some unbelievable moves.  Give the guys 2 rings, a cage,  and weapons with the athletes involved and you get an amazing spectacle.  Good talent in the wings.  Smackdown could use a few of them to come up.  Raw as well. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Good talent in the wings.  Smackdown could use a few of them to come up.  Raw as well. 

Looks like Lars Sullivan is being called up.  I guess Raw. 

WWE trying to save Mania.  But where does Becky fit in, now you have Becky and Charlotte on the list for Ronda.

SmartSelect_20181118-205836_Samsung Internet.jpg

THAT. WAS. AWESOME. That is absolutely how you book a match when you do not want either woman to lose!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!!!!!! MUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GIRL looked like a total badass that she is!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so amazing. 

• Love 1

@GwillMac6

Charlotte went heel turn in a big way. Both of your faves have gone heel in 1 week.  Me thinks this will be you when hearing Gus is back after IB.

Edited by AUBwins

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

@GwillMac6

Charlotte went heel turn in a big way. Both of your faves have gone heel in 1 week.  Me thinks this will be you when hearing Gus is back after IB.

This has been me this whole football season basically since after the washington game!!!!!! hahahahaah Heel Charlotte is the best character in the WWE in my biased opinion!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Haha 1

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW HUGE HUGE HUGE slap in the face to smackdown WHICH IS MYYYYYYYYY SHOW!!!!!!! I only watch raw for Rollins and Alexa Bliss. I do not watch the ref. SO to see them get skunked really pisses me off. This is some of the worst booking I have ever seen from the old man. Smackdown is about to be THE A show when it goes to fox in less than a year and this is your send off for it?! Gee thanks vince!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO effin mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW HUGE HUGE HUGE slap in the face to smackdown WHICH IS MYYYYYYYYY SHOW!!!!!!! I only watch raw for Rollins and Alexa Bliss. I do not watch the ref. SO to see them get skunked really pisses me off. This is some of the worst booking I have ever seen from the old man. Smackdown is about to be THE A show when it goes to fox in less than a year and this is your send off for it?! Gee thanks vince!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO effin mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea that's ridiculous.  At least Charlotte kicked Ronda's *ss.

Just now, AUBwins said:

Yea that's ridiculous.  At least Charlotte kicked Ronda's *ss.

SO SO SO SO SO SO DUMB!!!!!! vince has always hated smackdown. He does not even show up for smachdown  shows any more. Never seen him try to bury it this hard again. Smackdown is the better show. It has a lot more quality but yah lets have it WIN EVERY SINGLE MATCH. Great logic vince. yah queen beating TF out of rousey was the only good thing of the night.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And there with the Flair heart attack.  Was the heart attack real? I never heard one way or the other.  

UnderstatedSplendidGoldfish-size_restricted.gif

@ellitor thoughts? 

Edited by AUBwins